Bronx Cheering of young developing players

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really surprised he got the bronx cheer... I probably would have joined in on yesterday they.

Moore has had over 2 years of practically being automatically selected. In his last 10 or so games he has done very, very little. He may appear to be trying, but what the team needs him to do is TRY to lead to space and take marks. He continually hangs around for the pack marks, which 99% of the time he never gets close to marking. He finally takes a mark on the HBF in the last quarter after the game is lost and the Collingwood supporters bronx cheer him. If this isn't a message to Nathan Buckley I don't know what is.

Moore need to be dropped to work out how to be a leading forward and take marks in the 50 meter arc... not on the HBF.

Collingwood supporters have had enough of players being picked automatically when them being in the team costs us games. We would have been better off with Moore out of the team yesterday... and Moores' (first and only) bronx cheer is a way of letting the club know enough is enough.
Think it was On The Couch a few weeks ago. Talking about him and saying not sure what everyone is expecting. Showed his career stats compared to all previous junior career stats. He is producing exactly the same in AFL as he has done in junior comps. Which for a young player isn't a bad thing.

Think maybe that game he had against us unfairly increased everyone's expectations of him to produce the same more regularly.

If I were Moore I would be thinking "**** you Collingwood fans" and then signing the dotted line at a club that appreciates its players a bit more. I would not want to play for a team where the supporter base gives Bronx cheers to 20 year old KPF's who really should not be expected to do that much at that age. If I were Moore I would not want my future talent and success to bring those Collingwood fans any joy.
Swans fans have never given the bronx cheer to any of their own players im sure.....

Grow up, happens to players in every side. Nuffy fans across the board.

When a player no matter how old they are, if they are dropping easy marks that they should take, they deserve the Bronx cheers!!
Bronx cheer the dickhead coaches and selectors that put him under so much pressure. All I hope is the powers that be are gone before his talent or spirit are broken. Another josh Fraser in the making. Sack the sacred cow and be done with it. Play Reid or Howe forward to protect Moore. This should be our very first consideration. He is our future. This year is toast again, get a new coach in, play to give the kids the best education they can get, get a decent skills coach, and a goal kicking coach who can kick straight, find out who has it in them, offload the rest.

Pendles, Sidey, Faz if he shows heart as he is right now, Billy if his body holds, Treloar, De Dumbgoey, WHE, Daicos, Brown, Howe, Grundy, untouchable, everyone else plays for their careers,

Back to topic, I didn't hear it, but no way would I have done it.

Non-issue. Cmon guys, he's a professional and an adult. One in the public spotlight. He should be able to handle at least that much.

Bronx cheer the dickhead coaches and selectors that put him under so much pressure. All I hope is the powers that be are gone before his talent or spirit are broken. Another josh Fraser in the making. Sack the sacred cow and be done with it. Play Reid or Howe forward to protect Moore. This should be our very first consideration. He is our future. This year is toast again, get a new coach in, play to give the kids the best education they can get, get a decent skills coach, and a goal kicking coach who can kick straight, find out who has it in them, offload the rest.

Pendles, Sidey, Faz if he shows heart as he is right now, Billy if his body holds, Treloar, De Dumbgoey, WHE, Daicos, Brown, Howe, Grundy, untouchable, everyone else plays for their careers,

Back to topic, I didn't hear it, but no way would I have done it.

Reckon Darcy Moore is so much better then Josh Fraser ever could have been. You have a gun there, and someone who I reckon won't ever let ironic cheers get to him. Josh perhaps was blown away by the pressure on performing right away being the top pick. Darcy has been free to grow in his own way so enjoy your gun for the next decade :)

Cam got a few Bronx cheers last week, not a fan of it personally.
Yeah I hated that. He had butter fingers all night and got the Bronx cheer when he finally clunked one. Don't think it was very fair on the young kid who is so close to finally putting it all together anyway after a whole year of being out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I hated that. He had butter fingers all night and got the Bronx cheer when he finally clunked one. Don't think it was very fair on the young kid who is so close to finally putting it all together anyway after a whole year of being out.
Wrong player, Jamie Elliot was out for a year,

But neither deserved it.

Are you his mum ?
Bloke will probably cringe if he sees this.

Maybe you should suggest a course he could attend..or maybe some tips from teammate Tarzan Jesse on how to ignore those awful bullies in the crowd.

Poor bloke. People are mocking him when he doesn't perform his job adequately

Remove this Banner Ad

Bronx Cheering of young developing players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back