Bulldogs VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside Goss

Cancelled
Jun 7, 2007
Brighton
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bulldogs Reserves 2008; Word is they will be pushing for Part Alignment with both Weribee and Williamstown after not being happy about some of their players playing VFL 2's during the year.
Could be a battle with the Roos to get the Willi side of things.

Bulldogs Reserves 2008; Word is they will be pushing for Part Alignment with both Weribee and Williamstown after not being happy about some of their players playing VFL 2's during the year.

This is the exact alignment we weren't happy with a few years ago, I can't imagine we'd go back to that situation.

I believe the thinking is that having two part alignments will allow the club to expose more blokes in the VFL seniors.

Going to be an interesting 2008 with Sydney and Collingwood re-entering the competition.

Will be a kick in the guts for the traditional VFL sides but we need out stand alone club. Look at Geelong. You ould even look at Collingwood as they run Williamstown

I would suggest that quality of Werribee's Bulldogs contingent hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire. Werribee's performance this year can't be tied down to the VFL listed players.

Interesting to see if this possible alignment with Williamstown goes through.

I would suggest that quality of Werribee's Bulldogs contingent hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire. Werribee's performance this year can't be tied down to the VFL listed players.

I think one of the reasons Werribee has struggled this year is because they lost Allen, Hassan, Robertson and Sleeman. Werribee's non-AFL listed players were just about the worst group in the VFL.

I think one of the reasons Werribee has struggled this year is because they lost Allen, Hassan, Robertson and Sleeman. Werribee's non-AFL listed players were just about the worst group in the VFL.

Where did Allen go? SANFL? We used to play junior footy together and i was tracking him closely when he was on the Cats rookie list.

North Adelaide, playing under Andrew Jarman.

http://www.nafc.com.au/news/p627.aspx

What a gun, best player i've played with or against(maybe Goddard was better). I was hoping the doggies would pick him up. Actually why don't we get him next year. The kids a freak. He was delisted from the Geelong rookie list because it was the year back from his knee re-con.

He was training with the doggies during pre-season! We should have snapped him up. Hard working inside midfielder, ready made, anyone got Claytons phone number?

(while your at it, go to the North Adelaide football club website and have a look at how massive all there players are...they would beat the doggies in one on ones)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard today from a very good source that the Dogs will solely be aligned with Williamstown next year and will no longer be associated with the Bees

Was that source Phil Cleary? As he said as much during his half time analysis of todays Geelong v Ballarat game on the ABC.

I'd like to see them standalone like Geelong if at all possible. Is finances an issue or is it more the lack of playing staff currently around?

The AFL will withdraw the competitive balance funding (or whatever its called now) if we try to field a stand-alone side.
Really? Crikey.

Do the AFL feel that a VFL team would act as a 2nd revenue stream therefore negating the need of CBF, or that the fact that if the team can afford a VFL team it pretty much indicate the CBF is unnecessary (in the AFL's opinion)?

I would have thought a standalone team would be actively encouraged by the AFL?

I agree that we lost a lot of talent this year through Hassan, Allan, Robbo etc. and I had totally forgotten about Sleeman. I'd be disappointed if we weren't alligned with Werribee anymore, I've been going for Werribee well before the Dogs were with them and it's been perfect since they have, but obviously hasn't been perfect as far as the Dogs are concerned, I guess I'm up for any switch that benefits our players...I'll just have to go for 2 teams. I also heard during the VFL telecast that it will be solely with Williamstown, not at all with Werribee, though I can see the benefits from an allignment with both and think we should maybe try with that.

I hope the Doggies dump the Werribee alignment, and hook up with the Mighty Seagulls. I will be able to proudly follow my beloved boys from Dog Town* again!!!!

(* For those that don't know, the suburb of Williamstown's nickname used to be Dog Town, so the Western Bulldogs and Williamstown Seagulls are a perfect match :D)

Excellent news! Much easier to get to the Willi ground than Werribee. Used to support Williamstown before their alignment with the Pies and ours with Werribee.

Hopefully our partnership with the Seagulls will be as good as the Pies experience.
The first item on the agenda should be to remove that horrid club song though!!

So happy the Willy - Mugpie alliance is over and I will be one excited boy if the Dogs - Willy alliance gets up. It will make it even tougher for a Borough supporter like you though OS to watch Dogs players going around in the Blue and Gold.

BTW, good luck to Port reserves in the Granny next week, they were far too good for my mob yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back