Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Buku is a one dimensional third tall type. At this stage he's probably more like Gardner in that sense. He's always a worry getting isolated against even average opponents and he had one of the best forwards in the comp to sit on today due to injury crisis.

In the end, with possibly the most improvised backline we have ever used under Bevo, we kept McKay and Curnow to a combined 6 goals. We were expecting that figure to hit 10+ going in.

Hell, we had our best tall defenders available out there when Hipwood alone kicked 6 a few weeks ago.

Lobb and Buku had one job to do: just ****ing hang in there. They did. Can't ask for much more from those two all things considered. Very 2016 Fletcher Roberts. Not pretty or perfect, it was never going to be. Big effort anyway.

Talk about other teams and their feral supporters, we aren’t last on that abuse ladder. The vitriol directed at inexperienced, young players by members is beyond belief. Had to tell a guy behind us to calm down as he went berserk at McNeil, Darcy, Gags etc. No word of the turnovers by Dale and other older players. His group left their seats at half time, hope he exited and missed a great result.

The only change we could justify, if we were to recall O'Donnell. Would be dropping Coffield, a horrendous disservice in my opinion. He had some shining moments tonight and played his role of pack fodder perfectly. Give the man at least until next week before bringing the hammer down.

Let's see if this kid can get back to his 2020 form.

A few in aisle 34 did the same. Not me and my 4 seats…best win of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep, aisle 34 had some very passionate supporters missing (who generally don’t like intruders coming in) who had Carlton supporters in their seats. Was a bit odd

In the end, with possibly the most improvised backline we have ever used under Bevo, we kept McKay and Curnow to a combined 6 goals. We were expecting that figure to hit 10+ going in.
Let’s be honest - Roberts and Hamling (keeping the $2m Buddy and Tippett duo to one goal) was not anyone’s idea of a deep defensive premiership duo.

Bev has form.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win Doggies I am very proud of every player.
The mids all did well but isn’t it good to compete against a midfield that has the same pace challenges as us? Richards really adds something.
Hats off to Lobb and Khamis. Thought both battled their heats out and played well.
Credit to JUH. Best game in ages and I hope he brings that effort every week.
How good will Darcy be with another couple of preseasons behind him. Scary good.
Better effort from English but how many turnovers did he have?
Well done Dogs

Great win Doggies I am very proud of every player.
The mids all did well but isn’t it good to compete against a midfield that has the same pace challenges as us? Richards really adds something.
Hats off to Lobb and Khamis. Thought both battled their heats out and played well.
Credit to JUH. Best game in ages and I hope he brings that effort every week.
How good will Darcy be with another couple of preseasons behind him. Scary good.
Better effort from English but how many turnovers did he have?
Well done Dogs
I just looked it up on the AFL App English only had 1 turnover

He was forced to kick from tight angles or long range.

I really didn't feel too concerned about either key forward all game.

Lobb and Bhuku did solid jobs.

Even when Lobb got beaten I felt it was just some defensive inexperience as opposed to skill or effort.
I think this is exactly why it felt like Buku did quite well even though Curnow had the 10 scoring shots. Also got stitched up with Curnow’s first goal coming from his weekly free kick that no other KPF gets.

Are any of you the tightasses who took the $10 credit for giving up your seat meaning there were lots of Carlton flogs in aisle 35 😝😝😝 Still, nice seeing them leave with a few minutes left :)

Woooooooooooooooo
That’s my old stomping ground….used to be a very passionate group of supporters

Stop getting carried away with how Buku played. Curnow kicked 3.7 missing some easy shots.

Any other day he kicks 7.3 and we lose.

I get he is more mobile than Keath but FMD. JOD must play on him next time
They were not all on Buku. Thought it was his best game and could build on it. Still believe he is just below AFL level but today he was competent

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A great win with us continually improving.

Buku still not sure but earned his place today.

Lobb's second half outstanding. Will be going no where.

JUH kept up the effort and it clicked. 22 and missed a crucial year to covid. 2 years away from his best. Some of our supporters have been poor in their attitude to JUH.

Still don't think we will play finals but we are very close

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zero team changes from this game( Except Jones and Naughty once they inevitably return. I always thought the biggest hurdle this squad faced was chemistry, we need to field a consistent squad to start building some chemistry.

Do wonders for our depth.

P.S Good to finally be here after years of nagging from fellow nuffies.
Emotion Greeting GIF by echilibrultau

Loved the JUH comeback after Weitering’s early work. Weitering is the best big defender in the game (and by some margin imo)….I give up if you can’t gain confidence after that sort of game.

Dale BOG. Was the most dangerous player on the field. Bramble’s game a fair bit underrated too and hats off to Lobb for fighting back. All defenders get goals kicked on them, especially Coleman Medal winners. It’s then whether you fight from there or give up. That game gave me more confidence in him than any other down back.

Buku good 1st half then swapped form with Lobb. His positioning was shot, albeit asked to do a role that’s tough.

English much better. He’s such a strange proposition. As a footballer, he’s the best that plays ruck in the comp, but is in the bottom few as a pure ruck. If he gets a guy that doesn’t physically beat him early, then he’s another mid (effectively).

Still think he could be our Blicavs and a 2.0 version of that player.

VDM is such an almost player. Never seen a battler get into so many good positions. If he only fumbled half as much, he’d be a weapon when you add his pace and pressure.

Rhylee West is nearly an A Grader. So happy for him after being forced to work (probably a bit too much) early

Also, that was the best Libba has looked by a mile since his return. Lacked touch over the last few weeks.

Unrelated to our team, but why did Saad keep going to his right side and boundary side all night? Just stood out as bizarre.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back