Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats so sweet. Your hurt is deep. It is cutting at you. The fact you go down the 'fluke' line shows just how much you are hurting. You are trying to rationalise it. Its ok. I understand your pain, it has been driven by your complete lack of success in the modern era. This pain translates into jealousy and envy and the need to look for excuses when the team you despise succeeds whilst you flounder.
Cute. I couldn't give two stuffs about Collingwood. I prefer to look at the more successful teams like Geelong and Hawthorn in the hopes my team can achieve the ultimate. Those clubs I envy.

May happen. May not. But at least my standards a high. Unlike the imaginary "Silver medals" you lot love to boast about.

The amount of drivel much of your mob post here. That shall keep me amused until the new footy season arrives. Keep at it bub.

We still made finals though.
Yes - you limped into the finals with 2 wins against the bottom 2 teams in the last 8 games.
Losing 6/8 and being humiliated in the finals was very reassuring to the rest of the competition that Carlton are still pretenders.

Last edited:
Yes - you limped into the finals with 2 wins against the bottom 2 teams in the last 8 games.
Losing 6/8 and being humiliated in the finals was very reassuring to the rest of the competition that Carlton are just pretenders.
We still made finals though.

Cute. I couldn't give two stuffs about Collingwood. I prefer to look at the more successful teams like Geelong and Hawthorn in the hopes my team can achieve the ultimate. Those clubs I envy.

May happen. May not. But at least my standards a high. Unlike the imaginary "Silver medals" you lot love to boast about.

The amount of drivel much of your mob post here. That shall keep me amused until the new footy season arrives. Keep at it bub.

Oh, you are consumed by Collingwood, we eat at you. You are hurting. You look for every excuse as to why Collingwood should not have the flags in recent years that Carlton long for.

Which is one more than Collingwood.

Their midfield also monsters Collingwoods.
Really - I’ll take Moore Maynard Houston Quaynor and Howe over all the spuds accept for Weitering.
As to a superior midfield- Coll won all clearances accept stoppage clearances in the last game.
We won both games this season so that’s all that matters.

Last edited:
Carlton using its comically easy fixture to register a higher place than Collingwood by % doesn’t bode well for the club in their race with Collingwood in 2025

The last time Carlton registered consecutive higher place finishes than Collingwood, film fans were awaiting the release of the first Harry Potter film, Ricky Gervais leapt into stardom with the release of The Office, the first iPod was on the cusp of being released and Sam Walsh was likely beginning to speak his first words.

Really - I’ll take Moore Maynard Quaynor and Howe over all the spuds accept for Weitering.

Moore gets goals kicked on him every week. and multiple.

Quaynor - Come on mate. Dopped off massively this year. Saad is a better player at the moment.

Maynard is a solid player - hes the good defender here.

Howe is hard to gauge consdiering age. Haynes and Howe cancel each other out in the repsective backlines.

Quaynor - Come on mate. Dopped off massively this year. Saad is a better player at the moment.

Howe is hard to gauge consdiering age. Haynes and Howe cancel each other out in the repsective backlines.
Carlton’s equivalent to Quaynor is Boyd. Quaynor clears by the Flem strait

Saad is their Houston. A worse player. Their Maynard equivalent is Kemp.

Howe clears Haynes by so much it isn’t funny. Stop looking at age and look at ability.

Which is one more than Collingwood.

Their midfield also monsters Collingwoods.
Shite.

Our forward line must be amazing in that case if we've contended for the premiership in 4 of the past 7 years (to Carlton's zero), and have beaten Carlton in every recent meaningful game we've played....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which 4 defenders do Carlton have that are better than Moore Maynard Houston and IQ - I think I hear crickets.

You had a player who was off his chops associating with a known convicted felon waving a gun outside of a car over Bolte Bridge. On top of DeGoey... ok, let's talk standards shall we ?
Triggered much?
Didn't know you were so emotionally attached to Owies. Does he remind you of yourself or something?

I thought the thread title was about Carlton winning the "race" in 2024. Correct. Undeniable really. Thread title says it. Also based on ladder positions, the fact we at least played in a final and the other, the loser for 2024 between the 2, being Collingwood, well, they did NOT!

So based on the above it would be fair to say that Carlton would go in ahead of Collingwood at the start of the 25 season, unless something miraculous happens in the off season to change that position.
Still with me Magpie fans. I hope so.
So to bridge the gap, Collingwood replace their 27yo fairly average hbf in Noble, for a shiny upgrade, in Dan Houston, also 27yo, so no real change there other than quality of player. Concede the upgrade there. Perryman. Decent pick up also, but is it enough to get ahead of the Blues in 25, let alone bridge the gap between finishing 9th or 10th or wherever they finished, to winning the flag, which they have openly admitted they are doing. They also got rid of 1 of their better 23/24yo (which you don't really have many of) in Joe Richards.

What else did ya get?

According to the AFL review of trade week, absolutely nothing except a bleak future, unless you think any future, high quality free agents will want to come to a bottom 8 side, coz ya won't have any draft capital at all either.

Anyway, I digress.

Are the above changes enough to lift the lowly Collingwood above Carlton in 2025? Hmm. Wouldn't bet on it and I am a gambling man

So, ideally, Carlton wouldn't really need to do much, other than keep their multiple game winners on the park at the same time, maybe add a top3 generational young mid, to fit in with our other young star mids (as opposed to Collingwood mids who are all, bar the Daicos boys, really ready for retirement - Pendles 37 Sidebottom 34, Mitchell 32 Crisp 31 JDG 29. And that's just the midfield. Sorry, I forgot about the likes of Jack Bytel, Ed Allan, wil Parker, Sullivan etc, who will take over) Good luck with that.
I won't mention the forward line either in Mihocek 32, Elliott 32, Cox 34, McStay on the park (not) 30.
But wait. There's more! They still have in their arsenal, just waiting to use these guns when their current guns expire. The likes of
Harvey Harrison, Reef McInnes, Ned Long, Harry Demattia, Tew Jiath, Jakob Ryan, Josh Eyre,
Josh Carmichael. Let's not also forget the likes of Ash Johnson who has played as many games as he is old (27). Frampton 27yo, played 58games. Freddie Krueger 25yo played 15 games. All those stars the Maggie's have , keeping these gems waiting in the wings. They must have been mature aged recruits. Well get use to em, coz that's all you'll be getting in the future and of the same quality.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Too long.
Is there an audible version?

Carlton’s equivalent to Quaynor is Boyd. Quaynor clears by the Flem strait

Saad is their Houston. A worse player. Their Maynard equivalent is Kemp.

Howe clears Haynes by so much it isn’t funny. Stop looking at age and look at ability.

Interesting comment.

Haynes averages more than Howe in a number of key stats. Kicks, Marks, rebound 50s etc.

Also two years younger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back