C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
eddiesmith said:
Just wondering if Ajax or the Reds have any big dominating forwards that make life easy for the goal umpire? :)

If I'm playing, there are no dominating forwards in any team!!!

Scribe said:
Alphonse,

He led me a merry dance in A grade almost 10 years ago, and doesn't seem to have slipped much in his 'golden years' - certainly a worthy NOBSPC inclusion.

PS - any sign of Tony M over your way? Or has he found a hidey hole somewhere in the Mediterranean?

Scribe what are you going on about, Sleepo has never played A grade...Lift your game

Grandstand Guru said:
For me:

Parkdale to win. No Loats, No OC, no matter what anyone else tries to say

Jackas. In too good form to lose to the Reds who are still not convincing.

St Bede's. Easy. Boundy irrelevant.

NOBs. Chance to jump from the relegation zone too alluring.

Monash. Last chance for you Students.

Agree wth your tips Guru, the one that might be a bit sus is Parkdale, heard they have lost 5 players due to injury and suspension and have little depth, although the 2s showed a big improvement last week.

Hey Juicy get your hand off it, anyone who knows you knows your soft. A bit of a love tap in the back of your head and you would be gone for the day, to bad most forwards are even softer than you.

The Roy has noticed some storm clouds brewing - rain is approaching and is expected for tomorrow. Roy predicts the mighty tigers may be a little similar to the magpies last week, a slick unit in the dry but not too fond of the wet. Have you ever seen a cat regardless of size that enjoys the wet........

Parade are built for the wet, big bodied and not real quick, pefect match-up for the tiges.

This is the gospel according to Roy.

greentree said:
Agree wth your tips Guru, the one that might be a bit sus is Parkdale, heard they have lost 5 players due to injury and suspension and have little depth, although the 2s showed a big improvement last week.

Hey Juicy get your hand off it, anyone who knows you knows your soft. A bit of a love tap in the back of your head and you would be gone for the day, to bad most forwards are even softer than you.

Another tough round looming with a few that could go either way.
Reds to smash Ajax at Brunswick street, Monash are in trouble and will fall to the monders. Roy, give us a break. Tigers will smash Parade. Parkdale just but it depends on their so called "outs"-are they anyone significant?

Hampton to get over Nobs who have had their time in the sun.

Red Roy said:
The Roy has noticed some storm clouds brewing - rain is approaching and is expected for tomorrow. Roy predicts the mighty tigers may be a little similar to the magpies last week, a slick unit in the dry but not too fond of the wet. Have you ever seen a cat regardless of size that enjoys the wet........

Parade are built for the wet, big bodied and not real quick, pefect match-up for the tiges.

Roy you have never heard of a cat fish or a tiger shark? both these feline named animals thrive in the wet. The wetter the better.

Homer101 said:
Scribe what are you going on about, Sleepo has never played A grade...Lift your game

I stand corrected - now that you've made me think harder, it was a windy May afternoon at the Gillon in 1999....when both OT and NOBs were in B Grade.

Red Roy said:

ROY IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECT YOU HAVE A LION ON YOUR LOGO....HMMM INTERESTING!!!!

What a thriller at Brunswick St with the Reds a couple of points up when the siren went but the ball was in the hands of an Ajax player 20m out, directly in front who kicked the goal to win the game

Ajax burst out of the blocks and held the Reds to a point in the 1st qtr and lead by about 27 points, but Reds kicked 6 in the 2nd qtr to bring the game about level and it was 3 goals to one side, 3 to the other for the 2nd half and the Reds led by 21 points or so late in the last only to be run over

Great game of footy

Yep ripping game of Ammo footy from all accounts. What about other results???

Believe the Monders gave the Students a touch up. Monders off to a flyer in the 1st half and 6+ goals up before the Students got within a couple of goals at the final break, before the Monders won by 7 goals. Miller and Kelleher fantastic apparently....Students with a few injuries in the last month being punished now for the lack of depth reflected in their Magoos

eddiesmith said:
What a thriller at Brunswick St with the Reds a couple of points up when the siren went but the ball was in the hands of an Ajax player 20m out, directly in front who kicked the goal to win the game

Ajax burst out of the blocks and held the Reds to a point in the 1st qtr and lead by about 27 points, but Reds kicked 6 in the 2nd qtr to bring the game about level and it was 3 goals to one side, 3 to the other for the 2nd half and the Reds led by 21 points or so late in the last only to be run over

Great game of footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to all those who doubted the brilliance of the Sullivan boys - think again... they can play and showed it against OC!!!

Guru Joffa said:
And here comes the Vultures... Never, ever right them off!!!
When are you going to change your name from Vultures? When you think abiout it, it's terrible. Something with a bit of class would sound a lot better. Parky has a bit of history and local identity to it. Vultures..... they feed of the scraps.

Red Roy said:
Roy will also place his tips:

Nobs v rovers - Nobs - will the rovers stay for a drink - doesn't really matter because from my mail there are no Nobs people there after home games anyway!!! (relegation battle here - must win for both clubs)

This old timer witnessed a great game at the gillon with allot of intensity as both teams had allot to play for! Great to see the teams in having drink afterwards. Great for ammo footy! Well done both Hampton and the COBs

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Getting the tips in early this week

Parkdale vs OC - seems as though Loats is unlikely - Parky at home to win
Reds vs Ajax - must win at home for the Reds - maybe just
SBMT vs Paradians - Tigers comfortably (will they risk playing Boundy?)
COBS vs Rovers - NOBS at home by less than 10 points
Blues Students vs Ormond - Uni should have a few back but Ormond for me

No.8

Well just the 4/5 for the Bunnings employee and former VAFA coach with the Reds disappointing again costing me. Will be interested in Red Roy's spin on the weekend results - can he see the pattern clearly yet?

