Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'sick burn' from a Carlton supporter:

'Your team won a premiership 12 months ago, and here's my I'll informed wish about what will happen to your club in another 12 months'....
You didn't like my post mate? lol

If it gives you false hope for 2025 and beyond, I'm all for it.

'Yes, it was indeed a brave fightback from Carlton when all hope looked lost in the Elimination Final. They should use that performance and enter 2025 brimming with confidence'.
Well Kane has just made us trade week period premiers so anything could happen

Baker on the verge as Blues lauded​

Liam Baker will get his move to West Coast today in a multi-team trade centred around the Eagles splitting pick No.3.
The dual premiership player will end up at West Coast alongside Carlton’s Matt Owies and pick No.12.
Richmond will settle on pick No.14 from the Blues, who will finish the trade holding pick No.3 - a significant win for a team already in finals contention.
“This is one of the all-time trades from the Blues. This is amazing. They have worked their way from 14 to three,” Kane Cornes said on Trade Radio.
“I love what they have done this trade period. What are West Coast doing?
“Carlton for me, along with Richmond, as it is shaping, have won the trade period.”

Silvagni, Martin and Cottrell in Carlton's top 15 players...

No wonder you haven't contended for a quarter of a century!

This is how you continually out yourself as a troll.

You've put Mason Cox in your top 15 players, despite the bloke being a well-known spud who has battled to be a regular in the senior side through his entire career, but providing a caveat because he is "structurally important".

We put Jack Silvagni, who is our only viable 3rd tall/relief ruck option who has been in the seniors regularly since we've started winning more games, and you disregard it, providing zero support in your rebuttal.

You talk as if Jack Martin isn't in our top 15 based on ability and on-field output (when he actually plays) - just a shocking take. It's why a top club like Geelong are willing to snap him up to see if they can get his body right.

Cottrell is our only defensive wingman who can use the ball & kick goals - once again very important to us structurally when he is fit and firing.

So, put this to bed and give me your top 15 Carlton players? Based on the players & their games missed I've provided vs. Collingwoods, we were once again way worse off.

You're embarrassing yourself but it's your turn now.

This is how you continually out yourself as a troll.

You've put Mason Cox in your top 15 players, despite the bloke being a well-known spud who has battled to be a regular in the senior side through his entire career, but providing a caveat because he is "structurally important".

We put Jack Silvagni, who is our only viable 3rd tall/relief ruck option who has been in the seniors regularly since we've started winning more games, and you disregard it, providing zero support in your rebuttal.

You talk as if Jack Martin isn't in our top 15 based on ability and on-field output (when he actually plays) - just a shocking take. It's why a top club like Geelong are willing to snap him up to see if they can get his body right.

Cottrell is our only defensive wingman who can use the ball & kick goals - once again very important to us structurally when he is fit and firing.

So, put this to bed and give me your top 15 Carlton players? Based on the players & their games missed I've provided vs. Collingwoods, we were once again way worse off.

You're embarrassing yourself but it's your turn now.
Unlike most Carlton supporters, I don't have 35 players in their best 22, and therefore 25 players in their best 15.

And if Mason Cox is a 'spud', when he's kicked as many goals in a single quarter of a final (on multiple occasions) as Charlie Curnow has kicked in his entire career in finals, where does that leave Curnow?

Geez, Blues managing to pull off moves for now AND the future.

Pick 3 likely to come in and make an immediate impact improving us, along with being a 10+ year senior player.

Leppitsch looking way out of his depth dicking around lowballing Port & getting nothing done.

Could very well end the trade period with acquiring Perryman on a seriously overpriced contract, whilst losing Noble & Richards for peanuts, with no 1st round pick to boot.

This is meant to improve them?

Geez, Blues managing to pull off moves for now AND the future.

Pick 3 likely to come in and make an immediate impact improving us, along with being a 10+ year senior player.

Leppitsch looking way out of his depth dicking around lowballing Port & getting nothing done.

Could very well end the trade period with acquiring Perryman on a seriously overpriced contract, whilst losing Noble & Richards for peanuts, with no 1st round pick to boot.

This is meant to improve them?
As Cornes and Lyon have pointed out the primary reason Port withdrew from the proposed trade was to avoid handing Houston over to a legitimate premiership contender.

Thems the brakes when you're a powerhouse.

You do realise you can just look this up, instead of just making up crap.

Carlton v Pies top 10 picks in last 25 years

#1s, Baggers 5, Pies 0
#2s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#3s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#4s, Baggers 2, Pies 1
#5s, Baggers 0, Pies 2
#6s, Baggers 2, Pies 2
#7s, NA
#8s, Baggers 0, Pies 1
#9s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#10s, Baggers 2, Pies 3

Baggers have more - 14 to 12, and the Baggers picks are all the high value where Pies are pick 10s.

No wonder Baggers have been rubbish when this is all they got for their picks.

