Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some curious reactions to Priddis winning.

Yes Fyfe was unlucky with his ridiculous suspension. Yes Ablett was unlucky to pop his shoulder. Priddis still out-polled every player in the comp.

Priddis also wasn't a complete outsider. This morning he was at the same odds as Franklin, Heppell, Pendlebury and ahead of Boak.

1st suspension this season or his 2nd?

At least this bloke never won the Brownlow. Now this is a laugh haha!

As a West Coast fan I congratulate him on his Brownlow win. That's three Brownlow medallists at our club to go with our 3 premierships.

As a football fan I find it embarrassing that he won the award as he was not the best player this year. I don't know who was but as I have sat and watched every second of every WCE game I can tell you that his disposal does not warrant his medal.

Having said that...Go Eagles :)

Well done Priddis, a humble, hard worker! Yes there was some luck involved but that's life.

All Australian year

795755-df42ff82-3d97-11e4-bf5a-0352721e6660.jpg

Tom Shltcliff and Scott Bendlebury gave sucky sucky for the panel

Overrated because he only played brilliantly in finals ?

Classic.

The award is about the Home and Away season, Gray has no where nearly played as consistently or brilliantly as the media have spouted in the H&A. What occurs in finals is irrelevant for an award based on the season result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue with Priddis winning, I find it funny with all the WC supporters on here that complain about him normally. He is an elite player IMO.

Does anyone check the votes after the count? A quick check and he wasn't even listed in the best players on the afl site in the last game, yet polled 2 votes to 'beat' Fyfe. Conspiracy theory anyone?

Consistency will do it every time.

One vote in every game will beat 7 best-on-grounds.

Fairest and best for the year (not best player) Matt Priddis. Well Done!

I had to smile when the cameraman up high following him to the stage got confused and followed a long-haired waiter by mistake!

I have no issue with Priddis winning, I find it funny with all the WC supporters on here that complain about him normally. He is an elite player IMO.

Does anyone check the votes after the count? A quick check and he wasn't even listed in the best players on the afl site in the last game, yet polled 2 votes to 'beat' Fyfe. Conspiracy theory anyone?
I was thinking the same thing lol

Oh please enough with those cherry picking stats.

Priddis impact on the game is negligible, how many games has he won off his boot? When comparing to Judd and Cousins its embarrassing to even have this bloke to come top 3 in voting.

Priddis winning was worth it for the melt from salty salty Fremantle supporters alone. Teach Fyfe not to be a dirty sniper and he might be on Priddis' level one day I reckon.

I still say Sloane had better hair and thus should have won.
Outplayed Danger this year and outclassed the red carpet girls.
Can't really go past him, but I guess that's the trouble that he is unfairly good looking thus he was out of the running.

Priddis winning was worth it for the melt from salty salty Fremantle supporters alone. Teach Fyfe not to be a dirty sniper and he might be on Priddis' level one day I reckon.

Not as funny as Port fans thinking Gray was a chance lol

As to 'salty' well just about every club is wondering what happened...

The award is about the Home and Away season, Gray has no where nearly played as consistently or brilliantly as the media have spouted in the H&A. What occurs in finals is irrelevant for an award based on the season result.

What are you talking about? The coaches voted Gray as the best and most consistent player over the H&A season, giving Gray votes in 18 games. I think they know a thing or two about judging players.

Anyone know A) What Priddis was paying on the "TAB"
And B ) Was he in the group of "Any player unlisted" I can't check it online as I did it through the TAB with a ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back