Relegation battle hotting up and teams from Reds down to Parade on the ladder are in the hot seat still...having said that think the following are up to their neck in it - Parade, Rovers, Old Camberwell.

RCT

I think I got two :( ... more like my usual form. Well the Reds definitely on the improve considering they got hammered by AJAX first time around. Still looking like a placing around the 4th or 5th mark at end of H&As. Obviously a lot of difference between 4th and 5th! Luckily though the home and away ratio has reversed for the return run, we won all home and lost all away in the first half, and are now winning the aways and losing the homes. This means we're gonnah own Tonga.

Don't knock the Vultures nickname, sound like a corker to me. Remember that some of the big nicks don't quite measure up technically either, how ferocious is a Swan, how optimistic a Blue? Cats? *reaches for you with clawed hand*

StBedes going nicely, AJAX starting to cement as #2. the rest still a raffle, with Parade and Rovers needing to start moving if they want to feel more secure.

Its pretty much time now, Hampton are only a game and % out of the 4, but if 7ish teams don't start solidifying their record from about ... err ... NOW, their chances will slip away.

GetSmart said:
When are you going to change your name from Vultures? When you think abiout it, it's terrible. Something with a bit of class would sound a lot better. Parky has a bit of history and local identity to it. Vultures..... they feed of the scraps.

You need to do what your name suggests. St Patricks mentone Vultures has quite a bit of history as well, would you rather the team be called the the Parkdale Budgies ( thats a nice pretty bird for you so you wont get scared )

On Parky, great win, bring on the REDS, and St Bedes still rolling along, Ormond shaping as likely finalist on good win on weekend and good game against Tigers.

The Vultures- EAT 'EM DEAD

An absolute towelling of OC, only a game out of the 4 and with even spread of goalkickers with

Michael Sullivan 13
Tony MacGeorge 14
Sam Hecker 13
Shane Rowley 13

which means not one player is the only option up forward and with skipper COREY STEPHENS back in 1 week, the mighty Vultures are BACK!

Grandstand Guru said:
Yep ripping game of Ammo footy from all accounts. What about other results???

Believe the Monders gave the Students a touch up. Monders off to a flyer in the 1st half and 6+ goals up before the Students got within a couple of goals at the final break, before the Monders won by 7 goals. Miller and Kelleher fantastic apparently....Students with a few injuries in the last month being punished now for the lack of depth reflected in their Magoos

That was correct Guru, Monash pegged the score back in the 3rd to about 14pts & got within 7 points in the last, before we hit back with the last 6 goals to run out comfortable winners

CFE said:
That was correct Guru, Monash pegged the score back in the 3rd to about 14pts & got within 7 points in the last, before we hit back with the last 6 goals to run out comfortable winners

Did you play CFE? What was the story in the end - did the Monders just steamroll and too good or did the Students fold? They have gone from 5-2 to 5-6 and in real strife!

greentree said:
You need to do what your name suggests. St Patricks mentone Vultures has quite a bit of history as well, would you rather the team be called the the Parkdale Budgies ( thats a nice pretty bird for you so you wont get scared )

On Parky, great win, bring on the REDS, and St Bedes still rolling along, Ormond shaping as likely finalist on good win on weekend and good game against Tigers.
Good to see you use the word Parky. Parky identifies better with where you guys are from. Like Beauy, Chelt, Mordi, Sandy, Port, etc. You could go on. Vultures doesn't tell those outside the comp who we are. You guys must be from the St Pats side as you are reluctant to use the name Parkdale. If you embrassed Parky a bit more you might get some of us back on board. You have been prepared to change your identity more than once so we should get over it and be who we are. We are no longer St Pats Mentone. Parky are doing pretty well and we could upset a few before the seasons out.

GetSmart said:
Good to see you use the word Parky. Parky identifies better with where you guys are from. Like Beauy, Chelt, Mordi, Sandy, Port, etc. You could go on. Vultures doesn't tell those outside the comp who we are. You guys must be from the St Pats side as you are reluctant to use the name Parkdale. If you embrassed Parky a bit more you might get some of us back on board. You have been prepared to change your identity more than once so we should get over it and be who we are. We are no longer St Pats Mentone. Parky are doing pretty well and we could upset a few before the seasons out.

From your reply I am struggling to see your point, I call them Parky or Parkdale and sometimes the Vultures, its no different that calling St Bedes, StBedes or the Tigers( which you will notice I did in may last post)

The club is "Parkdale Vultures" same as StBedes/Mentone Tigers same as the Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles, are you seeing a pattern here.
The Vultures is just the logo.
And as far as St Pats goes we were already in C grade and didnt really need to merge with Parkdale, We got a better ground and kept our team logo apart from that not much else, a couple of players (90% of Parkys ones went chasing $) and some of Parkys debt.
Parky got to keep a team in Parkdale.

Are you one of the ex players that went to "greener pastures"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back