Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Uh-huh! Sure! Go off Mr. Crystal Ball.

Got to give something to get something. That is how trading works.

Can't be labelling them 'best small forward' and 'good midfielder' when all you lot do is talk smack about them.

If they were what you claimed to be, your beloved filth would've (or at the very least should've) been all over them, as they fill two of a few of your team's most desperate needs.
You honestly think Kennedy and Owies would get a game at Collingwood, let alone 'fill two of our team's most desperate needs'?

My goodness.

One of those clubs to which you refer hasn't contended for a flag in more than two decades
The sad thing is that is all you have to hang your hat on. That flukey flag.

Here is the reality dear. Only one team can win it every year. Most teams are going to have droughts. But eventually they'll come to an end and new ones come about.

Try all you like. But if you think I envy your mob, think again. 3 times in around 63 years. Pretty sad really. I personally am wanting more than that myself.

Can't be labelling them 'best small forward' and 'good midfielder' when all you lot do is talk smack about them.

If they were what you claimed to be, your beloved filth would've (or at the very least should've) been all over them, as they fill two of a few of your team's most desperate needs.
You literally gave up two best 23 players and this year's first rounder plus next year's first and second rounder for pick 3! 🤣
Pies have desperate need for a small forward and a decent but not outstanding midfielder???? Ok bud whatever you say👍

So Carlton recruit a cooked 32 year old key defender then lose their best small forward, then lose a quality midfielder, then trade 2 first rounders for one.

Can one of you Bloosers explain to me how that makes you a better team?
Yeah baffling.

Kennedy finished top10 in their BnF and won best clubman award, but moved on and not replaced with any senior talent.

Owies one of only 3 Carlton players to kick more than 17 goals, but moved on and not replaced with any senior talent.

They also finally gave up on three senior guys - Martin, Cunningham Marchbank - who were always injured, but all got on the park when Carlton had their good run in back half of 2023.

For a team who has been building for 10 years since SOS was brought in...2025 list looks weaker than 2023-24 list.

Poor Crippa needs help, not more kids to carry.

The sad thing is that is all you have to hang your hat on. That flukey flag.

Here is the reality dear. Only one team can win it every year. Most teams are going to have droughts. But eventually they'll come to an end and new ones come about.

Try all you like. But if you think I envy your mob, think again. 3 times in around 63 years. Pretty sad really. I personally am wanting more than that myself.
'A flukey flag'.

Pies have contended for the premiership on NINE SEPARATE OCCASIONS since Carlton last have, and we're extremely unlucky not to have more than the two flags than we've won in that time.

But 'one flukey flag'...

And premiership droughts don't always have to come to an end.... they're harder to win now than ever.

Yeah baffling.

Kennedy finished top10 in their BnF and won best clubman award, but moved on and not replaced with any senior talent.

Owies one of only 3 Carlton players to kick more than 17 goals, but moved on and not replaced with any senior talent.

They also finally gave up on three senior guys - Martin, Cunningham Marchbank - who were always injured, but all got on the park when Carlton had their good run in back half of 2023.

For a team who has been building for 10 years since SOS was brought in...2025 list looks weaker than 2023-24 list.

This has Graham Wrights fingerprints all over it.
Love u Wrighty!

You literally gave up two best 23 players and this year's first rounder plus next year's first and second rounder for pick 3! 🤣
Pies have desperate need for a small forward and a decent but not outstanding midfielder???? Ok bud whatever you say👍

So strange that you nuffs only rate the players after they leave.

Chest-puffing about 2025 picks is laughable when there is always the following draft to trade back into it (not to mention the potential plans to allow clubs to trade two deafts ahead). And even if it did mean something, the last people who should be going off about this would be Collingwood supporters who blew their furture picks on Schultz and a HBF.

You best hope something miraculous happens because there COULD very well be a cliff edge approaching. Reminds me of North when their players were forced to retire en masse.

'A flukey flag'.

Pies have contended for the premiership on NINE SEPARATE OCCASIONS since Carlton last have, and we're extremely unlucky not to have more than the two flags than we've won in that time.

But 'one flukey flag'...

And premiership droughts don't always have to come to an end.... they're harder to win now than ever.
Ah... yes.

Everything has a start and an end.
That is how life works bub.

Extremely unlucky? Nah. Just not good enough. But sure, whatever feeds your delusion.

