Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????????????????????????????????
what are u on about??????
im not blaming Bud, the club should have not made the bonehead decision, overruled Bud and told him to get ready for pies game onwards

You stated that Buddy is not the sharpest tool in the shed and he needs to be monitored and mentored and he needs to be told what to do all the time..
No you didnt blame him for the result of his injury but you certainly didnt say a nice thing about him in that post..

As soon as I realised he was not a late withdrawal on Sunday I knew (yes, I had that little feeling in my guts) that he would get injured. I understand this is the way sport can go, but am really, very disappointed in the coaches/medical staff that allowed him to play, regardless of if Buddy proved his fitness, they should surely have had the balls to give the man a rest to not risk the exact thing that happened. Sometimes I feel our club is the best in the world, sometimes I wonder if some of our staff are professionals and not just monkeys with stethoscopes and clipboards.

Im probably going to get mobbed for this comment but I think its a blessing in disguise. Hawthorn are far too buddy conscious, it will now give our lesser lights a chance to shine in his absence. Can you imagine if we win all the games without Buddy? We all know what Roughy can do, Hale is more than competent and Gunston will now now hopefully put a stamp of authority in games. The rest of the competition will be shitting themselves if we win them BEFORE buddy returns. Be positive, try to look on the bright side and not devour your own kind.

You stated that Buddy is not the sharpest tool in the shed and he needs to be monitored and mentored and he needs to be told what to do all the time..
No you didnt blame him for the result of his injury but you certainly didnt say a nice thing about him in that post..

True love (not in a sexual way in this instance) means u are honest and criticise when required...I luv Bud, but he is not a clever cookie...sorry if that doesn't sound "nice", but its the truth...if bud was clever he would have said coach the hammie tightened up, maybe its best i have a week off v gws and get ready for our big 3 games coming up...i don't blame bud as he isn't clever, his job is to play football and we love how he does that..it's the employees of the club that are there to make the right decisions in the best interests of club and player..they failed miserably..they failed the club and they failed bud

some of you lot a so moronic its laughable.. wot more can the docs do than scans and the like - if these things show NOTHING, then its up to the player - its HIS body FFS, if he says he feels right then who the heck are you to say rest him just cos we can ... i mean come on
Moronic!!??...the reason most on here are flabbergasted is that Buddy was injured..confirmed; the GWS game didn't require his services..fact; the soft tissue injuries are difficult to determine..Fact; with top four in the balance caution would have been prudent; Buddy always says he's right to go..assumed; We all here have every right to carry like pork chops as this is as dumb a move as you'll see HFC make..fact. Clarko and Russell came from the same school...must be something in the water up in Ballarat...

What a way to show some bloody faith in the rest of the team. Top shelf stuff tonight, folks. :thumbsu:
The comments are predominantly directed at the stupity of those incharge of having Buddy play unnecessarily ... Not at the fact that the rest of the team is useless without him....which of course is not the case and the Hawks will roll Scums and will still be very close against Piepricks

Agreed drifty. It's a monumental debacle and a reflection on the management of the club, not Buddy himself or the rest of the team. We can of course win without him, but can somebody please explain why we played a bloke who didn't train all week against a side we could have beaten with half the team out? We have an army of coaches and medical staff who are experts and I want to have faith in - they want to win premierships too - but I simply cannot understand why they didn't just rest him to be safe. I don't care whether Buddy told them he could run a marathon; surely without an extremely high-degree of confidence the fitness/coaching staff would have taken a conservative approach?

I really hope this was bad luck and not a reflection of halfwit management, but given he pulled up sore after Carlton with the same injury, I remain to be convinced.

Buddy Hell. Looks like this is a monstrous 'male bird' ( not rooster ) up by the club. Sewell and Silk given a rest but Buddy the one who was subbed last week with hamstring tightness is not one to be playing games with.
The bright side lookers all very well but ask yourself a question, would you rather have Buddy in or out?
Will miss the Bombers game being a Friday night game. Hammies are 21 days usually and the Bombers game is 19 days away. Too close to finals to be risking him again for further time. Should hopefully make it back for the cats game being only 26 days away.
Could now miss the Coleman as well and i won't be able to read the ' Buddy's developing place on the all-time ladder' thread.
M----- F-----.

It's certainly unfortunate that this turn of events has transpired.

Still, from crisis comes opportunity. We're about to see what the rest of the players are made of, and I have a feeling that we might be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Firstly, I want to say that I think Hawthorn are just about the best bet for the premiership at the moment as it stands.

But I am wondering where all this new found confidence in your team has come from? It was just over a month ago that most people on this board were talking down the team, then there were people pointing out that the next 5-6 weeks was not very difficult and the Hawks should win them all. To this the negative posters were saying that nothing would be learned until you played decent opposition again.
Soon you will be playing decent opposition in Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong in a 3 week stretch and it is possible Buddy will miss them all and now, after belting the teams that you were expected to belt, you have confidence that the team has ironed out all the kinks and is ready to roll?? I just don't follow the logic. I have a feeling we will know a lot more about Hawthorn and Collingwood after the next 2 weeks and by that time the leading Victorian contender will be very clear.

Firstly, I want to say that I think Hawthorn are just about the best bet for the premiership at the moment as it stands.

