Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article in the weekend Australian (business section) on Luke Sayers. I’ll leave it to the experts to recover the story as I’m having difficulties.

Only a brief mention that he may replace mlg. More an overview of his life and work history. Seems quite impressive and genuine.

He's turning 50 and retiring from PWC, so it's a bit of a fluff piece.

Talks about his wife and family, his work at PWC, a lot of focus on his character and his strong relationship building.

Here's the bit in Carlton...

Sayers also appears to be in the box seat to replace Melbourne property developer Mark LoGiudice as Carlton Football Club president next year.

“His involvement at Carlton I think will be topped off after he leaves PwC as president of the club,” Lindsay Fox declares.

Full story here (no outline): https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bu...k/news-story/0d6df132600311b53ac81761b0344d20

it's a fair cop....
?
soloone22.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no need for sos when we have Teague
Someone still needs to sort the wheat from the chaff and fit it all in the salary cap bag.

Doesn’t really matter if they all want to play for us, still need someone to manage the list.

Someone still needs to sort the wheat from the chaff and fit it all in the salary cap bag.

Doesn’t really matter if they all want to play for us, still need someone to manage the list.

Baldy can do it- he can do anything!

Vintage Murphy

Murphy clearly is enjoying his footy a lot more since standing down as captain. He was the right leader for us during a time of great turmoil, his own game suffered a bit, but he kept a level and wise head for the young kids as we kept getting smashed by a suitcase every week.

Also stayed loyal to the club when he has a few opportunities to go more successful (on field) clubs on more money.

Sometimes it's easy to forget just how much Murphy has given to this club.

He won't be remembered as a Champion of the club, but he will be fondly regarded as a True Blue Clubman, who was always there for the club in its (our) darkest hours and gave us many years of good service.

I think he will be rightfully proud of his career in years to come when he hangs up the boots.

Latest episode hot off production!

Who are the most notorious "cult" forwards in Carlton history? We argue who might fill the forward six spots of our Carlton Cult 22 Team and discuss the latest Blues news.

What did we get right or who'd we miss?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back