Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I can't accept this.
The team won't be ready until they win a few games, and we won't win until the list is ready.
It's complete nonsense.
I really hope you were sarcastic.
I just wonder if now that pick 1 is guaranteed that we will actually start being coached properly to win and build spirit, otherwise Bolton just did a Malthouse.
(Pardon my language)
This year is more deflating to me than the last year of Malthouse's tenure (again excuse my language).

Has Bolton lost the players?
The sign for when Malthouse and Ratts lost the players was heads down, no effort, no tackling, no late goals; just giving in to the savage realities of professional sport.

We kept tackling, kept running, and kept trying all the way through to the end.

I don't see it yet, despite how bad today was.

The sign for when Malthouse and Ratts lost the players was heads down, no effort, no tackling, no late goals; just giving in to the savage realities of professional sport.

No ****ing way. If you think we gave effort and are still a 12 goal worse team than Brisbane Lions who are 17th then you are delusional. There has been stuff all effort in many performances this year and it's alarm bells.

I think we watched a totally different game. There was little run, urgency and attack on the ball today. Even the commentators mentioned how lazy some of the efforts were.

No ******* way. If you think we gave effort and are still a 12 goal worse team than Brisbane Lions who are 17th then you are delusional. There has been stuff all effort in many performances this year and it's alarm bells.
You've misunderstood.

We never gave up. We kept trying, but due to structural issues, a completely disorganised backline, an utterly inadequate midfield that played two ruckman and is already a slow one anyway that lost one to injury inside the first term, we lost, away, to an opponent with their tail up.

If you think players at AFL level give up often, or do so en masse, you're dead wrong. To do so is indeed an indication that the coach is dead in the water.

Absolutely we're 10 goals worse than Brisbane at home. Did you not know that already?

I think we watched a totally different game. There was little run, urgency and attack on the ball today. Even the commentators mentioned how lazy some of the efforts were.
Because the commentators have the luxury of choosing when and where to point their cameras, they can choose to mention a player sprinting 100m to make a contest, or they can choose to point the camera at a first year player with their hands on their hips. Note how, when a side kicks a goal from a mark, they won't look at the play which leads into it, merely the kick to the marking target, unless it's to make a point.

That they chose to point out our players blowing after having sprinted from one side to the other to zone off, before having to run all the way back after they switch again, is an easy criticism to make.

You've misunderstood.

We never gave up. We kept trying, but due to structural issues, a completely disorganised backline, an utterly inadequate midfield that played two ruckman and is already a slow one anyway that lost one to injury inside the first term, we lost, away, to an opponent with their tail up.

If you think players at AFL level give up often, or do so en masse, you're dead wrong. To do so is indeed an indication that the coach is dead in the water.

Absolutely we're 10 goals worse than Brisbane at home. Did you not know that already?
So a few goals to port a few goals to another few but then think 10 goals to brissy makes sense
That’s alarming

So a few goals to port a few goals to another few but then think 10 goals to brissy makes sense
That’s alarming
A few goals to Port in Melbourne, after they went into the game knowing that they were going to win and taking it easy for a half before we stuck with them and forced them to play for 10 minute patches.

But sure, ignore whatever you like to make your argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few goals to Port in Melbourne, after they went into the game knowing that they were going to win and taking it easy for a half before we stuck with them and forced them to play for 10 minute patches.

But sure, ignore whatever you like to make your argument.
Lol!

Don’t think it’ll happen this year but if these results are still happening 12 months down the track, I’d think he’d be in giant trouble.

Today was insipid. He’s got excuses but ultimately, the game plan is just trash. Big year ahead for Bolts imo.

I think Bolts is our long term coach, but gee I think we could do with another Neil Craig type just to help & Advise Bolts & the coaching team.

Yeah think this might be something that has been overlooked. I think some sort of additional support for all the coaches not just Bolts would be hugely beneficial.

Our coaching group as whole seems to be fairly inexperienced in that none have coached at senior level other than Bolts and they all seem fairly young in coaching terms.

I don’t know who we’d go after but agree that someone with plenty senior coaching experience could act as a steadying influence

Don’t think it’ll happen this year but if these results are still happening 12 months down the track, I’d think he’d be in giant trouble.

Today was insipid. He’s got excuses but ultimately, the game plan is just trash. Big year ahead for Bolts imo.
I dont think there will be a move on Bolton this year even if we dont win another game.

There has been a lot of discussion that Bolton wont be judged on wins/losses this year (C.Judd has stated on a couple of occasions) but i am not sure people were thinking we would be 1-21 or 2-20 this year. I am still thinking he keeps his job this year however if his contract was terminated it would not be a shock. More likely to continue but i think the odds are now only slightly in favour of this.

If we cant win 4 games in 2019 i think he is gone.

I still believe Bolton is the right coach for this phase, but of course the jury is still out

People suggesting that Bolton, "will never be a successful coach as he never played the game".

Tony Bamford was named All Australian, SA under 18's coach. Lance Spaulding (Tasmania), as assistant coach. While Peter Sumich didn't get a mention. Even this being only an under 18 completion, it is the best of the best kids, ready to be drafted to the AFL

Curious, is having a better quality of side, change the fortunes of a coach and how they are viewed, would certainly of changed perceptions of Hardwick and Buckley

I need to ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back