Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Um no. Since the afl began pies 3 flags and tigers 3 flags. They are equal. Tigers 3 flags in quick succession has been offset by decades of loserdom.
We pick our own timeframes in this thread mate like Carlton 8 flags since 1968.

Given they have a traditional round 1 fixture against Richmond, there's a likely double up and therefore immediate leg up there...
Not necessarily; eg we play Essendon round one then no double up. Which is unfortunate as they are all good start of year and poo after june

I'm not sure getting rid of Hodge, Lewis, Gunston, Mitchell, Birchall and then recruiting Mitchell, O'Meara and Vickery to replace them was "genius"
Minor correction not responsible for Gunston as he left for 2023 season and wright left 2021

If anyone expected that missing 17 games a season would be 'the normal from now on', said player would not be on Collingwood's list.

Unlike Carlton, we don't accept a player likely missing 75% of the season through injury as 'normal'.
Said player getting on and with his body and playing style could be on the way to a pension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's my other favourite Carlton numerology too.
I also like failing to finish in the top 4 for 24 consecutive years. It takes a special club to accomplish that.
Yeah, I honestly don't think you could do that if you set out to.

That's a lot of wasted careers for talented high draft picks...

Well hawthorn have been the most successful club of the modern era, and since the Hawks first flag in 1961 the flag tally looks like this.

Hawthorn 13
Carlton 8
Richmond 8
Essendon 6
Geelong 5
North Melbourne 4
West Coast Eagles 4
Brisbane Lions 4
Collingwood 3
Melbourne Demons 2
Adelaide Crows 2
Sydney Swans 2
St Kilda 1
Western Bulldogs 1
Port Adelaide 1

The Pies still don't even have as much as half a dozen flags.:laughv1: I suppose it only tells half the story as well though.

Hawthorn for all the success they've enjoyed in that time, are still only a mid tier club in terms of overall stature and profile imo.

Throw in Judd, Fevola, Cripps, Curnow and McKay.

Such a waste.

No wonder Fev went so far off the rails...
Yeah playing for Carlton destroyed poor old Fev's life. He just couldn't cope with it.

Carlton should do the right thing and trade Cripps to a club that can contend for a flag. He deserves a chance to become a premiership player. Cruel of Carlton to retain him and deny him the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back