So strange that you nuffs only rate the players after they leave.

Chest-puffing about 2025 picks is laughable when there is always the following draft to trade back into it (not to mention the potential plans to allow clubs to trade two deafts ahead). And even if it did mean something, the last people who should be going off about this would be Collingwood supporters who blew their furture picks on Schultz and a HBF.

You best hope something miraculous happens because there COULD very well be a cliff edge approaching. Reminds me of North when their players were forced to retire en masse.
Kennedy has always been decent. Owies was a spud until this year and then you geniuses decided to shove him out the door 🤣.
I rate them as best 22 Carlton players just like your match committee did. Are you saying they weren't?

I wouldn't ever have wanted either at Collingwood though.

Last edited:
Kennedy has always been decent. Owies was a spud until this year and then you geniuses decided to shove him out the door 🤣.
I rate them as best 22 Carlton players just like your match committee did. Are you day Ng they weren't?

I wouldn't ever have wanted either at Collingwood though.
He's always been a spud and still is. WCE got fleeced.

Just happened to be on the receiving end of a strong midfield and teams sending 20 blokes to Curnow and Mckay so he got to bob up for a goal here and there while they focused on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chances are one will finish top 10 when they are 1 of very few players to be fit and available for every game. Still 6th to 7th in the pecking order these last two years.
You do know there is an entire DFA and SSP period still yet to play out right? Not everything is a trade.
Three injury-prone players.

Two of them only averaging 6-7 games across 8-9 seasons. The other 10-11 games in 5.

All of a sudden, they are the POD in the club's chances at success?

The 2025 list is not yet finalised. Exactly what are you basing it being weaker on?

Cripps has always needed help. But thinking a small-medium forward, a 7th-string midfielder and three players who could barely get on the park were the solution is nothing short of absurd.

Last edited:

Small forwards who can’t defend and ordinary depth mids are two of our most desperate needs?

I think I'd rather a club with a good sense of balance. Thinking of both now and the future.

Addressing holes, easing that "slaray cap bursting at the seams", investing in one of these 10 to 15 players as well as banking points for father sons.

Compared to...

An ageing list, who tries so hard to imitate Geelong. Glaring forward and key back deficiencies, instead throwing all their investments on half-back flankers and sacrificing their future before heavily compromised drafts and an incoming expansion team engulfing much of the future talent.

I know which strategy I'd prefer.
Oh dear. Let’s compare to Carlton

An ageing list - tick (would like to imitate Geelong and Collingwood in winning a premiership but haven’t)
Glaring forward and key back deficiencies - tick
Throwing all their investments on back flankers - tick (Williams, Saad)
Sacrificing their future - tick (2x 1sts, 1x 2nd and their third top goal kicker for one unknown)

Apparently the heavily compromised Tassie drafts will only affect Collingwood and not any other club 🤣

You had a player who was off his chops associating with a known convicted felon waving a gun outside of a car over Bolte Bridge. On top of DeGoey... ok, let's talk standards shall we ?
It's a shame there isn't a correlation between personality and winning premierships

An ageing list - tick (would like to imitate Geelong and Collingwood in winning a premiership but haven’t)
Sacrificing their future - tick (2x 1sts, 1x 2nd and their third top goal kicker for one unknown)

Apparently the heavily compromised Tassie drafts will only affect Collingwood and not any other club 🤣
We have 3 NGAs to bring on board next year I'm sure the 3rd rounders they accumulate points for will be just fine

Owies officially an Eagle.

I can picture it now....

Owies grabbing at his jumper kicking the sealer in the final home and away round against Carlton with 10 seconds to go, enabling West Coast to leapfrog Carlton into 17th position and resigning Carlton to another wooden spoon.
Please let this be prophecy

Williams and Saad? Let me know when you reach 2024.

"One Unknown" - Funny way of saying top 10 pick (and potential pick one fancy) in a superdraft. No mention of getting a 2nd back either. Talk about cherry-picking.

Smarter clubs are all about preparing for what lies ahead by going hard now with the draft before Tassie and all the acadmemy players arrive. But you stick with your 'we want players, not picks' mob. There is absolutely no chance it could backfire.

'A flukey flag'.

But 'one flukey flag'...

You hang on there. I'm sure Houston will help your Dad's Army stay relevant for at least 6 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back