But I am wondering where all this new found confidence in your team has come from? It was just over a month ago that most people on this board were talking down the team, then there were people pointing out that the next 5-6 weeks was not very difficult and the Hawks should win them all. To this the negative posters were saying that nothing would be learned until you played decent opposition again.
Soon you will be playing decent opposition in Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong in a 3 week stretch and it is possible Buddy will miss them all and now, after belting the teams that you were expected to belt, you have confidence that the team has ironed out all the kinks and is ready to roll?? I just don't follow the logic. I have a feeling we will know a lot more about Hawthorn and Collingwood after the next 2 weeks and by that time the leading Victorian contender will be very clear.

Most? Not sure about that, we have our fair share of dickheads around here but we are talking about Franklin getting injured no? Not sure most around here subscribed to the one man team theory, that's generally opposition supporters without much of a clue.

Massive loss no doubt, but supporters thinking we have a descent team around him is hardly illogical or something that just appeared in the last month. I'm sure we could trawl every board and find questionable "logic" of the vocal minority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are some facts:

He looked very sore after the Carlton game and was limping noticeably during the post match interview he did on the ground.
He is our most damaging player.
He did not train during the week.
Our most testing period of the season is coming up.
All Hawthorn supporters have faith in the rest of the team.
We played GWS on the weekend.

Then last fact: HE SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED. There is no possible way to gloss over this.

If he was deemed 100% fit and had his tests done then there was absolutely no reason at all not to play him. The selectors were perfectly entitled to select him.

The issue isn't with the selectors but with the people who deemed him 100% right to go.

I have no issue at all with the match committee selecting him to play if they were told he's right.

Regardless, if we do all have faith in our team then it's time to take a chill pill. Don't doubt our ability to get over these next few games. I reckon the rest of them will be chomping at the bit to send a message to the rest of the AFL and the likes of all the dooms day posters in here.

Teenage girls can be less hysterical than the posters in this place at times. (not directed at one person in isolation :) ).

Buddy said he was good to go, the medical team said he was good to go, the tests said he was good to go.

However how hard would it have been for Clarko to tap him on the shoulder and say "have a week off Big Fella"

I am as angry as any Hawthorn member but if we can snare 2 or lets all hope 3 wins while Buddy is out imagine the confidence boost the whole club would receive.

Leave Roughie at FF and maybe even play Shoey at CHF with Gunston on the flank.

Im probably going to get mobbed for this comment but I think its a blessing in disguise. Hawthorn are far too buddy conscious, it will now give our lesser lights a chance to shine in his absence. Can you imagine if we win all the games without Buddy? We all know what Roughy can do, Hale is more than competent and Gunston will now now hopefully put a stamp of authority in games. The rest of the competition will be shitting themselves if we win them BEFORE buddy returns. Be positive, try to look on the bright side and not devour your own kind.

Not getting mobbed by me because what you say is spot on.

Maybe even play Shoey at CHF.

Not getting mobbed by me because what you say is spot on.

Maybe even play Shoey at CHF.

Nup - Shoey stays right where he is, he's growing by the week and I'd hate to see anything undermine that like playing with his head by playing another position.

Here are some facts:

He looked very sore after the Carlton game and was limping noticeably during the post match interview he did on the ground.
He is our most damaging player.
He did not train during the week.
Our most testing period of the season is coming up.
All Hawthorn supporters have faith in the rest of the team.
We played GWS on the weekend.

Then last fact: HE SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED. There is no possible way to gloss over this.

Rubbish. We played Collingwood, Geelong, Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney in the first 5 rounds of the season.

This month of football sees us play Doggies (walkover), Collingwood (big game), Essendon (fading fast and will be without their star forward too), and Geelong (big game). So we play 2 tough games in the next month - it is barely a shadow of the start to the season we endured. Would be surprised if we don't win 3 of the next 4 - with or without Buddy.

As someone said earlier, the hysteria on here at the moment is resembling a pack of teenage girls.

Great post. This is a great opportunity for the Hawks to show what they are really made of.

Also, if Buddy was injured already then he was already out for 2-3. All he has done is move it forward a week. Players get injured, we all need to calm down. He has not done a knee.

Very concerned about Hodge though.

Supporters of other top 4 contenders will be loving this. Way to go HFC medical team, you may have just ****** out premiership chances in the arse. (heads MUST roll, our injury management has been absolute ratshit for years)
I wouldnt be saying stuff like this mate, the thought police here will be coming after you, dont you understand that our injury management is first class and anything bad that happens is all just" bad luck". Time now for the other stars in the side to really stand up, are you listening Cryil.

Nup - Shoey stays right where he is, he's growing by the week and I'd hate to see anything undermine that like playing with his head by playing another position.

Yep, agree. Shoe is coming along nicely :D (everyone loves that saying but I mean it). He's our CHB.

We have the weapons up forward to cover Buddy. We'll smack WB this week and I reckon we'll handle the Bombers too. Pies will be tough but I'm not writing that off by any stretch.

We could come out of this even stronger if the boys are up for the challenge.

Also, if Buddy was injured already then he was already out for 2-3. All he has done is move it forward a week. Players get injured, we all need to calm down. He has not done a knee.

Yeah, good point. Just shifted his block of 2-3 weeks along by a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back