Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And trying to defend your position by just posting the same thing over and over again :$
What position?

Give a QUOTE where ive stated anything you have suggested.

Ill save you time, i haven't.

Tl;dr you're a space cadet.

What position?

Give a QUOTE where ive stated anything you have suggested.

Ill save you time, i haven't.

Tl;dr you're a space cadet.
Well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here as I got you confused the another Hawthorn poster as you both have names that start with B and end in a hashtag/number combo. You didn't say that, the guy below did though. Lol

Stratton and Breust are coming off career best years and Breust only turned 28 3 months ago, he will play the whole year as a 28 year old. Is Dangerfield also on the way down? Because he is 28 as well.

Well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here as I got you confused the another Hawthorn poster as you both have names that start with B and end in a hashtag/number combo. You didn't say that, the guy below did though. Lol
But, no he didnt.

he said, that if Bruest(28) who is coming off his best season to date is on the way down from his peak.

Danger(28) who had a down year by your own admission must also be on the way down from his own peak.

The players ability were never compared only the age.

His point went straight over your head it even made a whoosh sound as it went by.

I personally think both players will be at there peak of there own powers in 2019.

But, no he didnt.

he said, that if Bruest(28) who is coming off his best season to date is on the way down from his peak.

Danger(28) who had a down year by your own admission must also be on the way down from his own peak.

His point went straight over your head it even made a whoosh sound as it went by.

I personally think both players will be at there peak of there own powers in 2019.
You really think I missed the point but then go on to ignore the fact that you are comparing Breust with Dangerfield? hahaha FMD and then you go on to admit that Dangerfield went downhill in 2018 before saying it won't happen to Breust? LOL I can't deal with this :tearsofjoy:

But, no he didnt.

In actual fact Breust was arguably the best forward in the game last year.
Dangerfield the best mid?

You really think I missed the point but then go on to ignore the fact that you are comparing Breust with Dangerfield? hahaha FMD and then you go on to admit that Dangerfield went downhill in 2018 before saying it won't happen to Breust? LOL I can't deal with this :tearsofjoy:

No one compared the players they compared age and what it means to performance. Surely no one could seriously think that was a comparison of the two players?

Okay listen here Space Cadet,

Are you suggest Danger and Bruest are not both 28 years old.

Also.......

I can quote you stating YOUR thoughts that danger had a down year. I have not stated that myself only reference your thoughts.

No one compared the players they compared age and what it means to performance. Surely no one could seriously think that was a comparison of the two players?
Okay listen here Space Cadet,

Are you suggest Danger and Bruest are not both 28 years old.

Also.......

I can quote you stating YOUR thoughts that danger had a down year. I have not stated that myself only reference your thoughts.
Honestly Hawthorn supporters must be one of the daftest groups of people in the world. Instead of addressing my original discussion points you latch onto a tiny portion of what I originally said, and make ridiculous claims like Luke Bruest will have the same trajectory skill wise as Dangerfield.

Instead of taking offence to public opinions of a football team you have zero control over maybe you could get offended at the club's management of your garbage list, which I previously mentioned is the oldest in the league.

Honestly Hawthorn supporters must be one of the daftest groups of people in the world. Instead of addressing my original discussion points you latch onto a tiny portion of what I originally said, and make ridiculous claims like Luke Bruest will have the same trajectory skill wise as Dangerfield.

Instead of taking offence to public opinions of a football team you have zero control over maybe you could get offended at the club's management of your garbage list, which I previously mentioned is the oldest in the league.

Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, you are quite correct. Breust is a far more skillful player - Dangerfield the more explosive and physically dominant.

Dangerfield is a relatively poor kick - a very powerful, agile and fast (albeit one-way) runner, an individual who relies heavily on his explosiveness and physical advantages to try and 'dominate' the opposition on an individual basis. He's also good enough to do so as often as not which is what makes him a star.

Breust isn't particularly athletic, but is a very smart player, reading the flight/drop of the ball better than his opponent, relying on positioning and teamwork as much as individual attributes. He is a more 'complete' player, with heavy emphasis on defensive aspects and working as a small component of a larger forward line strategy.

Where I find your comment interesting is that they are both just 28, so it's early for either of them to be showing any evidence of decline. As a result of his reliance on physical advantages, I fully expect Dangerfield to have a much sharper decline than Breust, but as I don't watch Geelong much will defer to your earlier comments that Dangerfield had already fallen from his peak in 2018, whilst Breust has continued to perform at a similar level.

JOM on one leg is better than 99% of the AFL/AFLX/AFLW players!
Well actually this statement is factually incorrect. When JOM effectively had one fit leg he couldnt play so therefore based on this observation one can assume that without any second leg he shouldn't be taking the field. Hence 99% other players would be more competitive

Well actually this statement is factually incorrect. When JOM effectively had one fit leg he couldnt play so therefore based on this observation one can assume that without any second leg he shouldn't be taking the field. Hence 99% other players would be more competitive

Ill bite. Why would you take a statement like that so literally?

Are you trolling orrrrrrrrrrrr?

As others pointed out i didn't at all suggest they are similar in ability, i was trying to use the same logic you used. Breust coming off a career best year is somehow on the way down purely because he turned 28... Dangerfield is the same age so by that same logic he is also on the way down.

28 is not old, you have not peaked because you are now 28 years of age.

Jesus Christ dude, no one was comparing Dangerfield to Breust!! That’s why people keep posting “whoosh” after your responses.

They were literally saying that if you are going to write off Breust in 2019 because he’s 28 then you better do the same with another 28yr old on your list, Dangerfield.

It's a pretty weird question to ask when Geelong haven't had a top 5 pick in the last 13.7 billion years. Hawthorn are doing what Geelong have done, topping up with elite talent which is better than overpaying for an unverified spud.

It's a pretty weird question to ask when Geelong haven't had a top 5 pick in the last 13.7 billion years. Hawthorn are doing what Geelong have done, topping up with elite talent which is better than overpaying for an unverified spud.

Geelong and Hawthorn supporters are too busy fighting to realise what we could be if we stood side by side.

Jesus Christ dude, no one was comparing Dangerfield to Breust!! That’s why people keep posting “whoosh” after your responses.

They were literally saying that if you are going to write off Breust in 2019 because he’s 28 then you better do the same with another 28yr old on your list, Dangerfield.
Is that what this is all about, you think I'm writing Breust off? Saying he is on the way down doesn't mean I'm writing him off. It means he won't get any better than he was last season. He won't improve any further. Dangerfield isn't getting any better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back