Analysis Bye Time - The Run Home Special

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be nice if Brisbane could get on a bit of a run, play saints and Port next two weeks, then play saints again and pies before the end of the year.

I'd be careful what you wish for. Win those 4 games, and with their other games (they would be favourite in most) they will be coming for our finals spot.

I'd be careful what you wish for. Win those 4 games, and with their other games (they would be favourite in most) they will be coming for our finals spot.
I don't want us to make finals because everyone else is ****. I want to get in because we deserved it.

Let's go Lions!

Am I the only one that gets bad juju from threads like this? Seasons still young, just enjoy the ride ffs, let things fall where they may
100%

I've basically resigned myself to Freo taking a pounding from the Dogs this week as a result of all these threads.

Normal is 22 games per year, 23 rounds with a bye

This year;
23 rounds + Opening Round + Gather Round (25 rounds)
  • Minus 1 normal bye, 1 opening round bye
  • Which is the usual 22 games + Gather Round
Of the 22 half are home games (11), then Gather Round is in Adelaide and surrounds.

TLDR; nope 11 home games for us
The gather round game was designated as our “home” game so we have 12 home games (11 at Optus, one AO). Some people seem to think we have been robbed of a home game at Optus by gather round, but we haven’t, we still get 12 games at Optus like we always have (11 home. 1 away against WC)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't want to play Carlton in the grand final. That will be the sweetest victory but the reality is that the AFL want them to win way, way more.

It will be 24-6 free kicks to them with all of their kicks being forward of centre and all six of ours in the last quarter in the back pocket.

The gather round game was designated as our “home” game so we have 12 home games (11 at Optus, one AO). Some people seem to think we have been robbed of a home game at Optus by gather round, but we haven’t, we still get 12 games at Optus like we always have (11 home. 1 away against WC)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The SA teams had a genuine 12 home games.

I mean if you want to count what it says in the AFL app that's great, not sure we even got any control over what happened at Adelaide Oval though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will beat sydney in the gf, the stars are aligning for this to happen as soon as this year.

I had a vision of this early 2014, not knowing it was to take place so far in the future. There were also multiple reddit posts in early 2022 wherein the posters had prophetic dreams about us playing Sydney in a close grand final.

I recall taberner will play and kick and important late goal

Couldn’t think of anything worse.

I don’t think I can bear a repeat of 2013 umpiring vs a team AFL have been willing to win for years. Call me a tin foil hat wearer but they have form with Carlton, especially against us.

Also, can we just focus on winning one game at a time? Threads like this makes my superstitious heart nervous.

The SA teams had a genuine 12 home games.

I mean if you want to count what it says in the AFL app that's great, not sure we even got any control over what happened at Adelaide Oval though.
Why we bothered by what SA teams got? 12 home games? Let’s complain about Collingwood, Carlton Essendon getting what 15-18 MCG games.

Why we bothered by what SA teams got? 12 home games? Let’s complain about Collingwood, Carlton Essendon getting what 15-18 MCG games.
there's not a lot we can do about that, but there needs to be a solution for Freo and WCE to have more games at Optus - instead we just get to travel more and have short breaks between matches.

check out some hotels when you are over there, and case some pubs for the GF eve party ha ha
A mate told me to check out the Young and Jackson hotel I think it was called ?

Big old 3 storey pub with the exposed pipework from back in the day

Reckons that’s the place to go on footy days

Is there a regular Freo pre/post game haunt that any Melbourne based supporters can recommend?

A mate told me to check out the Young and Jackson hotel I think it was called ?

Big old 3 storey pub with the exposed pipework from back in the day

Reckons that’s the place to go on footy days

Is there a regular Freo pre/post game haunt that any Melbourne based supporters can recommend?
Yes, the Young and Jackson is a pretty cool pub

Make sure you visit Chloe :)

Found a lot of Freo supporters at The Imperial when we beat Melbourne last year. The Duke of Wellington was pretty much a Freo pub during the 2013 GF.

Trying to remember the name of the pub we all met at the night before the 2013 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Bye Time - The Run Home Special

Remove this Banner Ad

Back