Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not balanced. We're going to have one of the worst forward lines in the league.

Our forward line saviours are a guy with the worst goalkicking in the game, a guy who struggled at Footscray, or maybe a guy with terrible foot injuries who should be in the ruck anyway.

I know it's not a popular stance, but I feel like we really shouldn't pump ourselves up for 2015. I understand and appreciate enthusiasm for the new year, but the reality is this list needs a LOT of work. We should probably brace for a year that will be mediocre at best. Top 8 would be a massive achievement.

(...god I hope I get proven wrong.)

You've pretty much nailed the downside for Carlton this year - all good points you make.

The Flip side is:

Malthouse said a week ago that in his mind the forward structure is not settled

In my mind the upside for Carlton boils down to a few questions awaiting answers and for things to be better than what they appear to be for some right now

Malthouse is going to continue trying players he likes in as many roles as they can handle - Malthouse loves players who can beat their man in different positions - Nothing is settled and nor does it have to be.

Kreuzer and Casboult as a combination would have been Malthouse's Plan A - till Keruzer got injured again. Malthouse was genuinely enthusiastic about having Kreuzer fit and ready for round one.

The midfield is a LOT better looking with some pretty good deth options pushing for selection:

Judd/Murphy/Gibbs/Thomas/Everitt/Carrazzo/Bell/Boekhurst with Cripps/Whiley/Graham/Sheehan/Byrne knocking on the door

It will be interesting to see who lines up against Geelong - Watson was the first name that Malthouse mentioned in his post interview.

Nothing is settled as far as best 22 and who plays where goes.

Is there a bit more push to get our guys in the media just recently.

Would be nice although I did notice that the NAB game had a pre-match interview with Nafan Buckley, a halftime interview with Eddie Maguire and Steele Sidebottom was in the commentary box.:confused:

Lucky we won so they had to inteview Juddy after the siren.:D

He might be taking the piss, but as usual been reported out of context.

I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not out of context. Looks like your boys are going unbeaten this year :drunk:

Was clearly said in jest.

What round do you think Buckley will be sacked this year? I reckon if things go your way he will hold out until rd15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was clearly said in jest.

What round do thing Buckley will be sacked this year? I reckon if things go your way he will hold out until rd15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM will be under more pressure than Buckley this year, at least from within.
There will be a fair amount of speculation in the media over both, but the Pies have prior form in backing coaches through rebuilding phases (see MM 2004-5).
Unless there is a dramatic drop in performances that leaves us with a spoon, I can't see Buckley being dumped before his contract expires.

What round do you see Mick being booted? ;)

Not sure how this is going to work, we are going to go unbeaten but Eddie McChins has already said you guys will win the flag. :drunk:
Heh. Big difference between "could" and "will", but I'll pay you that one anyway :p

Nothing wrong with being confident and inspiring confidence which is what our fans and players need. We're definitely going in the right direction, happy times ahead as long as that doesn't change!

Mick goes whack !!

"One of the things that you must have in life is respect for your opponent and that makes you keener and harder and never lowering your guard, because the moment you have disrespect or no respect or little respect, you are the most vulnerable you can be," Malthouse said.

"So perhaps the move of Mitchell to go up there away from Carlton is the right one because, quite frankly, I wouldn't put up with and couldn't put up with anyone who does not have respect and, secondly, tells absolute porkies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sbane-lions-as-walkovers-20150324-1m6u7c.html

Mick goes whack !!

"One of the things that you must have in life is respect for your opponent and that makes you keener and harder and never lowering your guard, because the moment you have disrespect or no respect or little respect, you are the most vulnerable you can be," Malthouse said.

"So perhaps the move of Mitchell to go up there away from Carlton is the right one because, quite frankly, I wouldn't put up with and couldn't put up with anyone who does not have respect and, secondly, tells absolute porkies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sbane-lions-as-walkovers-20150324-1m6u7c.html

Well said MM. Annoyed that Wayne Hughes thought so much of this clown that we would have taken him with pick 22 (the pick we gave up for Warnock) when we landed him for pick 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back