Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's obviously after the 'Daicos tax', where unless he is 20% better than any other player on the ground, he's seen to have a down game.

Just as an example, best players as per the match report on AFL.COM:
View attachment 2141199
So you are saying my opinion is wrong by sending me someone else's opinion...? Brilliant stuff

You just make stuff up lol. Carlton offered a big deal to Hayward during the year - how would you suppose we did that if we had this full salary cap?
The same way Collingwood believed they could afford Tom Lynch back in the day - optimistic forward planning. The Blues probably made an offer based on the hopeful scenario they could offload some players at the end of the year.

So based on this article, it was Carlton 192 to Collingwood 176 to 'best 22'.

And they mentioned Jordan Boyd!

So how does that make Carlton more impacted when we consider the analysis I shared earlier re: large numbers of games missed by their best 15 players (which therefore takes the subjective essence out of who is in and who is out of each team's best 22)?
U discounting Jordan Boyd from our best 22 just shows u are indeed, clueless.

Were the coaches "better placed" when McRae gave Daicos 5 votes for his game against us despite not being in the top 5 players on the ground? How many votes did Daicos win the award by again?
Carlton supporters still going with this? It has been established by many sources that Nick was one of the top performers on the ground (supported by umpires, news articles, other vote sources).

What’s dodgier than McRae giving Daicos 5 when he wasn’t BOG was Voss giving Daicos 0 when he clearly was at least top 5.

Fly had Daicos as the best player on the ground.

AFL.COM had Daicos as at least Collingwood's best player.

Two more reputable sources than 'Carlton_99 on BigFooty'.
Carlton supporters still going with this? It has been established by many sources that Nick was one of the top performers in the ground (supported by umpires, news articles, other vote sources).

What’s dodgier than McRae giving Daicos 5 when he wasn’t BOG was Voss giving Daicos 0 when he clearly was at least top 5.
I don't agree he was top 5 - I named 6 players that were better on the night. Umpires only care about midfielders and are not going to recognise the likes of Weitering, Cameron and Moore on the night.

Pity the coaches, who are better placed to assess the game's best players, didn't agree with the umpires.

As good as Cripps' 2024 was, Daicos was right there with him, and therefore comfortably ahead when assessing the past two years in totality.
Daicos wasn't right there with him though was he ?
It was as comfortable as it gets for brownlows. I can't even recall there being a bigger margin either.
It's like saying Collibgwood was better in 2024, trying to convince all that it happened, and then realising that it actually didn't. Oh well, Nick might catch him next year if he is good enough

Last edited:
Carlton supporters still going with this? It has been established by many sources that Nick was one of the top performers in the ground (supported by umpires, news articles, other vote sources).

13 of his touches were ineffective and he was completely invisible in the 2nd half when Crippa started going berserk...

If he was in the best 3 players on the ground we may as well give him the next 20 coaches awards now and save ourselves from Flys weekly farcical votes

I don't agree he was top 5 - I named 6 players that were better on the night. Umpires only care about midfielders and are not going to recognise the likes of Weitering, Cameron and Moore on the night.
Daicos averaged 2.5 votes per coach from that game - is that really insane? He played a great game. Not phenomenal. He wasn’t BOG, but he was on the podium.

Daicos wasn't right there with him though was he ?
It was as comfortable as it gets for brownlows. I can't even recall there being a bigger margin either.
It's like saying Collibgwood was better in 2024, trying to convince all that it happened, and then realising that it actually didn't. Oh well, Nick might catch I'm next year of he is good enough
Sick burn.

Cripps in the prime of his career; Daicos a 3rd year player.

Daicos already has 1 more of the most prized medal available than Cripps - will Cripps ever catch Daicos on that front?

13 of his touches were ineffective and he was completely invisible in the 2nd half when Crippa started going berserk...

If he was in the best 3 players on the ground we may as well give him the next 20 coaches awards now and save ourselves from Flys weekly farcical votes
Another completely unbiased opinion here, folks...

Yeah playing for Carlton destroyed poor old Fev's life. He just couldn't cope with it.

Carlton should do the right thing and trade Cripps to a club that can contend for a flag. He deserves a chance to become a premiership player. Cruel of Carlton to retain him and deny him the opportunity.

Cripps just doesn’t have what it takes to play for a premiership contender, he’s better suited as the big fish in a small pond where his above average ability stands out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos averaged 2.5 votes per coach from that game - is that really insane? He played a great game. Not phenomenal. He wasn’t BOG, but he was on the podium.
Using an average when there are only two voters (one giving him 5 and one giving him 0) isn't very informative.

Selective bias. Where was Crippa in the first half when Nick was going berserk? You know there are two halves, don’t you?

Standard Carlton hypocrisy when we’ve got the same supporters celebrating Cripps’ Brownlow night potting disposal efficiency when there were games such as Cripps’ games against Essendon and Port where he polled with comical kicking efficiency.

Cripps just doesn’t have what it takes to play for a premiership contender, he’s better suited as the big fish in a small pond where his above average ability stands out.
Who came 2nd to Nick in collingwoods brownlow count again ? Please remind me how far back that player was ( assuming it was around 30 votes)
Big fish , little pond and all....

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back