Universal Love Carlton fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you hadn't noticed, the always modest Carlton faithful were in fine form in their preview thread leading up to the match this weekend. I've picked out a few of the best for you to enjoy.

I have no doubt we will go close to beating them by 100 points. And i'm not being arrogant. Its just the difference between a side with the drive to win every game, compared to a drive that is over hyped and puts too much expectation onto too few.

All the best to the boys this weekend, anything under 10 goals, to me, would mean that we have gone easy on them. Which I would never want (especially against this mob)...

Anything less than an 8 goal win would be pretty disappointing.

If you guys can keep it to around 5-6 goal loss you'll have done well.

They won;t make the 8 and we'll thump the living day lights out of them on Saturday afternoon because they are a bottom 8 side, there I said it and feel better :)

Essendon have next to no matchups for Betts and Garlett..

Carlton by 6+ goals...

......and I didn't even have to mention Judd, Murphy, Gibbs & Yarran

Last night I went to the footy thinking we should win. Next week I will be going to the game knowing we will win. A 10 year journey and I'm almost too emotionally stuffed to appreciate our re-emergence. Almost! :D:thumbsu:

But honestly, Ryder and Bellchambers are supposed to stop the form ruck pairing of the AFL?

Carlton by 15... 15 goals that is...

We will decimate them.

We will win, it is only a question of how big a statement the boys want to make.

You are delusional. Dram was right, we are a 100 point better team than your sorry lot. I was being diplomatic.

We are easily 2 goals a quarter better than Essendon, even if you play out of your skins and we have an average game we will still beat you. Do the last 2 games against us not tell you that? The round 3 game last year was the aberration not the other 2. Even if we have 2 game ending injuries we will win by 8 goals, our list IS that much better than yours.

You have 2 players on your list that would get a game in our current team, Hurly and Watson and I am not convinced Watson would get into our midfield. The rest would be playing for the Northern Blues.

This thread reminds me of the level of delusion we see from Tigers fans pre round 1 each year. Game usually over as a genuine contest well before half time. Cant see that there is anything to suspect this wont be the case again.

Anyways, the rest of their team is very average. Hate defensive pressure. Total front runners, even more so than us 3 years ago.

We will pump them.

We have the scum covered I reckon. Should do them by at least 10 goals if our accuracy is decent.

Go Blues! Will be there to watch the smashing of the scummiest of all the scums in the AFL in front of a huge crowd. Can't wait!

And who cares about wether Watson would be 3rd or 4th best mid in our team, he will never play for Carlton so who gives a S#@t..
We should beat the Bombers by 10 goals..

To be honest, this game isn't going to tell us much about Carlton. Essendon haven't progressed in 6 years. Every win is important, even against mid-ladder teams, but Essendon aren't close to being a benchmark in any facet of the game.

Essendon won't get within 12 goals

Bombers look really good, they've played some quality opposition and should get within ten - fifteen goals.

Our boys will hold no mercy they will throttle you from the 1st bounce

We are on a mission and you essendon are a mere stepping stone...

I really see no way that the Bombers can beat us in this game. Our midfield is two proverbial Joseph Fritzel life sentences ahead of there's and we really should (and will) towel them up in the clearances.

Blues by 123 points.

Probably because the result is acknowledged by all as a foregone conclusion and the only real debate seems to be about which Bombers players would break into our best 22 :rolleyes:

Things are going to get ugly for your rabble on Saturday, I hope you have front row seats.

Blues and easily this weekend. anywhere from 7 to 12 goal victors. Carlton +40.5 is the value.

Should be another one sided contest tomorrow, similar to the final last year.

Let's face it - us at our best are easily a 10 goal better side than Essendon at their best.

Our midfield depth and quality of every player will be far too much for them and our ability to kick big scored and dominate midfields as well as defend will see them picked to pieces. The injuries they have wont help either. Carlton by 90 points.

I actually kind of feel for them in a way. A loss like the one today must be an enormous shock to system when you're that deluded beforehand. The poor bastards just never learn.

The only reason we lost is because Lonergan tackled Carrazzo.

They don't like contact those soft pieces of shit for a club.

GO BOMBERS!!!

