MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, he ****ed around and found out.,

He took a cowardly cheap shot and hit Hammer when he wasn't looking then dropped to his knees to what would have been a chest strike.

What does he expect?

If Hammer was the one who fell to the ground and was concussed this would be another story altogether only 10 x worse. I think Murphy needs to accept some responsibility for this.

I'm sure Hammer will get weeks and rightly so however Murphy needs to cop a fair whack as well.
Players often chest each other, all game long, but thankfully the majority manage to stop themselves from retaliating with a gutless Jim O’Dae cheap shot.

Murphy has got a week.

Players often chest each other, all game long, but thankfully the majority manage to stop themselves from retaliating with a gutless Jim O’Dae cheap shot.

Murphy has got a week.

But it wasn't a chest Murphy hit him in the face/neck when he wasn't looking.

They've saying now both will be reported so if that happens and they both get weeks then I guess that's fair

What is funny about concussing someone?
The funny part was him saying it will be 4 to 6 weeks and in the next breath saying “it’s hard to make out exactly what happened.”

You know, dishing out the punishment without being able to make out the actual crime.

The funny part was him saying it will be 4 to 6 weeks and in the next breath saying “it’s hard to make out exactly what happened.”

Not that hard to understand surely.
I don’t think that’s funny though. The 4-6 weeks is based on contact to the head that led to a concussion.

The follow up of “hard to make out exactly what happened” Is surely the reason why said poster had said it could be one of three potential lengths of suspension?

I don’t think that’s funny though. The 4-6 weeks is based on contact to the head that led to a concussion.

The follow up of “hard to make out exactly what happened” Is surely the reason why said poster had said it could be one of three potential lengths of suspension?
No, you’re reading too much into it.

Usually you figure out exactly what happened first….and then decide the penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was not quoted for anything to do with laughing at concussion. Really, dude.
I accept that and apologise for not reading it properly.

Regardless, it’s not really an outlandish way of thinking. The suspension should be 4-6 weeks and once we’re clearer on what actually happened, that can be narrowed down a little more.

Maybe Murphy should think twice before winding someone up if he has a glass chin
Yes anybody that uses regular tactics to get under the skin of their opponent should definitely expect (and bare some responsibility) for the concussion they receive when said opponent hits them in the head.

Brayshaw had it coming too. So did Brent Staker.

Instigators, both of them.

Callum Mills too. Clearly "found out" after elbowing Bugg.

Bugg was starting to play some real good footy before he KO’d Mills. Derailed his career in footy a bit, sounds like he’s doing ok now though.

Lol wtf? He did an open palm gentle hit to the chest, zero damage done, that happens literally a hundred times every game. Why shouldn't he carry on? Concussions are extremely ******* serious, especially with his history it could be career threatening. How do you STILL not understand this?
If Murphy doesn't want to get concussions maybe he shouldn't dog shot blokes from behind and then duck into their return punch? Only has himself to blame. ****ed around and found out.

Last edited:
Regardless of who instigated a strike is a strike and they'll be BOTH assessed. This **** around and find out statement people are saying as if its some poetic justice is cringe as ****.

Secondly when you elect to strike someone, which by definition can be a forearm or elbow (another mental hurdle people think somehow makes it okay) it does not matter one iota if Murphy was bent over backwards or upside down doing a handstand, he was struck in the head.

Its definitely a grey area when people are copping extra treatment but that is a separate issue that should be addressed

Well, he ****ed around and found out.,

He took a cowardly cheap shot and hit Hammer when he wasn't looking then dropped to his knees to what would have been a chest strike.

What does he expect?

If Hammer was the one who fell to the ground and was concussed this would be another story altogether only 10 x worse. I think Murphy needs to accept some responsibility for this.

I'm sure Hammer will get weeks and rightly so however Murphy needs to cop a fair whack as well.
What an absolutely moronic post.

MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back