Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

“Disgusting” for wanting a change of coach now after 12 years of mediocrity. I think you need to take a deep breath and settle down.

Ironically, all Melbourne based people I’ve spoken pretty much unanimously say Geelong fans are the most feral supporter base in Victoria (more so than Carlton and Collingwood fans). Make of that what you will.
Interesting, I mostly hear that about Pies, Dons, Tigs, Blues supporters.

I hope not.
It’s a copycat league
Club use to give coaches 4-5 yr max to win a flag
Dimma changed that to 7-8
If Hinkley wins one in his 12th
More clubs will keep coaches past their use by date
Dimma didn't change anything the Cats were the first to go down that path with a review on Bomber which led to the 2007 premiership. The Tigers were just copying them

Dimma didn't change anything the Cats were the first to go down that path with a review on Bomber which led to the 2007 premiership. The Tigers were just copying them
I wasn’t talking about review I was talking about the seven years without a finals win
If that was the case with bomber my mistake I’d didn’t realise his first seven years were that bad

Cornes and Barrett both gone in on the pathetic port fan base booing Ken.
Hard not to agree, worst fanbase in the AFL. Kochy should rip up the memberships of most of the pissants that follow them, including all of the port posters on this site.

Utter cretins.

your flags are all from PEDs

"turned a corner?" History always repeats itself

any one of Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and Sydney will beat us at home in a knockout final this year
Port grinded out another win on the road, against Melbourne at the MCG.
Winning on the road isn't easy and wins at the MCG are worth their weight in gold, as that's where flags are won.

Winning on the road isn't easy and wins at the MCG are worth their weight in gold, as that's where flags are won.
We're absolutely primed if we get drawn to play the 12th placed team in Grand final day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are the Power fans pro Hinkley now?
Fuck No GIF by Law & Order

"grinded out" lol

another Camperdown dropout just like Donuts

It feels like Port and Hinkley have all of Australia wishing them well - except for everybody in South Australia.

This is the only country in the world where something like this would be possible.
Don't fall into the trap of believing that the Port forum on this website is an accurate cross-section of the wider Port Adelaide membership base. It's like going to Portland and asking people on the street what they think of Trump.

Don't fall into the trap of believing that the Port forum on this website is an accurate cross-section of the wider Port Adelaide membership base. It's like going to Portland and asking people on the street what they think of Trump.

I would’ve agreed a couple years ago but I feel like the overall feelings towards Hinkley were pretty negative right up until the Swans game. It’s not like the boos were purely Bigfooty posters.

I reckon if there’s another straight sets exit or home finals loss than the noise will get pretty loud.

I would’ve agreed a couple years ago but I feel like the overall feelings towards Hinkley were pretty negative right up until the Swans game. It’s not like the boos were purely Bigfooty posters.

I reckon if there’s another straight sets exit or home finals loss than the noise will get pretty loud.
I would say the boos weren't majority of bigfooty posters, there are a large contingent, of which I am a proud representative, that have boycotted either/or memberships and games while the current administration are overseeing the club

Janus would have you think that only 5-10% are "ken haters" where it was probably close to a majority against him in the darker patch 6 or so weeks ago. The "negativity" spread to talkback radio which had long been a bastion of the pro-donut brigade thanks to some mentally challenged pundits and journalists pushing his cause (non-port people at that)

No
They will feel vindicated that the pressure piled on him was the reason for success
Should that eventuate

Something similar went on with Choco and Scott
It’s almost like port need something like this, some internal division, them against us type mentality to achieve ultimate success

You're a weird club and supporter base.

Did it event occur to you may have the worst supporters in the AFL, and that could be a reason for your ongoing failure at high performance?

Did it event occur to you may have the worst supporters in the AFL, and that could be a reason for your ongoing failure at high performance?

You had your success last decade, so you are not qualified to have an opinion on this matter.

We now have a good percentage of young members that has never experienced a premiership. Is there any surprise that they are fed up of being told a grand story of success and history but then get served with mediocrity.

Memberships aren't cheap, going the footy isn't cheap, buying merchandise isn't cheap, watch pay TV or streaming services isn't cheap. The people who spend their hard earn money want a return on investment and they are not in it just for the entertainment.

I'm not saying there isn't discontent in the supporter base beyond BigFooty. For whatever reasons Hinkley hasn't been able to get it done, and he absolutely should be under fire if he can't take this list further than he's been able to in the past few years, and performances like what was served up against Brisbane - where the team lost contested possession by 40 - are unacceptable. Since 80% of contested possession is loose ball gets, that means there was a failure of players to keep their shape/spacing around the ground and trust their teammates to get the job done...and that is a failure of coaching. But it was acknowledged and addressed.

I'm talking about the people who actively want a side they supposedly 'support' to lose when that side is currently sitting 2nd on the ladder and has just a good a chance as any to win the flag after winning games against seven teams of the current top ten. There will be people on the Port BigFooty forum who are hoping that Adelaide and Fremantle flog the **** out of us so we don't finish top four...or for us to crash out of finals in straight sets because they are emotionally irrational when it comes to the administration/coaching staff.

That is absolutely ludicrous. For a long time I tried to fight against such a ridiculous attitude. Then I realised that I was just trying to ice skate uphill and it was time to find something more productive to do with my time.

All the time, sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back