Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a 18 year old winger... Theres legit no 18 year old wing players that come straight into a AFL system jacked. You focus on endurance as a wing position at the beginning.

Poulter has Good Endurance

Watching the VFL is the 1st Time I can see he Looks Very Tired.

Barley Touches the Ball and just seems to be no where near the Ball Most of the Time.

I still very Highly Rate Him but looks Done for the 2021 Season

Maybe he is not as good as we thought ?

Long season though..

Put him on ice

Well guess you could say that about lot of the Kids. They all been Hot and Cold.

He showed enough Class at AFL Level to show he has a Bright Future.

Does not have enough Size and Strength yet to have more of a Impact but after a Full Pre-Season or 2 that be better,

Poulter did play in a Pretty Bad VFL Side

Watching the VFL is the 1st Time I can see he Looks Very Tired.

Barley Touches the Ball and just seems to be no where near the Ball Most of the Time.

I still very Highly Rate Him but looks Done for the 2021 Season
Surely you wouldn't go so far as to say he is 'done for the season'?

Well guess you could say that about lot of the Kids. They all been Hot and Cold.

He showed enough Class at AFL Level to show he has a Bright Future.

Does not have enough Size and Strength yet to have more of a Impact but after a Full Pre-Season or 2 that be better,

Poulter did play in a Pretty Bad VFL Side
His your replacement for aish ey..??

For the record i don't mind him

CALEB POULTER (19 years old, 11 games)
In the absence of Tom Phillips, Poulter was thrust into a wing role throughout the middle part of the season.

His performances against the Power (22 disposals, 12 marks, 1 goal) and Crows (20 disposals, 10 marks, 1 goal) gave Pies fans a glimpse of his potential.

While the mulleted youngster has been out of the senior side in recent weeks, he has a good work ethic, according to Selwood.

Selwood says: “Any more relaxed and he’s laying down to be honest. At the same time he’s a really hard worker – as soon as he steps onto the field or training track he works his butt off. There was an opportunity there for him to come in and have an impact and play to his strengths … (We’re) looking forward to what he can do (and) probably putting on some size and getting more of an AFL body over the pre-season.”

Great to hear he has a Great Work Ethic that could turn him into a Gun once he get Bigger and Strong and more of a AFL Body in next few Seasons

Reaction to that:

(1) Caleb is a cool cat
(2) McCreery is an even cooler cat. Wouldn’t you love to know what beats he’s listening to?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on Poulter. That's a great, positive message to the fans. This is what we should be hearing from our leaders....

We’ll he’s contracted so has to return.

Reaction to that:

(1) Caleb is a cool cat
(2) McCreery is an even cooler cat. Wouldn’t you love to know what beats he’s listening to?
He’s listening to Farflung.

Leadership is leadership buddy.

But seriously it's a farken instagram post... why is this even a big thing lol

He took the Time to do it and I have not seen another player do it

and Good to hear a Interstate Kid is Loving at the Club

He took "Time" to do it.. it's legit one sentence.. come on man.
All the more reason to expect a few more similar comments from the senior players after their fans have endured two seasons where we have bought our memberships knowing we will probably see a handful of games at best. How hard would it be? Little actions like that mean a lot and endear players to the fan base. It's not nothing.

Decent showing from Caleb this year. Given his frame and size at start of the year I thought a handful of games later on to whet the appetite, might be it. So he exceeded those expectations. Hopefully he can add some size now, as I think he can become a very handy player for us

Leadership has been publicly proven to be lacking from the top down so yeah it's a big thing.

I do love it when people draw definitive conclusions from their interpretations of a few tiny snippets.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back