Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially in a draft which most experts say dont go past 25-30

BTW which M.Williams is in the States Coach or Player

Choco is in the states. Probably a good thing to keep him away from going for short term fixes given his 2 year contract.

5AA are saying we get 9 & 10, Williams to Essendon but not the side stuff. There is a fair bit of difference in the two scenarios.
This has just been mentioned again.

Should be announced on Fiveaa before 7pm they hope.

White has suggested that it might be:

Burgoyne to Hawks, 9 & 16 to Port, Williams and our pick 24 to Essendon.

Essendon win big on this one so I wonder if Nash might end up involved as well?

Id take that, id be happy with 3 first round picks.

Not that I want him, but if anywhere, Nash should be going to us. Burgoyne for picks 9, 16 & Nash goes way beyond excessive, it is a laughable suggestion.

picks 8, 9 & 10 in the one draft would be an incredible outcome. I cant see it happening that way though.

I reckon somebody wrote 16 poorly and it looks like a 10.

Nash would have barely and trade value though, the trade would act simply as a facility to have him move clubs.

Re: Reports Shaun deal done

I think it is picks 9 and 16 or even 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't be pick 10... hopefully it's 16. Three top 16 picks in any draft is pretty tasty.

The only way it could be pick 10 is if we give up another player (say Ebert) to go to Essendon.

Hence:

Port get: Picks 9 & 10

Hawks get: Shaun Burgoyne

Essendon get: Williams, Ebert

The Mark Williams for Pick 10 thing is false. Essendon wouldn't give pick 10 for him, and we wouldn't give 9 + 10 for Burgoyne.

A poster on our board who claims to know MW (and his reccord on MW indicates that he is legit) is saying that it's a done deal that Williams will play for Essendon next year. Details are unknown, however. MW is probably worth about pick 20 - 25, so pick 16 is a bit over the odds, and 26 is a bit under.

I am pretty confident that a deal will be done tomorrow. I'm not at all sure on the details, however.

Edit: something like in the post directly above mine is quite possible.

The only way it could be pick 10 is if we give up another player (say Ebert) to go to Essendon.

Hence:

Port get: Picks 9 & 10

Hawks get: Shaun Burgoyne

Essendon get: Williams, Ebert
I like your thinking.

Dno if it'll be Ebert but another player or draft pick could seal the deal!

If Rohde pulls off 9 & 10 then it would be a bigger christmas miracle than Home Alone I & II.

it is definitely pick 16

Essendon pick 16, however gain Williams and pick 24 from the hawks

Port get pick 9 and 16 from the Hawks

Hawks get their man SB

Personally,at this stage i'd be just as happy to get nothing and let the POS go into the draft to be picked up by anyone but Hawthorn.

"27 and dodgy knees" is the popular call on the Hawthorn forum to justify their tight ass.Why go after the player at all if he's 27 with dodgy knees? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back