Carlton have sacked Bolton - Press conference at 2.15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

And the basket case club continues on its merry way, Carlton is ****ed for at least the next 5 years as a new coach comes in and undoes any good Bolton did in order to put “his own stamp on the club”.

This is horrendous.... Bolton had the relationships and trust of the players..... he was/is the BEST option going forward...... you’ve just lost a faithful Carlton Member...... never again, I won’t even drive through Carlton anymore.... can’t wait to hear how much you fail now!!!

He came across as a genuinely nice bloke that was big on cultivating the kids. Neil Craig going and not being replaced really stung him as was evident with the win-loss count since Craig left. Aligned with poor assistant coaches and a distinct lack of decent mature bodies, including a midfield held together by a 24 year old with a bunch of kids. That the spotlight isn’t also on the rubbish assistant coaches is beyond me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this knifing of the coach when they said they wouldn't knife him is totally OUT OF CHARACTER for Chris, like when he slipped out of character to wrench Leigh Adams shoulder from its socket, go the pressure points, elbow that bloke in the face etc etc.
Absolutely this. Bet he wasn't the one who delivered the news either; absolute dog.

I'd imagine Brad Scott will be waiting anxiously by the phone, wouldn't be surprised if he gets the job or is at least spoken to by the Carlton head honchos.

It could be a poisoned chalice though with how bad Carlton are going at the moment.

Further evidence that you need an experienced AFL coach (that isn't finished like Malthouse) to get you off the very bottom of the ladder. They don't need to be your next premiership coach, just a stepping stone. The NBA does this well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have sacked Bolton - Press conference at 2.15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back