Carlton Forums Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi.

I think its just about impossible to do a 22 in the traditional beep test (i don't think it even goes that high). Surely they were doing a yoyo or another variation?

The boys started at 15 mate and went onto 22.

A variation but a beep nonetheless.
Maybe one we set up for our own purposes.

It started off at 11 which a snail could have joined in on, and escalated to 15, 17, 18, 20, 21 and ultimately 22 where Walker made it to 22.1
They dropped off like flies post 20 with McCartney proably the worst performed in this discpline who happy yelled out an expletive that would have been heard around the ground.

Paul-McCartney.jpg

Do you blame him? He's getting on you know...

Thanks for clearing it up. Probably makes sense to do it that way ( cant imagine the first 10 levels being all that useful for elite athletes)

Also, my original post wasn't meant to be a dig, just thought it would have to be a variation.

Thanks again, appreciate the training reports.

Hey guys, thanks for the reports.

I was just wondering if you saw any new drills (apart from the wrong-foot one that HBF mentioned) that pointed to the influence of the new coaching staff? Was the focus/atmosphere strikingly different from last year?

Link
And the recruiters were satisfied when former Tiger Andrew Collins topped his class.

911374-carlton-training.jpg
Link

Impressive first up effort by Collins.

Any idea why the H/S used that picture?

Carrots talks up the intensity
“Yeah, I’ve thought about that,” Carrazzo responded. “I’m not sure whether, maybe as you get older they feel harder or they actually are harder, but this pre-season’s definitely been really hard - probably the most challenging mentally and physically I’ve had.

“At the moment everyone’s just worrying about their personal condition, trying to be as fit as they possibly can, and get their minds and their bodies in the best possible condition . . . everyone’s just trying to do their best at the moment. [But] everyone’s in really good nick, so there’s no excuses for us.”

“Speaking to a few of the boys, that loss to Sydney in the final definitely hurt . . . we felt like we were so close but we still realise we’ve got a long way to go if we’re going to challenge finals again and top four hopefully,” he said.

“We’ve definitely got the talent there and the application’s there, so there’s no reason why we can’t.”
Carrots talks up the intensity

Report Time: 6th January

- Warm ups. Yeah.
- Recovery/Rehab group: Jordy, Brock, Kerr, Laidler, Carter?, Twomey?, Thornton, Garlett

Joe Dare did running on his own.

They did stride throughs, handball drills, some sort of weird wrestling without using their arms.

- Half did a bunch of handball drills (triangle, pentagon, sevengon :confused:/septagon/Whatever), other half did the beep test and then they swapped. Some reflex drills as well.

- Beep Test: Started at 11, went to 15, then 17 and then by .1. Collins won in the first group, Duigan and Ellard placing. Collins got a 22.1.

Group 2 had Walker, Carazzo, Betts and Army as top 4. Walks won with a 22.2. Some cheering towards the end. Exciting.

- Split into three groups and did handball and ground ball drills and some high marking/contested marking.

Handballing drill was a 2 on 1 situation, moving the ball quickly and dodging the middle man. Coach going on about quick movement.

More handball drills and then they moved to kicking.

- Did a little quick play on kicking drill. Kicked 15m to a player with one of the assistants behind them as the man on the mark. Did a quick blind turn and passed it to the other end.

Moved onto a three man run through with kicking and then 30m zig zag kicks between the whole list.

- End to end kicking drill going along the outside of the centre square. Right hand side was decision making. Two options with an assistant playing a defender in the middle of them. One makes a lead and the kicker makes a decision.

Left hand side picked up the ground ball, kicked inside 50m to the target and then slot the goal from a slight angle. Some nice goals.

- 5 a side Handball Rugby

Coaches stressing ball security and also spacing. It was full contact and got pretty competitive.

Mitch was taking on everyone, Cachia made some nice tackles and Marcus completely smashed Casboult in a tackle. Painful stuff.

- Moved to 6 on 4 keepings off. Skills were ok, the team of 6 did not go through the middle at all through our end. Not sure whether it was the attackers going around the outside or the defenders controlling the corridor.

- Full Ground Drill. Cones marked the ground and made it narrower. Looked like 11 on 11 and forced the team to play defence and run up together.

- Warm downs.
------------------------

Notes

- Bower and Walker swore when they missed kicks. Tsk tsk.
- Warnock torped a goal like a pro.
- Jacobs and Grigg conspicuously absent.
- Gibbs hitting targets all day. Moved with intensity too.
- Lucas breaking lines during the full ground drill.
- Walker did 10 push up when he missed a kick during keepings off.
- McCarthy hit Tuohy in the face with a ball during their little reflex kicking drill. Pretty funny.
- The Rebels were there listening to some terrible music. Truly terrible.
- Light session = 2.5 hours. Harsh.

Think thats about it. :thumbsu:

Notes

- Bower and Walker swore when they missed kicks. Tsk tsk.
- Warnock torped a goal like a pro.
- Jacobs and Grigg conspicuously absent.
- Gibbs hitting targets all day. Moved with intensity too.
- Lucas breaking lines during the full ground drill.
- Walker did 10 push up when he missed a kick during keepings off.
- McCarthy hit Tuohy in the face with a ball during their little reflex kicking drill. Pretty funny.
- The Rebels were there listening to some terrible music. Truly terrible.
- Light session = 2.5 hours. Harsh.

Think thats about it. :thumbsu:

At first I was like..

double_take.gif

But then i was like LOLLL.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Forums Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back