Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

You would be correct.... many quotes from somebody really excited to be going into year 9 next year.

Again ......you'd think he'd have gotten through after the first 2 times.

Will be strange being the only one there with a Drivers Licence.

Because he disagrees with the group think? Yeah he doesn't have the nicest style but he hasn't responded or stooped to the name calling that I've seen thrown his way the last few days.

I honestly think the reaction by some posters to him has been way OTT. Seen a lot worse over the years change over time to be pretty positive contributors.

Not all forms of abuse are name calling. The inability to answer when questioned and just restate a position over and over again is a form of abuse.

2 stages it will be by the looks of it.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...t/news-story/4902d98e8c8dbfd427c5e97af0cbfe90
NEW Jordan MP Charis Mullen has pledged to pursue a low-cost fix for the traffic snarls where the Centenary Highway and Logan Motorway meet.
A big issue for many is the establishment of a Brisbane Lions sporting arena at Springfield Central, which has already been backed by Ipswich City Council, Springfield Land Corporation and the AFL to the tune of $40 million.

It is, however, dependent on $15 million each from the state and federal governments.

Ms Mullen said the 2017/18 budget had already been allocated but she hoped money may be made available in the next budget.

She said the Federal Government would likely wait for action from the state.

Does that affect our timeline at all?
Certainly not looking good for the stadium, lighting and commercial benefits of the development.
The T/A can probably still go ahead but without the bells and whistles.

Depends, if they came out and committed the money for next years budget and the federal govt matched, it could still be built in 1. You're not going to need all the money before 1 July next year. Still the rhetoric isn't great.
Stop giving us hope!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the women's NRL now taking submissions for teams it will be interesting to see what the Broncos will be given if they are awarded a team.

I just think the AFLW has a much broader appeal and ability to integrate athletes from a wide variety of sources then what the game of league does, but I'm pretty biased.

******* league.

The QLD ALP are a disgrace.

I have it on good authority that Palachuck's campaign team didn't like us going first with the LNP prior to the election. It is for this reason they're not finding it.

******* league.

The QLD ALP are a disgrace.

I have it on good authority that Palachuck's campaign team didn't like us going first with the LNP prior to the election.

Their fault, not ours.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in the 'Labor's fault rhetoric. Remember, it was the LNP federal govt that quashed our last tilt at getting funds.
And before any "at least the State LNP" committed, Nicholls would have promised me a blow job if it gave him a better chance of winning. Unfortunately there were bigger fish to fry, this time around. It stinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deliberate strategy to stay away from pouring more funds into an already corrupted Labor council area.
Best we can hope for is an early commitment for the 18/19 budget. That too might be too late as it gives plenty of room for the federal govt to either change their mind or collapse. We need a commitment in January/February.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in the 'Labor's fault rhetoric. Remember, it was the LNP federal govt that quashed our last tilt at getting funds.
And before any "at least the State LNP" committed, Nicholls would have promised me a blow job if it gave him a better chance of winning. Unfortunately there were bigger fish to fry, this time around. It stinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deliberate strategy to stay away from pouring more funds into an already corrupted Labor council area.
Best we can hope for is an early commitment for the 18/19 budget. That too might be too late as it gives plenty of room for the federal govt to either change their mind or collapse. We need a commitment in January/February.

Wonder if we'll hold off on starting the build or wait 'til something concrete comes in to get the full $70m o_O

I wouldn't get bogged down in defending them either. I know you're a massive apologist for the ALP...... But this is a huge slap in the face.

I think the QLD LNP are hopeless too..... But they didn't have the lack of a women's facility as an issue when they made their decision

Horribly I know for fact the QLD ALP had internally agreed to fund the project.. they changed their mind when the Lions went with a LNP press conference.

So despite them knowing this is a worthy cause.... They choose to punish the Lions instead..... And the people the Lions represent of course..... Us.

I wouldn't get bogged down in defending them either. I know you're a massive apologist for the ALP...... But this is a huge slap in the face.

I think the QLD LNP are hopeless too..... But they didn't have the lack of a women's facility as an issue when they made their decision

Horribly I know for fact the QLD ALP had internally agreed to fund the project.. they changed their mind when the Lions went with a LNP press conference.

So despite them knowing this is a worthy cause.... They choose to punish the Lions instead
..... And the people the Lions represent of course..... Us.
I guess we have your word for that, but if there is any semblance of truth to it, I suspect they will have reneged on public commitment/announcement rather than actual in principal agreement, but I'll do my own digging after Xmas.

Not for long, I wouldn't think. At some point they have to just get on with it.

This ain't going to happen, they would be better merging with a struggling local team ie Kedron or Zillmere who at least has some facilities and build from there, I can see us being 5 years down the track in the same position

Remove this Banner Ad

Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back