Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A rundown of Collingwood fans logic this off-season:

you think you're capable of contending? you're so far off it's not funny
you're trying to get a good draft pick? but your window is NOW!
you should trade cripps, he is 30 next year!
so what if half our best 22 is over 30? i'd rather be good than young!

etc etc

Clearly say i don't like Carlton but they are in a much better position than Pies.
Really?

Is that why they only finished ahead of us on percentage as a result of their double up games against the two worst teams in the competition, and lost to us twice in 2024?

And the only other time that they've finished ahead of us in the last decade was when we capitulated to 17th spot?

And they haven't contended for a flag in a quarter of a century?

But Richmond/Carlton - misery needs company.

A rundown of Collingwood fans logic this off-season:

you think you're capable of contending? you're so far off it's not funny
you're trying to get a good draft pick? but your window is NOW!
you should trade cripps, he is 30 next year!
so what if half our best 22 is over 30? i'd rather be good than young!

etc etc
I'd like to see a single post where any Collingwood fan has seriously suggested that Carlton should trade Cripps.

Really?

Is that why they only finished ahead of us on percentage as a result of their double up games against the two worst teams in the competition, and lost to us twice in 2024?

And the only other time that they've finished ahead of us in the last decade was when we capitulated to 17th spot?

Yes the scum have a better list than your shit heap. Time will prove this when you miss finals again next year.

Really?

The two games we played the Pies came down to the last kick of the day and Blues looked better in both, if it wasn't for 20 injuries we would've finished well clear of the Pies but i rather liked how close it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me , what's the difference between Owies, and say, Treloar
Treloar is a gun mid we signed up to a fat contract we couldn't fulfill, and has proved his worth at 3 clubs. He would've stayed but we cocked up the contract. Defo worth top dollar but we got excited after 2018 and signed up too many too long, and then COVID nixed the supposed cap increase we were counting on.

Owies is a massive club man who farts way higher than his arse, and puts in when the team is firing or flopping. He'd be on 500 tops, maybe less, that's (like John Noble) extreme value for money. You don't want to lose blokes like that.

Treloar is a gun mid we signed up to a fat contract we couldn't fulfill, and has proved his worth at 3 clubs. He would've stayed but we cocked up the contract. Defo worth top dollar but we got excited after 2018 and signed up too many too long, and then COVID nixed the supposed cap increase we were counting on.

Owies is a massive club man who farts way higher than his arse, and puts in when the team is firing or flopping. He'd be on 500 tops, maybe less, that's (like John Noble) extreme value for money. You don't want to lose blokes like that.
Noble was on 400k at Collingwood. Suns have offered 600k . No wonder he left.

His value to Carlton (best small forward, 60 goals over 2 years) is much greater than his value in the open market.

You really don't get this list management thing, do you?
So you think his 600k plus salary demand is all good and well.
You don't really get this salary cap management thing, do you ?

I 100% believe it's a family matter, and sacrosanct. I would be disappointed in the club if we didn't make it happen. Same as the Nick Davis trade to Sydney, it can be unders because family comes first.
They've just bought a house up there for 2.5 mill courtesy of a gesture from her grandfather who just sold his last 30% share of PFD for close to 1 billion. He has lucked into a wealthy family old mate John, and what ever she says, goes

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back