Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not the best , it's the best and FAIREST so that why Sniper Fyfe didn't win !

He didn't get picked for AA because he is a
Non Victorian playing for a non Victorian team who didn't make the finals . It's hard to believe a player in the top 3 for disposals , clearances , tackles and contested possessions doesn't make it .

Also eagles fans were not calling for his head . We have a 340 page thread on priddis where about 10 priddis haters circle jerk about needing to delist him ! Not exactly a an accurate cross section .

I'm stoked priddis won it he has had a great year we almost made finals losing a lot of close games that he polled in because he played very well . The reason priddis got so many votes is that its a
Midfielders award and WCE don't have many other well performed mids taking votes off him.
So much this!! That disgusting 300 page circle jerk should just be deleted, bloody shameful it is even allowed to continue. Congratulations Priddis!
& Go Hawks on Saturday, can't stand the COLAS

it would have been that great if buddy was one or two off the lead going into the final round and couldn't poll because of the game sat out or if fyfe had only been suspended once and won. would have been crraaazzzzzyyy.
in regards to the brownlow, look it was always going to be up in the air and anyone's brownlow from the start aka why they cut 8 brownlow medals this year.
too many stars missed vital games with injury (miss 3 or 4 games, realistically that's any where from 3-6 votes on average) and like it or not priddis was good & CONSISTENT on a team that won 10 games. i was more in shock of how many votes dangerfield/harvey polled than anything.

i was more in shock of how many votes dangerfield/harvey polled than anything.

I seriously thought Dangerfield got double the votes he should have. He didn't have a bad season, and he's no doubt a great player, but IMO there just wasn't as many instances of his team doing well and him being among the three best players on the ground as the count would have you believe.

Last edited:
I seriously though Dangerfield got double the votes he should have. He didn't have a bad season, and he's no doubt a great player, but IMO there just wasn't as many instances of his team doing well and him being among the three best players on the ground as the count would have you believe.

The Brownlow doesn't award consistency, but his votes are quite indicative of some of his performances throughout the year. It is true Dangerfield had a fairly inconsistent season and injuries clearly hindered his influence towards the end of the year. I thought the votes he received were pretty accurate except for a couple of games (Collingwood in Round 18 and Melbourne in Round 7). He had a massive month earlier in the season where he picked up 12 votes from four games. It's not his fault most other players in the league can't get a best on ground every few weeks like him...

I think Dangerfield is a monty for most votes for the Crows. Look out when he's fit and playing in a decent team!
Dangerfield – 19
Thompson - 11
Sloane - 10
Jacobs - 8
Smith - 7

Crows Brownlow Medal Leaderboard:
21 – Patrick Dangerfield (5th)
14 – Scott Thompson (17th)
10 – Rory Sloane
6 – Sam Jacobs
5 – Taylor Walker
4 – Eddie Betts, James Podsiadly, Brodie Smith
3 – Josh Jenkins

Just out of interest he's picked up 66 votes in his last 60 home and away games. By comparison some of the best midfielders have received the following votes over the same time (or thereabouts):
Ablett - 78
Fyfe - 67
Dangerfield - 66
Cotchin - 63
Selwood - 62
Watson - 58
Kennedy - 54
Pendlebury - 52

But yeah, I've gone a bit off topic here. Still stoked for Priddis. Congratulations and well deserved!

it was more then a dozen, i'm sure most have turned coat now he has a brownlow.

It helps their cause if they believe it is a only a dozen and that no one outside of BF thinks like that.

The strange thing in my experience is that the biggest supporters of him are the older brigade that yell "kick it" because lets face it nobody is better at the bomb it long routine than our main man. But I am sure these posters bemoan that type of crowd member as well. My Mum, my Uncle and an older Saints fan I know love him. My Eagle supporting mates and Freo fans of various age groups love a good discussion about him. The only comforting thing they usually say is he is being used poorly and he needs better people to get the ball too. Not really a glowing endorsement.

That thread had been counted from the start by someone and it was nearly a 50/50 split and contains a lot of posters over its course. And yes a couple have changed tack, some after meeting him in person like they thought he would be a bad guy or something and some just because of the arbitrary award.

The good, the bad and the ugly from WC fans here in this thread.

Just lock the bloody thing ffs..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. It's aimed at those who can't even have a word of appreciation for a hard won award.
They should at least give the Priddis some credit, it must be hard for him to soar like an Eagle in the midfield when he is surrounded by turkeys :)

The Brownlow doesn't award consistency
It worked for Priddis!
Dangerfield – 19
Thompson - 11
Sloane - 10
Jacobs - 8
Smith - 7
Crows Brownlow Medal Leaderboard:
21 – Patrick Dangerfield (5th)
14 – Scott Thompson (17th)
10 – Rory Sloane
6 – Sam Jacobs
5 – Taylor Walker
4 – Eddie Betts, James Podsiadly, Brodie Smith
3 – Josh Jenkins
That's a decent effort. The first four are nearly spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back