Can North go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

he is so far down the list it isn't funny any longer.

tumblr_mmst03p4Ys1s8f4tpo4_250.gif

I love Boomer and hope he goes on for another 36 years, but it is no longer about him any longer, he is so far down the list it isn't funny any longer. Goldy is by far the most important player on the list, if he performs then he carries the team with him. If he has a shocker it is goodnight Irene.

Your progression and advancement of your list Harvey is now icing on the cake which is what he should be at 36yrs of age :)

I love Boomer and hope he goes on for another 36 years, but it is no longer about him any longer, he is so far down the list it isn't funny any longer. Goldy is by far the most important player on the list, if he performs then he carries the team with him. If he has a shocker it is goodnight Irene.
Just out of curiosity, are you on drugs?

Now can we talk to someone with a memory longer than 2 weeks?

Just out of curiosity, are you on drugs?

Sadly, no.

If you pay close attention to boomer, he hurts us defensively quite often. Half the players leading the votes in the spud award on our forum played on Boomer and ran off him while he didn't go defensively almost all year. When you see a midfielder or half back on his own kicking a goal and think "who the hell is on him" when the ball goes back to the middle he is quite often standing next to Boomer.

I appreciate what he brings to the side offensively, but he is not the most accountable bloke running around.

If he goes out we will lose that attacking and creative playmaker, but we are going to get someone a lot more accountable defensively.

But, if our midfield doesn't get the job done on the inside he isn't going have any impact on the outcome of the contest and if Goldy doesn't play well our midfield loses that contest. When we lose on the inside, we lose the game. So his importance has diminished over recent years.

Your progression and advancement of your list Harvey is now icing on the cake which is what he should be at 36yrs of age :)

That is exactly what he is, but the cake is more important than the icing. It is a pity I have to explain it in painful detail to people who actually follow the club. The icing on the cake players aren't the most important players on your list.

Sadly, no.

If you pay close attention to boomer, he hurts us defensively quite often. Half the players leading the votes in the spud award on our forum played on Boomer and ran off him while he didn't go defensively almost all year. When you see a midfielder or half back on his own kicking a goal and think "who the hell is on him" when the ball goes back to the middle he is quite often standing next to Boomer.

I appreciate what he brings to the side offensively, but he is not the most accountable bloke running around.

If he goes out we will lose that attacking and creative playmaker, but we are going to get someone a lot more accountable defensively.

But, if our midfield doesn't get the job done on the inside he isn't going have any impact on the outcome of the contest and if Goldy doesn't play well our midfield loses that contest. When we lose on the inside, we lose the game. So his importance has diminished over recent years.

I only agree with you on his defensive game. The thing is don't quite understand about this line of thinking though is that boomer is tagged week in week out, how much of a defensive game does he need? To be honest I want a boomer that the opposition has to worry about, he's a natural attacker and a loose boomer running around over a loose opposition player is going to be better for us 9/10 times. Not only that, if boomer is tagged out that leaves Wells and Dal santo to run free and vice versa.

This season boomers averaging 26 disposals and has kicked 28 goals, do you honestly think he's cost more goals than that? And lets not even start on the goal assist.

You can't honestly tell you me you'd prefer and jacobs or mullet in over a boomer just because they offer more defensively?

Still one of our more important players. Need him out there Friday 100%

I only agree with you on his defensive game. The thing is don't quite understand about this line of thinking though is that boomer is tagged week in week out, how much of a defensive game does he need? To be honest I want a boomer that the opposition has to worry about, he's a natural attacker and a loose boomer running around over a loose opposition player is going to be better for us 9/10 times. Not only that, if boomer is tagged out that leaves Wells and Dal santo to run free and vice versa.

This season boomers averaging 26 disposals and has kicked 28 goals, do you honestly think he's cost more goals than that? And lets not even start on the goal assist.

You can't honestly tell you me you'd prefer and jacobs or mullet in over a boomer just because they offer more defensively?

Still one of our more important players. Need him out there Friday 100%

Teams that have figured him out will use someone offensive on Boomer who runs both ways, the stuff of our nightmares. Kerridge who has kicked what 5 goals and 4 goals on Boomer while keeping him to negligible contribution, Josh Green who kicked 3 goals twice on Boomer this year. Teams that haven't figured him out will put a Crowley or another tagger on him who doesn't suit going offensive.

Boomer is just very aggressive, his instincts are not to tackle or shepherd or do the 1%ers, that is bad when teams have a run on against us, you need players switched on defensively, especially in finals.

No, I wouldn't want Jacobs or Mullett over Boomer, I didn't say Boomer is shit, far from it. I just said he has become fringe in terms of being the most critical component in our side. We can still win games if we don't use the ball as well going forward, it is just a lot harder/uglier. But, our core midfield and our spine is far more critical to our chance of success than Boomer is for the side. If we don't at least break even on the inside we aren't even in the contest, so the components necessary for that are far more critical in terms of the team's importance.

If Boomer misses then you know, we are going to miss the spark he can provide us and that offensive capability, but if we play well enough on the inside then we are chance without him, if we miss Goldstein we may as well not bother showing up. He is that critical for our side, then come the inside mids, then the KPP. If Thompson and Grima can't compete against Tippett and Buddy we are ****ed. He doesn't need to keep him goaless again, but not conceding 13 would go a long way. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been a good year. However I'd suggest you are still a fair way short of the top two or three.

Unfortunately we are a very long way from top 2 :cry:

However with a decent trade/FA or 2 teams like North can jump up pretty quickly.

Has been a good year. However I'd suggest you are still a fair way short of the top two or three.

That gab can be breached easily in very little time, look at Port this year. I've seen nothing to suggest the Roos won't make the 4 next year, at the very least they'll overtake Geelong (and my mob too maybe).

True but they had a very good year and this might just be the start of them becoming a good team.

This is near it. They're at their peak pretty much.

A perfectly balanced list of experience and youth, a lot of players at key age, 1 or 2 injuries and excellent form. All the right ingredients.

I don't think North will be anything special.

Not trying to be rude but a bit if a nothing team IMO. Not building to be a powerhouse like Port etc

Not this year and I never predicted us to do so. We were expected by most to play one final and we just played in a prelim last night. 2014 was nothing short of a success.

Our improvement comes from our young players. Cunnington, Bastinac, Ziebell, Black, Brown, Turner, McDonald, MacMillan, Wright, Jacobs, Atley and Greenwood are all 25 or under and are in our best 22 (except maybe Jacobs). We're only at the beginning at what this team can become and I'm excited for the future. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can North go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back