Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to me it's better to just rip the band aid off in one go. If you like Rutten back him in.

Not that i mind, but Essendon will be in a sort of a limbo next season. Who are the players going to be 'playing for' when they are needed in the trenches - Woosha or Truck?

Only time will tell but I think Worsfold is the type of person that won't let his ego get in the way of this sort of arrangement. That doesn't mean it will be a resounding success (no coaches are guaranteed to be that) but I don't see anything inherently wrong with it and it may end up putting us in a stronger position when Rutten does take over.

I don't think Woosha ever wanted to be a long term senior coach anyway, especially over in Melbourne. He probably is just about ready to head back to WA.

Hope it works as good for Essendon as the Roos to Goodwin succession plan has worked out for The Dees ! 👍

Playing in a prelim? Would take that, means we would actually have won a final.

Dont mind it tbh.

Obviously an end of year review happened and they decided they wouldnt be renewing his contract.

But rather than cut the cord theyve put this 'succession plan' spin on it.

It should help to keep the media at bay next year who'd otherwise call for another coach to be sacked before fulfilling their contract.

Far too many coaches are getting sacked off the storm the media creates. It seens like clubs arent even fully prepared for what Plan B is before they cut the cord... then you get stuck with Plan C or D.

If Jake Niall's sources are accurate then this should be a fairly simple handover... provided Rutten is up to the task.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Jake Niall's sources are accurate then this should be a fairly simple handover... provided Rutten is up to the task.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This pleases me

Rutten, Essendon’s coach for team defence, told the board that the Bombers’ game plan had to be ‘‘tweaked’’ to one that would stand up in finals. The game style wouldn’t cut it, in comparison with the harder-edged, defensively adept Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Bombers really haven't changed since 3 years.

Ruttej was seen as the "great white hope"

The common demoninator in all of this is The EFC board and to a lesser extent Dodoro.

They should go before Truck IMO.

Onto Brashieer and his board, aside from appointing coaches and getting corporate dollars done, what exactly do they do to try and get Essendon improve on field ?

tried-nothing.gif

And reading his comments this year, there seems to be a lot of apathy and yes delusion about Brashieer and the capabilities of their list, which is clear cut bottom 4 in the league.

This doesn't need bumping. Worsfold is gone. Start a thread about Rutten if you must.
The thread is relevant in the context of Paul Brasher's recent video announcing a club review.

Link here:

It's not simply about Worsfold and Truck.

It's about the last 5 years. Sweeping things under the rug is never helpful as much as you might want to.

The thread is relevant in the context of Paul Brasher's recent video announcing a club review.

Link here:

It's not simply about Worsfold and Truck.

It's about the last 5 years. Sweeping things under the rug is never helpful as much as you might want to.
It's about Worsfold. And Brashers video has nothing to do with Worsfold.

But if you want to be a necromancer go ahead.

It's about Worsfold. And Brashers video has nothing to do with Worsfold.

But if you want to be a necromancer go ahead.
Perceptions that the list was ok and Worsfold was no good was widespread back in 2019/20.

There was a perception amongst Bombers fans that everything was hunky dory but that Worsfold was the main problem.

This was the PR line the club was putting out in 2020. It's not just me saying this.

The issue is about the use of scapegoats to hide bigger issues. I think Worsfold was used as a bit of a scapegoat and here we are in 2022 with another "review".

Is the review internal or external by the way?

Sorry but its relevant whether you want to admit or not. You can shove your head in the sand if you like. Its the Bombers (cult) way.

Perceptions that the list was ok and Worsfold was no good was widespread back in 2019/20.

There was a perception amongst Bombers fans that everything was hunky dory but that Worsfold was the main problem.

This was the PR line the club was putting out in 2020. It's not just me saying this.

The issue is about the use of scapegoats to hide bigger issues. I think Worsfold was used as a bit of a scapegoat and here we are in 2022 with another "review".

Is the review internal or external by the way?

Sorry but its relevant whether you want to admit or not. You can shove your head in the sand if you like. Its the Bombers (cult) way.
Is misrepresenting people why you get banned?

Is misrepresenting people why you get banned?
How do you know I was banned? Funnily enough it was a Bombers 'mod'. Not sure how you know? But I was critical of Dodoro's record and banned for that for 2 weeks (by a bombers mod). Funny that.

The point is here we are after 3 years of nothing changing. Yet another internal "review". Yet another delusional statement by Brasher.

What's the fear of an external review?

Yet again it looks like Rutten is the scapegoat but the "Essendon People" like Dodoro, Wellman, Caracella, Madden, Brasher and Campbell never ever get reviewed by externals, never admit fault and are never held accountable by their own fans.

This is relevant whether you like it or not.

How do you know I was banned? Funnily enough it was a Bombers 'mod'. Not sure how you know? But I was critical of Dodoro's record and banned for that for 2 weeks (by a bombers mod). Funny that.

The point is here we are after 3 years of nothing changing. Yet another internal "review". Yet another delusional statement by Brasher.

What's the fear of an external review?

Yet again it looks like Rutten is the scapegoat but the "Essendon People" like Dodoro, Wellman, Caracella, Madden, Brasher and Campbell never ever get reviewed by externals, never admit fault and are never held accountable by their own fans.

This is relevant whether you like it or not.
Current Essendon "review" is not relevant to an ex coach.

May as well have put this in the Barry Davis thread.

Current Essendon "review" is not relevant to an ex coach.

May as well have put this in the Barry Davis thread.
Very recent ex coach .

The comments in the thread are relevant because they discuss the list profile and the transition from Worsfold to Truck. Which we now know hasn't worked out.

Also raises issues around Brasher's performance.

This is the main board and open to a broad range of views. It's not the Essendon board where you get to control the narrative.

Very recent ex coach .

The comments in the thread are relevant because they discuss the list profile and the transition from Worsfold to Truck. Which we now know hasn't worked out.

Also raises issues around Brasher's performance.

This is the main board and open to a broad range of views. It's not the Essendon board where you get to control the narrative.
Wonder if Buddy's appeal gets up

Wonder if Buddy's appeal gets up
November 2020 - Paul Brasher conducts review and concludes Worsfold was the main the problem.

This conclusion was clearly wrong..

May 2022 - Paul Brasher starts another review looking for another scapegoat.

November 18th, 2020 9:32 am
New president Paul Brasher led the review into the Bombers’ football operations and found there were “conflicting philosophies ... within our coaching program”.

Outgoing senior coach Worsfold supported an “empowerment/own your career” mentality with the playing group, while Rutten favoured “uncompromising demands on standards and accountabilities”.

“Going forward, everybody, not just the players, but everybody in the entire club, will be in no doubt about the standards required and will be held accountable to meeting those standards,” Brasher said.

“Going forward, everybody, not just the players, but everybody in the entire club, will be in no doubt about the standards required and will be held accountable to meeting those standards,” Brasher said.

“A desire to better understand what we stand for as a club and a football team is a theme I have been hearing from our members and it came through in some of the interviews (with players) as well,” Brasher said in the review.

Its very relevant because Brasher needs to be held accountable. He made a big mistake in 2020 and now you want to bury it.

Last edited:
The Essendon Mafia treated Worsfold poorly and it’s testament to the class of the bloke that you will never hear him say a bad word about the club or anyone linked to it.

They have never had a genuine A grade player - let alone several that you need to sustain success in the league. A core of some good players - some almost there but not quite. That’s why they haven’t kicked on and they probably peaked last year until the next generation are hitting their best footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back