#1 Walsh
#3 Dow
# 10 O'Brien
#6 SPS
#1 Weiterz
#10 Harry
#6 Yaz
#1 Krooze
#1 Gibbs
#1 Murph
#4 JK
#9 J.Russ
#2 1AW
#4 Livingston

Keep battling Worm

Geez these Pies fans are hilarious.

'Collingwood had the worst injuries in the league'
'Carlton had more top 10 players injured'
'yeah but what about top 15?!?!?'

'Carlton have had so many 1st rounders it's a joke"
'Collingwood have had jsut as many'
'yeah but your 1st rounders were earlier!!!'

So, you can't post your top 15?
Carlton's top 15:
Cripps
Weitering
Curnow
Walsh
McKay
De Koning
Newman
Acres
Saad
Hewett
McGovern
Docherty
Cerra
E. Hollands
Kennedy

(Though for the last two players you could take your pick from half a dozen. I've avoided perennially injured players).

But boy, your list really does drop away after the first 13 - no wonder you're nowhere near premiership contention...

Geez these Pies fans are hilarious.

'Collingwood had the worst injuries in the league'
'Carlton had more top 10 players injured'
'yeah but what about top 15?!?!?'

'Carlton have had so many 1st rounders it's a joke"
'Collingwood have had jsut as many'
'yeah but your 1st rounders were earlier!!!'
You might need a few more edits to clean this up, but Pies supporters deal in facts, not lies that are the go to for Carlton folk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's top 15:
Cripps
Weitering
Curnow
Walsh
McKay
De Koning
Newman
Acres
Saad
Hewett
McGovern
Docherty
Cerra
E. Hollands
Kennedy

(Though for the last two players you could take your pick from half a dozen. I've avoided perennially injured players).

But boy, your list really does drop away after the first 13 - no wonder you're nowhere near premiership contention...

So you've just openly admitted to skewing your list to suit your agenda.

Boy oh boy, wowee.

As Cornes and Lyon have pointed out the primary reason Port withdrew from the proposed trade was to avoid handing Houston over to a legitimate premiership contender.

Thems the brakes when you're a powerhouse.

Nah, was one of the reasons they suspected Port pulled out.

The trade was crap for Port.
Your list manager is out of his depth.
You have no football manager during trade week.
You gave up pick 10 this year in a superdraft for Lachie Schutlz
You're about to fumble the Houston deal
You still have no decent picks
You've lost Noble - a good battler
You're about to lose Joe Richards - one of your only half decent youngsters
You finished 9th

But all good - big Perryman is coming in to save the day.

I heard a Collingwood fan say that missing Houston isn't that big a deal, as you can shift Sidebottom there - seems like it could be a good move, he might be due for a breakout year that kid.

Nah, was one of the reasons they suspected Port pulled out.

The trade was crap for Port.
Your list manager is out of his depth.
You have no football manager during trade week.
You gave up pick 10 this year in a superdraft for Lachie Schutlz
You're about to fumble the Houston deal
You still have no decent picks
You've lost Noble - a good battler
You're about to lose Joe Richards - one of your only half decent youngsters
You finished 9th

But all good - big Perryman is coming in to save the day.

I heard a Collingwood fan say that missing Houston isn't that big a deal, as you can shift Sidebottom there - seems like it could be a good move, he might be due for a breakout year that kid.
Meanwhile, Carlton have gone all in on the 'Superdraft' to move up to pick 3 (which will be pick 4), to ruin another innocent young kid's football career...

Meanwhile, Carlton have gone all in on the 'Superdraft' to move up to pick 3 (which will be pick 4), to ruin another innocent young kid's football career...

Being lauded amongst all media pundits as great hustle. I'm sure you'll do some 'analysis' to tell us why it's not though.

I don't reckon we've had an early pick coming off 13 & 14 wins respectively - always got them when we were rock bottom. As I said, should come in and make an immediate impact.

Meanwhile its tick-tock for Collingwood to grab the messiah Houston.

So you've just openly admitted to skewing your list to suit your agenda.

Boy oh boy, wowee.
Not at all.

The better performed players are the better performed players.

Someone like E. Hollands produced more to Carlton in his first year than the likes of Martin has in his entire time at Carlton.

Who would be different in your top 15? Who goes out for Silvagni?

Owies officially an Eagle.

I can picture it now....

Owies grabbing at his jumper kicking the sealer in the final home and away round against Carlton with 10 seconds to go, enabling West Coast to leapfrog Carlton into 17th position and resigning Carlton to another wooden spoon.

Owies officially an Eagle.

I can picture it now....

Owies grabbing at his jumper kicking the sealer in the final home and away round against Carlton with 10 seconds to go, enabling West Coast to leapfrog Carlton into 17th position and resigning Carlton to another wooden spoon.
Thought we were finishing 14th (with a range of 7th - 15th) - are we extending this to 7th - 18th now? That's now two-thirds of the ladder as your prediction...

Thought we were finishing 14th (with a range of 7th - 15th) - are we extending this to 7th - 18th now? That's now two-thirds of the ladder as your prediction...
I made that prediction before you lost Owies and announced to the world you realised you don't have the list to contend and are focussing on the medium to long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back