Brisbane football ratings: Sat 31 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 27, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes, you're favorite thread is now a weekly soap opera. :p

This Saturday night we have a huge battle of the ratings in Australia's greatest city...

-- Broncos @ 7.30pm on 9 (repeat after Fox Sports has televised the match LIVE nationwide @ 5.30)

-- Wallabies @ 7.00pm on 7 (live & exclusive)

-- Lions @ 7.00pm on 10 (live & exclusive)

We have a GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE to hand out this week...

early predictions?

Originally posted by EB&W Pieman
Wallabies 1st (by a fair margin)
Broncos 2nd
Lions 3rd

Have to agree, although i dont like it............ seriously cant stand rugby union.

Tally ho old chaps, spot of rugger bugger lads, over the top for the glory of the British empire.

Originally posted by nicko18
do you also not like cricket eh phil?

fancy a tea break young lad?

Got me there, i do like cricket but not as much as i used to, union in OZ is a private school sport where cricket is played through most schools from north shore to north woop woop. I read somewhere (might have been here)that a bomb under twickenham would set English facsism back 50 years-sounds about right to me.

I just think it's fantastic that we are now in the position to seriously compare ratings with the best RL side and an International RU test . If we look at the chronological progression , from having no AFL team in QLD , to having a team . to getting good crowds , to consistantly outdraw Brisbane's one and only highly popular NRL team for the last 4 years , to occassionally outrate them on TV to now , where we're comparing ratings every week . Fantastic !
Add to that QLD has more Auskickers (players up to 12 years) than WA or SA the potential is enormous for AF .

Who cares what the ratings are? We all know which is the best code, so why do we have to put up with these threads.

Also, I would expect that the Wallabies will rate better, they only play 3 or 4 games each year and they are a national team. How does the rugby union domestic competition rate on free to air television? The Broncos will probably rate better as that is what they have tought their fans to do, watch on TV.

Finally, I will not be watching any of them. Why? Brecause I am a fan of the game and am lucky enough to be flying down to the game in Sydney tonight. Wonder how many Broncos fans are doing the same?

Originally posted by cos789
I just think it's fantastic that we are now in the position to seriously compare ratings with the best RL side and an International RU test . If we look at the chronological progression , from having no AFL team in QLD , to having a team . to getting good crowds , to consistantly outdraw Brisbane's one and only highly popular NRL team for the last 4 years , to occassionally outrate them on TV to now , where we're comparing ratings every week . Fantastic !
Add to that QLD has more Auskickers (players up to 12 years) than WA or SA the potential is enormous for AF .
Thats a pretty fair summary, apart from saying the Lions "occassionally outrate then on tv". Once in 16 years since they first went head2head in 1988 have the Lions outrated the Broncos on a 'reasonably fair' comparison - Lions Pies Easter Thursday 2002 vs Broncos Roosters Good Friday 2002.

Originally posted by EB&W Pieman
Wallabies 1st (by a fair margin)
Broncos 2nd
Lions 3rd

agreed although the broncos will push the wallabies i reckon. All i know for sure is that it will be a terrible night for my business - video stores!!

Predicted Brisbane ratings:

1st - Rugby. Qantas Wallabies v Springboks.

2nd - Football. Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions.

3rd - Rugby League. Cronulla Sharks v Brisbane Broncos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Vidman
All i know for sure is that it will be a terrible night for my business - video stores!!
You'll probably do quite well. There are people, sad and pathetic though it is, who don't like watching sport on telly.
In Sydney there's no NRL on FTA telly, it's just the Swans game (on half an hour's delay) against the rugby (live). I hope the Swans game gets good ratings, especially considering it looks like there'll be a good crowd at the game.

Originally posted by Vidman
All i know for sure is that it will be a terrible night for my business - video stores!!

Would have thought the opposite thousands of people rent DVDs etc when the footy is on, done it myself on occasions and am amazed at the number of people at the video store.

We have a shop at a northern suburbs shopping centre and are always quieter when the Eagles play on saturday arvo. Imagine it may be the same when the Dockers play down south.

Hang on....I just checked the TV schedules for Melbourne and this stuff is not on. Did you mean to say Brisbane, rather than Australia's greatest city ??:D

Originally posted by littleduck
not yet.

interestingly, 9 FNF did not make the top 20 last friday night, for about the 2nd or 3rd time this year.
That's because it was Broncos vs. Sharks...nobody wants to watch the Sharks play.

Im interested now in these ratings, where are they.......... all though i would still expect the Lions to run third, surely they have finished counting now or is there some fudging of numbers etc going on from the respective spin doctors.

LD you seem to find all the numbers (especially when it suits you) where are they.

Originally posted by fabulousphil
Im interested now in these ratings, where are they.......... all though i would still expect the Lions to run third, surely they have finished counting now or is there some fudging of numbers etc going on from the respective spin doctors.

I'm sure BF's AFL-NRL-RU TV ratings spin doctor (littled*ck) will be back soon ... with fudged numbers :cool:

Originally posted by HitEmHardFreo
I'm sure BF's AFL-NRL-RU TV ratings spin doctor (littled*ck) will be back soon ... with fudged numbers :cool:
If you're talking about the other thread just now I showed that I was right. Grayham is the one with a fudged number and hasnt correct himself yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane football ratings: Sat 31 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Back