Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Choco in the US? I thought Brown was the one in the US?

Seems odd that Mark would go overseas during trade week.

I love it how people are saying Burgoyne is only worth pick 9 + a fringe player when Hawthorn were prepared to offer pick 9 + Campbell Brown.

Are they calling Brown a fringe player or can they not interpret the value their own club has put on Burgoyne?

I love it how people are saying Burgoyne is only worth pick 9 + a fringe player when Hawthorn were prepared to offer pick 9 + Campbell Brown.

Are they calling Brown a fringe player or can they not interpret the value their own club has put on Burgoyne?

Mclean for pick 11, Joly for pick 14 and 46? Burger for 9 and 16 looks about right.

What about this trade that I put on the drafts and trading board?

Port:
Lose- Burgoyne, pick 8
Gain- Pick 9, 10 and 16

Hawthorn
Lose- Pick 9 and Williams
Gain- Burgoyne

Essendon;
Lose- pick 10 and 16
Gain- pick 8 and Williams.

Thoughts?

that would be perfect..will essendon agree to it though?...maybe we should send you to do the negotiation!!!

that would be perfect..will essendon agree to it though?...maybe we should send you to do the negotiation!!!

So why are we giving up the best player and our first pick? Don't like myself, but perhaps I am one of the only people who think Burger is worth something decent!

Pick 9 and 16 would do.

Pick 9 + Dowler and Kennedy sure.

Reference Mclean no burger pick 11, Jolly pick 14 and 38, Lovett pick 16!

LOL...Hawthorn are nowhere near their salary cap limit

Crawford left & was replaced by a junior & he wasn't on the veterans list, Dew has retired, Boyle has retired & Campbell has retired...and we paid only 92.5% of our cap last year!!

Which year is last year 2008 or 2009? You have seen your 2009 accounts have you? So you know what you have paid before the figures are released? Good access to the numbers? How many veterans did you have in 2009? None.

That being said, I am relatively confident that Shaun would make it through to Hawthorn's pick, as I am confident that Hawthorn has at least $750K spare in it's salary cap.

Based on what? The salary cap in 2010 will be $7.95m. You really telling me that all your other salaries, inside the cap components will be only $7.20m in 2010?? Really with no veterans on your list and all those premiership players that are so valuable that you aren't getting rid of, who would be into 2nd and 3rd year of their contracts with decent annual increases?

Based on what? The salary cap in 2010 will be $7.95m. You really telling me that all your other salaries, inside the cap components will be only $7.20m in 2010?? Really with no veterans on your list and all those premiership players that are so valuable that you aren't getting rid of, who would be into 2nd and 3rd year of their contracts with decent annual increases?

We have actually been front loading our contracts, thats why we have the space now...... Robsons brilliant idea.
BTW Croad was on a massive salary over $400k, he has now been placed on a reduced contract and placed onto the veterans list.

Nothing brilliant about it if your stars feel they are under paid and expect plenty more in their new contracts and the big six to ten ones end the same year.

It didn't have anything to do with why your boys weren't as hungry this year as last year?

Is Choco in the US? I thought Brown was the one in the US?

Seems odd that Mark would go overseas during trade week.

I think it's probably for the best otherwise we would have already pissed away draft picks on players like Jordan Russell, Roger Hayden and Lindsay Thomas :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To clarify the cap situation.

From 2005 until 2007 we were well under 92.5%, but prepaid contracts to get us up to 92.5% (ie 2 yr 200+200 contracts, became 2yr 300+100 contracts, etc).

In 2007 we had the finals bonus payments (outside of normal cap somehow), but paid 92.5% (genuinely) and used the rest (7.5%) for prepayments.
In 2008, we were at 92.5% for the season, The balance (7.5%) was used in pre-payments for 2009 contracts.
In 2009 we were at 92.5% but winning the premiership included a bonus to all players (not sure if 22 or whole squad) which took us to 94%. The remaining 6% was used in prepayments.

I don't for a second believe we're 20% (2007+2008+2009 prepayments accumulated) under the cap, so I think we have 6% in room coming into 2010. From your figure of 7.95m, that's about 450k.

Croad has dropped from 400k to 100k (plus veteran if needed) = 750k.
Boyle retired = 900k
Dew retired = 1200k (you don't think he unretired for a rookie salary do you? - backended, like the man himself ;))
Campbell retired = 1500k

Gibson 300 = 1200k
Burgoyne 700 (ND) = 500k OR Burgoyne 450 (trade) = 750k
? = 0k

Jolly was just out of our range, in that he'd force us to lower Burgoyne's nominated salary, and we'd be forced to trade - i don't think we have enough carrots to land both in trade week.

As it is, we're comfortable with Burgoyne at 700 (or 800 if need be) for 1 yr. We'll then negotiate it so he gets 700/800 in year 1, and then 300 in years 2 and 3. (getting him his 450k per year average).

Sydney reportedly have cap room to accomodate Fev's salary - so if they don't land him (brisbane?) they could be a serious ND threat.

I wonder if Port have burnt too many bridges with SB though (and according to the conspiracy theorists belief played into Hawthorn's hands) and he'll go to ND.

SEN are reporting;

HAWTHORN
In: Shaun Burgoyne
Out: Pick 9, Mark Williams

PORT ADELAIDE
In: Pick 9, Pick 26
Out: Shaun Burgoyne

ESSENDON
In: Mark Williams
Out: Pick 26

I would prefer Pick 9 + Dowler.

50/50 if we would accept the above or not.

I would suggest if we dont, we will try and trade with someone else rather than the Hawks.

I think thats probably as good as its gonna get...I cant see Essendon handing over pick 16 for him.....although I still cant believe they got 16 for Lovett!!!
16 for the Saints would have been a Good/Average Player in the Draft, who would need a couple of years. The Saints have an opportunity to snag a Premiership or two over the next few years, so they want players who can come in and make an impact straight away.

16 Probably didnt mean that much to them

SEN are reporting;

HAWTHORN

PORT ADELAIDE

ESSENDON

**** that. Can we piss Essendon off and at least get Josh Kennedy or someone back into the mix, it's still an ass-reaming but at least it's less of an ass-reaming.

SEN are reporting;

HAWTHORN

PORT ADELAIDE

ESSENDON

Hawthorn over-paying a bit there, Port and Ess both get overs.= IMO

Ess 10 and 16 for 8 and Williams
Haw 9 and Williams for Burgoyne and 24
Port Burgoyne, 8 and 24 for 9, 10 and 16.

SEN believes the deal will be done by lunchtime.....let the countdown begin!!
I hope so, surely there are other players our clubs want to chase...
Really, I think we have finished pushing and just want this out of the way. But it depends on how long Hawthorn want to drag it out for, as the longer it takes to settle on a deal, the less we will get in return.

seriously, **** hawthorn. Trade with Essendon or let that prick go to melbourne and stay wooden spooners for another 5 years. I'd rather get nothing then get bent over by any club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne nominates Hawthorn? (part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back