can cats win nab cup final?

Remove this Banner Ad

gknowles

Draftee
Mar 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
is geelong it possible for geelong to win the nab cup final? Been a diehard cats fan we wuld love to c a victory but is possible 2 stop the run of mcleod and co.. whats your thoughts?

possible, yes
likely, not really.
impossible, quite far from it.

I'd like to think we would give them a good run, especially if mcleod doesn't play. (according to the herald sun today, but I am f-n miles away and don't really know if it's all BS)

gknowles said:
is geelong it possible for geelong to win the nab cup final? Been a diehard cats fan we wuld love to c a victory but is possible 2 stop the run of mcleod and co.. whats your thoughts?

I'd love to help you on your English, as an aside.

I think we're a chance, but we're certainly underdogs - our lack of a key forward is going to prove difficult to overcome, although selection may well be interesting in that regard. If we keep the pressure up on the crows in the midfield then we are definitely a chance, given that our defense is pretty well stocked and their forward line isn't notably strong.

Good point, Milburn, Egan, Scarlett and co. have held the team together.. Woud love to see Ottens and Kinsley up forward.. Mooney, N.Ablett and Gardiner won't win us many games.. Corey for Captain!

May pan out a little like when we played them in the middle of last year where the ball just went kick to kick between the half forward lines. No Roo and doubts over McLeod & Edwards certainly would give our midfield an edge and I'll back in our backline to beat their forwards.

Yes they were impressive against the Dees but lets face it, if you offered the Dees a flight home at half time I think they would have taken it. Sometimes that's the difference between a 4-5 goal loss and a complete drubbing. You can tell when a side has had enough, especially in early March, and the Dees just didn't look interested. Take nothing away from the Crows but it did resemble a training drill after half time.

Must kick straight if we are to win. Wasted opportunities often lead to defeats when travelling interstate so we must kick goals, especially early, if we are to win.

Rosso said:
Must kick straight if we are to win. Wasted opportunities often lead to defeats when travelling interstate so we must kick goals, especially early, if we are to win.

The story of the past few years in a nutshell.

Sad thing is, without a match fit Ottens we don't have anybody on our list in a key forward capacity capable.

If our defence stays focused and can stop Adeliade from scoring as much as possible, if our lil guys (byrnesy, gazza and chapman) can slot in a few goals each, if the "Coreys" can do the same, if Nath can step up take some good marks and rock! Yeah, I think the Cats can win... but it will be pretty dam hard without our tall forwards and Kingy! But then again we have one the last few games with our young gun guys so we can do it again!

GO CATTAS!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

Melbourne were a SHAMBLES last week. I watched the game today and they made Adelaide look very good. Adelaide are NOT very good, they are good, but they just played a side that is a mess. Melbourne could possibly go bottom 4, Nietz has had it, their backline is weak and who are there midfielders? Mate everyone is blowing smoke up Adelaides @rse, but we would have accounted for the Dees EASILY last week.

We def good enuf, and i bloody hope we do. But we both have very very good teams, and there team is closer to full strength, but if we put 4 quarters together we can win.

scottydeewah said:
Melbourne were a SHAMBLES last week. I watched the game today and they made Adelaide look very good. Adelaide are NOT very good, they are good, but they just played a side that is a mess. Melbourne could possibly go bottom 4, Nietz has had it, their backline is weak and who are there midfielders? Mate everyone is blowing smoke up Adelaides @rse, but we would have accounted for the Dees EASILY last week.

:) We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll see.

Well no we wont see as there is no time machine that will less us go back and change the draw so we can play them last week. But I do recall a little final last year where we SPANKED them senseless. Look Adelaide are good and maybe good enough to beat a Geelong team that has a lot of youngsters in it. BUT i thought they must have played a Melbourne team up and firing on the weekend the way everyone on here was talking. that is FAR from the truth, Melbourne wont make the finals this year, they are VERY poor.

I heard that McLeod AND Edwards are under serious injury clouds, and with the inclusion of Ottens and Playfair it should be a close game. 10 points either way.

scottydeewah said:
Well no we wont see as there is no time machine that will less us go back and change the draw so we can play them last week. But I do recall a little final last year where we SPANKED them senseless. Look Adelaide are good and maybe good enough to beat a Geelong team that has a lot of youngsters in it. BUT i thought they must have played a Melbourne team up and firing on the weekend the way everyone on here was talking. that is FAR from the truth, Melbourne wont make the finals this year, they are VERY poor.
Their best 22 is far different from what you saw last week against the Crows at AAMI.
Don't write them off just yet.

scottydeewah said:
Well no we wont see as there is no time machine that will less us go back and change the draw so we can play them last week. But I do recall a little final last year where we SPANKED them senseless.

Care to name the date and who you SPANKED in a final over here.
You memory seems to be clouded a bit.
We lost to St. Kilda or are they your second team. And we only lost because we didnt kick straight.

Markthirtytwo said:
Care to name the date and who you SPANKED in a final over here.
You memory seems to be clouded a bit.
We lost to St. Kilda or are they your second team. And we only lost because we didnt kick straight.

I think your glue sniffing is clouding your ability to read.. i believe he is referring to the Geelong/ Melbourne final at the G?

scottydeewah said:

Just highlighting what I was referring to in your post.

It was obvious that the Cats wanted it more last night, good on 'em too. They're a good team. Congrats to you all.

Don't blame me if I'm not too upset, my only goal this year is to give the big one a real shake.

Remove this Banner Ad

can cats win nab cup final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back