Suck my balls Carlscum, bitches, is what you are.

feelsgood.jpg

I tipped us to win. Exactly what I said. This is the type of games that we win. When everyone writes us.

Love it. Especially those Carlton supporters at the game. They are one of the worst losers, if not the worst. They blamed it on everything they could possibly think of. Don't give the opposition credit for actually beating them. Sorry, thrashing them.

"Ohh this was the worst we have played since *Insert year*"

Are we the Kings of upsets?

I mean, haven't we done the same before?

I honestly don't think so. Show me a thread where we've come close in terms of arrogance in the lead up to a match. I didn't even need to read the entire thread on the Carlton board (it was 1000 posts FFS) to pick up all those quotes.

I read the board of our opposition every week. We've played far better teams and had far less chance in matches against other clubs in recent years, yet I never see the consistent arrogance, delusion and crazy predictions from any of the other groups of supporters. Carlton are in a league of their own in this category and deserve to cop it.

I posted several rants trying to understand WHY Carlscum were such firm favourites, I didn't think they should be based on both exposed form, potential, match ups and the fact that EFC kicks arse!

It is the same very year, Carlton beats the shit out of the cubs, gets some low level team in rnd 2 that Judd single handedly destroys and suddenly they are 'favourites' for the flag.. overhyped much?!

I felt that towards the end Hird, Lloyd and Fletch dragged us across the line in many games that 'hid' the fact that we were a very weak side. I feel the same about Judd and Murphy. Those two players hide a LOT of holes in the Scum's team.

They may well get top 4 and who knows but I sure as shit know they are NOT a 10 goal better side than us all things being equal. We OWNED them up to last year and then still managed to get a draw (in a game we should have won) after getting TWO knee injuries in the first qtr.. then they beat us twice because by then we could barely get 22 semi fit blokes on the park.

Stop Judd and you Stop Carlton and Hocking OWNED him today!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we would lose this as we don't have a lot to choose from at this point. All of our outs should be back by the second half of the season, not saying there wont be more injuries, so I still had it at the back of my mind that when we could pick a quicker side we'd run them close or beat them then.

This is the first game in the season proper where we played anything like what I saw against Brisbane at Princess Park. We ran a tight zone in a line from the ball. Our pressure was fantastic and they couldn't get much showtime on the outside.

I'm not sure it has quite dawned on Carlton yet but what today showed more than anything else is that their current list wont win a GF. If they had have had a big power forward they could have sat the ball on top of our loose man and let their beast crash into him a few times. If they had have had more big bodied inside scrappers as well as classy inside mids like Jobe or Pendlebury they would have been able to work through the traffic better.

I saw a lot of happy Bomber fans on the train this arvo as I was on my way home from Etihad with my 5 year old son.
Gotta say I was nearly as happy with the result as you lot.

Respect! :cool:

Just got through reading their game day and autopsy threads, most of them still think we are average at best.:D Lots of rants about umpiring (although it was shocking both ways) and the most enjoyable aspect as always, is the in-fighting. They have actually started taking shots at each other now and they've turned on young Gibbs.:rolleyes: All in all, a wonderful day.:thumbsu:

Look I hate Carlton as much as the next guy, but the feeling wasn't much different from our end; not many were tipping us with any real logic.

I tipped us.

Defiance of the odds is an EFC trait. That's the logic I applied. Never felt confident though, even when we were well in front.

Nothing better in football than seeing Carlton supporters offended that the fruits of their tanking and poaching could be given a fair old cavity search by what is routinely described as a blue-collar team that lacks star power and pace. The downhill skiers were targeted and folded accordingly, humanity and civilization as a whole won, and Carlton can please themselves.

OP should be posted to the bay. What exactly is it that justifies the supporters of the Carlton footy club being as arrogant as that? Clueless pretender douchebags.

No excuses.

You came, you saw, you kicked our @$$, it's that simple.

I've been around long enough to know that games against the bombers can surprise. Good win, I can't think of many key positions (if any) that we won. Look forward to the re-match.

Listening to the Scum, Lonergan is a sniper, Bomber is out head coach and we are a bunch of VFL stars.

Well guess what bitches - our "VFL" stars just handed your pretty boy tossers a hiding!!

Go Bombers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Carlton fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back