Can Aaron Sandilands ever be captain of Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooper said:
yeah i agree also very good around the ground

As a light post. Yes. As a ruckman who gets murdered around the ground by other mobile ruckman because he is incapable of running and for someone of his size is also one of the worst marks in the AFL.... not to mention he has an inability to punch a ball in a ruck contest more than 2 metres....... add to that he taps to the opposition midfielders more than his own... and i reckon we have another great captain along the lines of Shaun McManus and Murray Rance :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandilands will be lucky to still be on the list in a couple of years. Proof that you need more than height to be a ruckman.

masai said:
Bookmarked.

He may get a lot of hitouts, but Prostats will tell you his overall effectiveness is ranked between McKernan & Knobel this year, around 20th among ruckmen in the AFL. With almost 2 full seasons under his belt, I'd be expecting more from a bloke 6 inches taller than most of his opposition.

Jabber said:
He may get a lot of hitouts, but Prostats will tell you his overall effectiveness is ranked between McKernan & Knobel this year, around 20th among ruckmen in the AFL. With almost 2 full seasons under his belt, I'd be expecting more from a bloke 6 inches taller than most of his opposition.

This is where stats can blur the picture.

How much game time has he had?.

Was Jeff White / Justin Madden starring at 21?.

I am not going to say he's going to be the best ruckman, but just remember, big boys take longer to mature. Having watched him regularly (contrary to alot of Bigfooty "experts"), I reckon he is slowly developing his around the ground skills.

I always say, give a player 3 years to show where they are going. He is going in a positive direction, rather than dimming and heading for the scrap heap.

We will both wait and see.

Sandilands is coming along nicely - he's just a kid and you know what they say about the really tall payers taking longer to mature.

But hope he plays badly on Sunday.

I see some Dockers supporters are saying Sandilands is alright yet a few Freo supporters are bagging him in another thread.
Obviously he is not appreciated by Fremantle supporters.We can't get him because we already have Peter Street. Who do you reckon he could play better at if any club? I think St Kilda could use him given Knobel takes a big load.

Sandillands isn't equipped for captaincy.

By the way, Mike, who cares if you lot have Street, he is ********.

I wouldn't mind Aaron at Sydney, with Ball's retirement soon.

Cheer Red Blood said:
By the way, Mike, who cares if you lot have Street, he is ********.

I only mentioned we have Peter Street at the Bulldogs because we already have 1 beanpole at the club and given he hasn't done a thing for us obviously we don't want another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Aaron Sandilands ever be captain of Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back