Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

I transferred my two seats to another Bulldog as we had seats on level 2.

I fly out on Monday overseas for six weeks, and if we don’t make finals I won’t get to another game this year. I didn’t want to go, I gave us a snowball in hell chance of a win, but I was so pleased I did, great game.

Carlton supporters were loud in the beginning it soon shut up. Every time Buku got the ball there was an audible groan, so I thought he played well.

An interesting stat, we averaged 25 years, Carlton 26.

Naughton, Darcy and Marra are going to be some force in the years to come.

Smokin Joel Freijah - so composed for a young lad

I don’t care what the naysayers say, this team is going places…might not be this year but look out
Have unearthed a few new pieces in Freijah and Gags. Still some growth in our KPF stocks. Sanders will grow with more games. Kept hold of Buss to help shore up our KPD long term. Croft developing.
Another preseason into the younger brigade and more experience on board. Anything could be possible. Lobb may have found a new spot as a KPD he has done ok for such limited experience.
Onwards and hopefully upwards 🙏

That was an impressive win.

Poulter should be our winger ahead of Gallagher. Played really well.

Marra was special. Big game player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Poulter held his width and didn't get sucked into the contest. So was often there for the outlet kick. Was quite noticeable in the last quarter particularly

Like it has been said before Jamarra needed that and so did we. He got his bike and worked his backside off combined with so his brilliant moments. I thought we could not win with3 our best 5 palyers out. We gave everything will be tough to produce another effort like that next week but we probably need it to win at gthe cattery..

The weird thing is we get Astro back but our forward line seems to operate better with 2 talls. Over to you Bevo to work it out.
Play Astro on Cameron and leave Jamarra and Darcy up front with Weightman and West. I am not necessarily saying Naughton needs to play in defence all the time but we have no matchup for him otherwise.

Khamis is too small, Lobb is not agile enough. Naughton is similar size and good at ground level as well. I think it would be a good matchup. Naughton would have him in the air, I’m sure Cameron would try to run him around but Astro is no slouch like that himself.

It makes no sense to use either Khamis or Lobb in that role. If I remember correctly when we played them in Adelaide Khamis played on him and got killed, it was literally the reason we lost that game, because other than that we outplayed them, especially in the midfield.

The only change we could justify, if we were to recall O'Donnell. Would be dropping Coffield, a horrendous disservice in my opinion. He had some shining moments tonight and played his role of pack fodder perfectly. Give the man at least until next week before bringing the hammer down.

Let's see if this kid can get back to his 2020 form.
He isn’t a bad kick, just had an absolute mare of a night.

I would not say JOD is an automatic inclusion anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long day, haven't had a chance to post since my VLine adventure. Rapt to be there, while we actually seemed outnumbered in the overall crowd, after 1/4 time the vibe in the crowd was positive all game.

Not that we played badly in Q1, but gee 0.7 looked like we'd blown any chance of scoreboard pressure.

It really was a team effort, tackling and intent looked on from the first bounce, English (while a few bizarre handballs that should have been kicks) actually used his reach, weight and strength(!) in tackles.

Great to see both English and JUH play well, hopefully they can bring that consistently. The passage where Jamarra tackled an opponent (almost pile drove him) then immediately smothered was great work.

The centre bounce where Cripps got tackled and dropped it but no free, then almost a split second later Bont got tackled and a free paid is why umpires deservedly cop all the vitriol that comes their way. The same circumstance within seconds, 2 different decisions.

Anyway, a great night for Bevo, sent out an inspired and committee team, even with Treloar a late out. Lobb and Buku did well - start of the year no one was considering either as KPDs, yet here we were.

Great effort on field and in the box, all should be proud, and rightly lauded.

Woof, woof, f***ing WOOF!!! 🔴⚪🔵

Voss made a comment in his presser that (I think) Weitering got hit in the back illegally a few times without reward but didn't expand.

Need to watch the replay I didn't notice anything.

He did at least once by Weightman and was sore, but he was also paid a free kick for it.

Otherwise it’s just an excuse that we turned it around to make him accountable and stopped kicking it right to him.

I know Mcneil ****ed the shot from 15m out late but he was pretty good tonight. If he had an output like this often he would be off the rookie list.
Correct. McNeill is one of my most frustrating whipping boys on our list. He will break his hoodoo on his 50th game. Till then, he is one of my whipping boys.

Honestly how did McNeil miss that shot in the last 5 mns from 10m out? Lolz

Other than that he actually did some good things believe it or not

I tell you what doesn’t make sense. Most of our shit supporters bagging how players constantly. Aussie rules is a tough game at any level. Even tougher at AFL level. The competition has never been tighter and the speed of the game never been faster.
Support players that’s your job not to criticise and bag. Especially some younger players.
Marra brilliant today, McNeil had some great moments. English also solid as usual.
Buku had some great moments against arguably the best player in the comp. Definitely the best fwd. yes Curnow missed some chances but so did we as a team.
Lobby is also growing in confidence and will be a solid defender going fwd.
We have a solid team and we have gone through some transition. Be patient and supportive. End of the day it’s just a game.
Go doggies ❤️🤍💙
You are a disgrace. You are not allowed to be positive in this thread. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUNG PEOPLE NOWADAYS!!!

OK only joking. I was totally thinking of leaving by half time. but that second quarter 7 goal game was absolute brilliance. We have a good team, but we lack consistency. The reason for the inconsistency is injuries to key players and a very tough competition with a tough draw imo. If we make the 8, we will be hard to beat if we don't have injuries.

I transferred my two seats to another Bulldog as we had seats on level 2.

I fly out on Monday overseas for six weeks, and if we don’t make finals I won’t get to another game this year. I didn’t want to go, I gave us a snowball in hell chance of a win, but I was so pleased I did, great game.

Carlton supporters were loud in the beginning it soon shut up. Every time Buku got the ball there was an audible groan, so I thought he played well.

An interesting stat, we averaged 25 years, Carlton 26.

Naughton, Darcy and Marra are going to be some force in the years to come.
Happy Trails DrB

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back