Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashcroft is never in conversations, so it's still effectively pick 3
You are correct, the player that is available to us straight after the Tiges and Norf picks, even if one of them bids on Ashcroft.........Ashcroft is in the "too much to hope for" draft section!!!......o_O

Last edited:
I would not be disappointed if we go for Sam Lalor or Murphy Reid with that pick. Preferably Lalor.

Both are versatile enough to play forward too
As we need pace in the midfield I would be thinking Draper or Smith.......how good would that be, a Carlton midfielder that is actually fleet of foot!!! WOW:p

Last edited:

Collingwood got absolutely rinsed in that megatrade. Wow.

Not sure but I just read a post on reddit that pretty much sums it up;

"The last club I would have picked to need a midfielder, and the last club I would have guessed Kennedy would go to for midfield time."
I mean they're losing Macrae, Daniel, and Smith, no?

Their defence is largely ancient, Libba doesn't have much left. Plenty of spots and opportunities, and the next in line haven't really stepped up consistently.

Kennedy would help connect a few dots at the stoppage, and would have more speed around him, but I doubt we're getting a top 30 pick.

Collingwood got absolutely rinsed in that megatrade. Wow.

I mean they're losing Macrae, Daniel, and Smith, no?

Their defence is largely ancient, Libba doesn't have much left. Plenty of spots and opportunities, and the next in line haven't really stepped up consistently.

Kennedy would help connect a few dots at the stoppage, and would have more speed around him, but I doubt we're getting a top 30 pick.
Hopefully we end up with something in the mid 20’s as our second pick- even if it’s through additional trading

I think a big bodied midfielder would be better. Draper and Lalor seem the best for that but still prefer Lalor.
I don`t know if you follow "Gettable" on the AFL site with Riley Beveridge & Cal Twomey, but Beveridge is a Carlton supporter and is in the know with the draft and actually sees that one of the clubs biggest weaknesses is that we have no players in the middle of the ground with elite speed and elusiveness to compliment guys like Cripps, Hewett and Cerra who are all big strong bodied guys but lack pace. Beveridge seems to be leaning towards guys like Smith and Draper as the type that are essential to us improving our ball movement from the centre of the ground to our forward line, and that`s why I am doubtful about a Lalor or a Langford type bigger mid being taken with pick 3, but then everyone seems to like Lalor including the tiggers, so he may not still be on the shelf when we get to pick........:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back