Bulldogs or Hawks, who is better in 2024 and more of a premiership threat?

Bulldogs or Hawks

• Bulldogs

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • Hawks

Votes: 62 38.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather play Bris at the gabba than the Dogs at the G.
Of the likely options my preference would be first Carlton, then Brisbane at the Gabba then Freo at the G then lastly the Dogs

Would rather play Bris at the gabba than the Dogs at the G.
Hell no,
If I were a Hawks fan, I would prefer to face the dogs than Lions, who are way more dangerous at the gabba than Dogs at the G. Dogs at Marvel are one of the best teams in the comp, but Hawks and Dogs at G would land a great chance to get the win.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

My gut says the Dogs have the maturity over the young Hawks and in a big game are more likely to settle better. I think we’d struggle with the Dogs fowards marking also. But- being on the MCG I can envision the Hawks rising to the occasion with a bit of magic on a sunny day.

My gut says the Dogs have the maturity over the young Hawks and in a big game are more likely to settle better. I think we’d struggle with the Dogs fowards marking also. But- being on the MCG I can envision the Hawks rising to the occasion with a bit of magic on a sunny day.
Sadly finals are rarely during the day, we might be lucky to get the twilight Saturday game but a big MCG is likely played at night

Hell no,
If I were a Hawks fan, I would prefer to face the dogs than Lions, who are way more dangerous at the gabba than Dogs at the G. Dogs at Marvel are one of the best teams in the comp, but Hawks and Dogs at G would land a great chance to get the win.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
i like ur opinion but i think lions at g is easier for the hawks than dogs at g

If the Bulldogs make it (which is still a big if), it’s a shame that we’ll likely play the Hawks in an EF. Would be fun to see both sides making the PF losers sweat in SFs.
I hope the ladder falls in such a way that both Dogs and Hawks make it to finals but avoid each other all the way through and end up meeting in the GF:

1724130353810.png

I hope the ladder falls in such a way that both Dogs and Hawks make it to finals but avoid each other all the way through and end up meeting in the GF:

View attachment 2085588

This would require us losing to GWS on Sunday then having to sweat out the Freo v Port game. Already had to do that once when we relied on Carlton’s epic choke in 2022 to make finals. Not sure my heart is ready for that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would require us losing to GWS on Sunday then having to sweat out the Freo v Port game. Already had to do that once when we relied on Carlton’s epic choke in 2022 to make finals. Not sure my heart is ready for that again.

Fair.

Hawks v Dogs should be a marquee final for the next few years, though.

Short answer: Hawthorn - they're practically certain to make finals; Dogs could quite easily still miss.

Longer answer: I think the Hawks have steadily become one of the most bankable teams, they take care of business, winning games they should win or could win. I'm honestly still not sure how that translates to the likely two interstate wins they'd need to get against top four opposition in form, close results against GWS and Port notwithstanding.

With recent wins like Sydney in Sydney and Geelong in Geelong, the Dogs have shown a ceiling that many people have always suspected that they have: they can go to unfriendly territory and give top four opposition a decent old touch up. Of course we saw the flipside to that in Adelaide two games ago. But still, the Bulldogs are more dangerous to me, because they can show up against anyone, anywhere and thump their opponent.

Short answer: Hawthorn - they're practically certain to make finals; Dogs could quite easily still miss.

Longer answer: I think the Hawks have steadily become one of the most bankable teams, they take care of business, winning games they should win or could win. I'm honestly still not sure how that translates to the likely two interstate wins they'd need to get against top four opposition in form, close results against GWS and Port notwithstanding.

With recent wins like Sydney in Sydney and Geelong in Geelong, the Dogs have shown a ceiling that many people have always suspected that they have: they can go to unfriendly territory and give top four opposition a decent old touch up. Of course we saw the flipside to that in Adelaide two games ago. But still, the Bulldogs are more dangerous to me, because they can show up against anyone, anywhere and thump their opponent.
Might only be 1

If favorites win with expected margins then Geelong will finish 3rd and face Port over there (unless you belt West Coast by enough to take second). That means the winner of Dogs/Hawks could play the Cats at the G in a semi final. Winner to face likely Sydney at the SCG in a prelim

I imagine Geelong/Sydney would like to see the Dogs gone early

Yes and no. I think through Rd 20 we had the hardest or second hardest fixture for the season based on opponent ladder position. We played Sydney, GWS, Geelong, Fremantle and Melbourne twice.
I guess Adelaide at home are no easy beats, and the inaccuracy was going to cost them sooner or later. Hopefully it doesn't from how on.

Just the fact they're there year after year after year. It gets old.
Fair enough. Yeah it is a little embarrassing, as it feels like a transition year for the Cats and we've had a poor season. Footscray, Brisbane, Fremantle and Carlton were simply so determined to throw away a golden chance for top 4 this season. It isn't beyond Geelong to find a way to lose this weekend, but otherwise it's simply a massive missed opportunity by those clubs to get the double chance.

Fair enough. Yeah it is a little embarrassing, as it feels like a transition year for the Cats and we've had a poor season. Footscray, Brisbane, Fremantle and Carlton were simply so determined to throw away a golden chance for top 4 this season. It isn't beyond Geelong to find a way to lose this weekend, but otherwise it's simply a massive missed opportunity by those clubs to get the double chance.
Yeah it feels like if Geelong somehow won it, they would have been incredibly lucky, and the best side didn't win. Like it is more due to other sides losing it due to inconsistency due to Geelong winning it. A team that was smashed by the Bulldogs at their fortress and looked hapless in the last quarter against the Saints. But fair play to Chris Scott and the boys, they just never go away. For various reasons Geelong and Sydney haven't bottomed out this century, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yeah it feels like if Geelong somehow won it, they would have been incredibly lucky, and the best side didn't win. Like it is more due to other sides losing it due to inconsistency due to Geelong winning it. A team that was smashed by the Bulldogs at their fortress and looked hapless in the last quarter against the Saints. But fair play to Chris Scott and the boys, they just never go away. For various reasons Geelong and Sydney haven't bottomed out this century, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I understand your angle but ultimately no side that misses the top 4 can claim to be the best side unless they redeem themselves by winning 4 finals on the trot.

As for the other sides in the top 4, disposing of Geelong should be a fairly simple task and between them they will have multiple shots to get it done. If they somehow fail under finals pressure, they also couldn't really claim to be the best side in it.

Having said all that, IF Geelong somehow saluted I would see it as similar to Adelaide's flags '97/'98. Peaking at the right time while others choke, in years where the top few contenders weren't incredibly strong. It's one of those open years where an Adelaide '97 or Bulldogs '16 result could occur (but still likely won't).

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs or Hawks, who is better in 2024 and more of a premiership threat?

Back