Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrighty another great Carlton Premiership saviour. Add him to the list of Judd, Malthouse, Cook etc etc etc who were bringing Carlton Premiership glory. We will soon add him to the scrapheap of those who failed to bring them premiership fame.

All of a sudden Wright is washed up and useless.
FmD. Never ever change

I am not saying Wright is washed up and useless. I am saying Carlton are washed up and useless.

Wait until they find out who authorised the Schultz trade at Collingwood that they mercilessly mock 💀

McRae would've demanded it - he's on record saying he doesn't like the draft.

No footy manager could say no to a coach coming off a PF & Premiership, which is fair enough.

No idea about Wright, Cooks been slightly underwhelming for mine - but still an improvement on the last bloke, I reckon it's impossible to not check out in some capacity when you have an end date, and he came into the gig with an end date in mind.

So was it a good trade or not ? Make up your mind, please
It was a bad trade based on the fact he was set to be a free agent this year. He could have been had for free potentially which means we gave up the picks to have him for a flag tilt this year. That decision was a bust.

I am glad to have him for the future, however. The improvement in forward half pressure by a few of our players, namely Schultz as the new recruit enabled our forward group to be as efficient as any other in the league. I am very confident in our forward line giving us the best chance of success in the coming years.

Last edited:
McRae would've demanded it - he's on record saying he doesn't like the draft.

No footy manager could say no to a coach coming off a PF & Premiership, which is fair enough.

No idea about Wright, Cooks been slightly underwhelming for mine - but still an improvement on the last bloke, I reckon it's impossible to not check out in some capacity when you have an end date, and he came into the gig with an end date in mind.
Wright is a Collingwood man. His appointment at Carlton has Malthouse vibes.
That plan worked beautifully. Expecting similar results from this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s certainly not useless.

But he is worn out.
Nah he’s fresh as a Daisy!

carlton blues celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

Meh who cares about soft half back flanker Houston.

We got Wright, suck shit Pies!!1
You're replacing a 30-year veteran CEO, one who has overseen 5 premierships and is only a couple of years into the job, with an untried rookie CEO and think it's awesome?

I'd openly admit to frustration if Wright was onboarding as footy boss, but this feels like a step backwards.

Seems like Cook couldn't get out of there fast enough. Wonder how long Wright will stick around for til he starts to smell what you're cooking?

Did he secure Nick Daicos & pay those favorable umpiring decisions all through the finals?

If yes, then he did an outstanding job.
Yep.

He was even influential in establishing the father son rule that eventuated in us getting Daicos at the discounted rate.

But good to see you acknowledging how important Daicos was to our premiership team.

He is not going there to recruit.
Can't have it both ways on this sorry.
It reflects his judgement.
What have you all been saying about the recruitment of Schultz? Wright is the guy who did it.
If Schultz is a spud that we way overpaid for and didn't need like you've been saying all year; well congratulations you've recruited the guy who did it.

You're replacing a 30-year veteran CEO, one who has overseen 5 premierships and is only a couple of years into the job, with an untried rookie CEO and think it's awesome?
You're (potentially) replacing awesome draft picks with a 28 year old half back flanker and you think it's awesome :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back