Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had a choice between JSOS right now v Gunston right now who is in your team??

I could equally counter with if we had Gunston last year and he kicked 32 goals for us we would have almost won the flag.

I love SOS but he is nowhere near Gunstons level even in his current form let alone in Gunston’s peak when he routinely kicked 40+ goals a season.

I guess we will find out. JSOS goals might have something to do with him playing ruck half the game. But what would I know.

Tough comparison.

Even when he's forward SOS plays a different role. Basically never the target with C and H there and then playing ruck knocks the wind out of you.

Gunston was the Hawks main target a fair bit of the time.

I guess we will find out. JSOS goals might have something to do with him playing ruck half the game. But what would I know.
Let’s not oversell the amount of time Jack spends in the ruck when playing alongside Pitto or TDK.

He’s probably averaging about 15-20% in a normal game (ie where we don’t lose the #1 ruck to injury early).

So even if you give him a bit of an extra multiplier because of some more time spent on the bench resting after his relief rucking, let’s call it an extra 5% TOG and use the higher end ruck time of 20%.

SOS kicked 17 in 20, which is 0.85 goals per game. 125% x 0.85 is still only 1.1 per game. Even if you have him an extra 50% he’s still only at 1.3, which is way under Gunston’s 2 per game.

"the intensity has been driven by the playing group. A coaching staff that is entirely unchanged from last year has spent its off-season handing ownership of the program to its pupils. It is now reaping the rewards of that."

"Carlton's physical approach has led to some sore bodies. But the club is confident it is not the reason behind a summer in which a handful of important senior regulars have been forced to spend large chunks on the sidelines."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton crunch: Inside the AFL’s most talked about cap squeeze​

Is someone able to post this article please?
On HS website behind paywall.
Cheers.

Such a Carlton obsessed media. You would think we were the only club in the compeition. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back