Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY EMOTIONS!!

B978A6bCMAEb9fO.png

That Judd deal grinds my gears. Either let us do it, or don't.

But it's ridiculous to allow it, then take it away halfway through as it stuffs up our planning for the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUGE scoop from Ralphy. A deal that finished before the 2014 season started, and he's reporting it in February 2015.
And the HS editor chose to print the story?
GOBSMACKED!!

To be expected from a Richmond supporter! :rolleyes:

#trashtabloid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues receive five-figure cash advance from AFL

Carlton's tight finances compelled the club to receive AFL assistance in February, with the Blues having received a five-figure advance from their annual AFL distribution.

While many clubs receive advances on their multimillion-dollar annual dividend – often to make ends meet in the off-season – Carlton's need for a "small" five-figure cash injection was a direct consequence of the club's struggles in membership.

So, what? $12,543?

Enough for a coffee and a focaccia for the list and support staff at University?

Going to be very hard to bring in revenue when you don't relate to everyday people and you are missing a generation of new supporters. Powerbrokers have us on a drip feed, not enough to get us out of trouble, but enough to maintain our image as a rich man plaything and keep grass roots support away.

While they are around we struggle to take a long term progressive approach to running the club.

It feels we are being slowly strangled by a noxious weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back