Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is no Woewodin. Priddis has played consistent, excellent, football for many years. I think he was top 5 a few years back and would have polled over 20 votes a few times.

Winning or losing he puts in such effort and provides a lot of drive. Needs some support around him and others putting in the effort he does.

the brownlow medal doesn't make you the best player in the comp..some teams have 1-3 elite players stealing votes from each other, who polled west coasts second highest vote? I'd imagine it wasn't that high but besides all that well deserved bit unlucky to make AA.

Shuey had 13 and JJK had 11 iirc. We had an unusually high total of votes for a side that finished outside the finals.

What I love about Spud

um no. I think every club supporters are because the best player didn't win the brownlow.

Nat Fyfe, Franklin, Kennedy, Boak etc... were deserving winners.

How do you not get picked for AA, but win the brownlow.

Eagle fans were calling for his head end of season and now he supposedly the best player in the comp lol

Obviously not as deserving as Priddis, besides maybe Fyfe, but he is a dirty player so wasn't eligible

AA selectors need a good kick in the rear

Robbie Gray is the most over rated thing, I laughed so hard when news sites said he had a chance.

Only played brilliantly in a few games and in finals where no votes are given.

Boak deserved to finish above.

Some curious reactions to Priddis winning.

Yes Fyfe was unlucky with his ridiculous suspension. Yes Ablett was unlucky to pop his shoulder. Priddis still out-polled every player in the comp.

Priddis also wasn't a complete outsider. This morning he was at the same odds as Franklin, Heppell, Pendlebury and ahead of Boak.

Obviously not as deserving as Priddis, besides maybe Fyfe, but he is a dirty player so wasn't eligible

AA selectors need a good kick in the rear

Dirty player? How does a drug cheat (Watson) get to keep his brownlow?

Like I said before only saving grace is Priddis is a likeable person who comes from a battlers background.

AA selectors got it right, no one in the right mind would have Priddis in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty player? How does a drug cheat (Watson) get to keep his brownlow?

Like I said before only saving grace is Priddis is a likeable person who comes from a battlers background.

Suspended multiple weeks in 2 seasons = dirty

I am still disgusted that Watson hasn't handed his in or been stripped of it

Some curious reactions to Priddis winning.

Yes Fyfe was unlucky with his ridiculous suspension. Yes Ablett was unlucky to pop his shoulder. Priddis still out-polled every player in the comp.

Priddis also wasn't a complete outsider. This morning he was at the same odds as Franklin, Heppell, Pendlebury and ahead of Boak.

Him out-polling every other player in the comp is why it was ridiculous. Can you, honestly, having him watched him in every game say that he was the best player in the competition?

What I love about Spud

um no. I think every club supporters are because the best player didn't win the brownlow.

Nat Fyfe, Franklin, Kennedy, Boak etc... were deserving winners.

How do you not get picked for AA, but win the brownlow.

Eagle fans were calling for his head end of season and now he supposedly the best player in the comp lol

chill, mate. Fyfe couldn't win that award as soon as he got rubbed out the first time. Ablett should have won but injury knocked him out of contention. Kennedy - same story. Buddy, well... but for the old "insufficient force" excuse, he really should have been rubbed out, too, so I'm kinda glad he didn't win it.

Priddis coming from left field and into contention because of his consistency and hard work is the best possible result, it's a victory that should be savoured by underdogs everywhere. He seems like a genuine and humble bloke who is just as shocked as the rest of us that he won it, so happy for him to get his just reward for the effort he puts in. :)

Anyone who thinks this is another Woewodin has no idea about football. He has led the AFL in clearances & tackles since 2007. He has had the most disposals of any player this year and a solid season the boot. Going by his speech tonight he is a very humble, gracious & deserved winner. Congratulations Matt Priddis.

So what is this, the Salvation Army Award?

What a joke.
No not a joke. Sour grapes are so unbecoming. Read the rest of my post. He is not the best footballer in the AFL but that has happened many times before. Ablett has dominated the competition for a very long time now so if the best player won it every year he would have 5 or 6 brownlows by now. It is not an undeserved win. Most possessions, second most clearances and third most tackles in the AFL in 2014 speaks volumes for his ability to be noticed by the vote givers.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks this is another Woewodin has no idea about football. He has led the AFL in clearances & tackles since 2007. He has had the most disposals of any player this year and a solid season the boot. Going by his speech tonight he is a very humble, gracious & deserved winner. Congratulations Matt Priddis.

Oh please enough with those cherry picking stats.

Priddis impact on the game is negligible, how many games has he won off his boot? When comparing to Judd and Cousins its embarrassing to even have this bloke to come top 3 in voting.

Everyone_is_mad.jpg

Congratulations Matt. All the bitching and moaning from all the non WC supporters will never change the fact that you are the 2014 Brownlow medallist, it's in the book, well done.
One of the most humble acceptance speeches I've heard as well.

Dw most WC fans have suddenly changed their view on him. Only weeks ago they were calling for his head, but the upside next year he can't be dropped lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back