Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Reports Shaun deal done

its debatable if williams is worth pick 26 for mine.

If Essendon give up pick 26 + Jay Nash i'd be expecting more than just Mark Williams. Perhaps an upgrade from pick 10 to 8. That way Port would then have picks 9,10 going after Essendon at pick 8 and perhaps draft pick 40. I think that would be fairer from an Essendon point of view.

I think Hawthorn probably need to throw another draft pick or player into the mix to make it fairer on Port Adeliade. Perhaps Josh Kennedy or a draft choice obtained by trading him (say 3rd round pick from sydney).

That would see Port receive pick 9, 10, 26, Jay Nash and pick 38 whilst losing Shaun Burgoyne, pick 8, pick 40.

For Hawthorn they would receive Shaun Burgoyne at the cost of pick 9, Mark Williams, Josh Kennedy.

I think thats more reasonable.

its debatable if williams is worth pick 26 for mine.

If Essendon give up pick 26 + Jay Nash i'd be expecting more than just Mark Williams. Perhaps an upgrade from pick 10 to 8. That way Port would then have picks 9,10 going after Essendon at pick 8 and perhaps draft pick 40. I think that would be fairer from an Essendon point of view.

I think Hawthorn probably need to throw another draft pick or player into the mix to make it fairer on Port Adeliade. Perhaps Josh Kennedy or a draft choice obtained by trading him (say 3rd round pick from sydney).

That would see Port receive pick 9, 10, 26, Jay Nash and pick 38 whilst losing Shaun Burgoyne, pick 8, pick 40.

For Hawthorn they would receive Shaun Burgoyne at the cost of pick 9, Mark Williams, Josh Kennedy.

I think thats more reasonable.

There is no way that the Hawks would accept that

it is definitely pick 16

Essendon pick 16, however gain Williams and pick 24 from the hawks

Port get pick 9 and 16 from the Hawks

Hawks get their man SB
Don't post as if you know whats happening when you aren't 100% sure.

Hawthorn have traded their 2nd rounder, pick 25 as part of the Gibson deal. Unless you mean that we are giving pick 24 to the Hawks and forgot to mention it.

Rhodes on in 5 on 5AA.

it is definitely pick 16

Hawks get their man SB

this is incorrect - pick 24 belongs to port adelaide for starters. and hawthorns original 2nd round pick (25) has already been traded to north as part of the gibson deal.

it is definitely pick 16

Hawks get their man SB
Please stop posting dribble!
We dont have pick 24, how are we going to give that to Ess?

Rhode just said he hopes to have the paper work done tonight,

4 CLUBS INVOLVED (My guess Ess/Syd/Port/Haw)

can't release details until paperwork is done (AFL mediator was brought in, so Rhode can't release details)

We end up with pick 9, pick 16.

There will be other bits and pieces to finalise. It's in mediation so Rohde could not confirm anything but the basics due to confidentiality requirements.

Port are philosophically opposed to simple trades.

Rohde on AA - we get picks 9 and 16, 4 clubs involved

See title.

The bones of the trade is as has been discussed...

Port get: 9 and 16
Essendon get: Mark Williams
Hawthorn get: Shaun Burgoyne

Seems like a fair bit more will be added in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically 9 & 16, but 4 clubs are involved, in mediation at the moment bound by confidentiality and can't say any more.

Sounds like a fair bit more paper work involved before this is over the line.

Man how fast are you guys, this was up before I heard it lol

9 and 16, I can accept that as a supporter, 9 and 10 would have been great, perhaps we will on trade 9 and 16 for pick 5,6,or 7 perhaps? Don't know if we need another 3 juniors, two higher picks would be handyier

Re: Rohde on AA - we get picks 9 and 16, 4 clubs involved

Was it done during the day, or is it to be done tomorrow?
Paper work to be finalized tonight/tomorrow.

Does this mean the hawthorn board will go into meltdown?

Pick 9 take it or leave it - **** that. 9 & 16 thank you.

Surely Rohde deserves some credit for getting the deal done amongst all the negative press and talk of Port losing Shaun for nothing.

Does this mean the hawthorn board will go into meltdown?

Pick 9 take it or leave it - **** that. 9 & 16 thank you.

Surely Rohde deserves some credit for getting the deal done amongst all the negative press and talk of Port losing Shaun for nothing.
haha :thumbsu:

Totally agree about Rohde, seems to have done a great job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back