Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It was relevant to the conversation, you just rave on with the same shit as if you think it going to worry us or are you just grandstanding for your disciples?
Here's a tip, if you don't bring up 2023, we won't feel obliged to remind you that as well as Carlton went that year (despite falling short of contending for the premiership), Collingwood went much better.

Carlton using its comically easy fixture to register a higher place than Collingwood by % doesn’t bode well for the club in their race with Collingwood in 2025

The last time Carlton registered consecutive higher place finishes than Collingwood, film fans were awaiting the release of the first Harry Potter film, Ricky Gervais leapt into stardom with the release of The Office, the first iPod was on the cusp of being released and Sam Walsh was likely beginning to speak his first words.
Still going on about the past

In response to your reply to my initial post.

First off, where did I state that Collingwoods trade additions were to be disregarded? They were the 1st thing I addressed. You got a shiny new upgrade on Noble to Houston and added Perryman.
Is that enough for you to be better than Carlton in 2025? Don't think so. Brings you closer to our level, yes.

Next. Haynes replaced Marchbank. Both fringe. Not best 22 so no real impact there. Where did I mention Haynes would make us better? Didn't.
Shedding depth in the midfield.
What - Kennedy? Oh no! What do we do now we've lost MK. Noooooooooooo.
How about replacing him with a Sid Draper, Jagger Smith, FOS etc. You guys may not know these names. They are a little higher up the draft order than 50 odd.
You guys keep bringing up the 23 flag. We are talking about 2025. At that point it will be 2 years after your flag. Last I saw you were 9th.
"All of Collingwoods youngsters are duds?" Your words.
Tell me. Which of them are not duds? You know your players, yeah? Which of these future stars are going to shine? Is it Jack Bytel. Maybe Ed Allan? Of Ned Long. Soon to be household names across the country.
And it's not just the AFL articles questioning Collingwoods future, it's everyone, except you guys. You are the only ones with your head in the sand about it?
Anyway, proof will be in the pudding.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's a tip, if you don't bring up 2023, we won't feel obliged to remind you that as well as Carlton went that year (despite falling short of contending for the premiership), Collingwood went much better.
We know that and we went better than you this year, the one that counts.

We know that and we went better than you this year, the one that counts.
Hilarious.

The 'one that counts' is 'the one where Carlton finished ahead of Collingwood by percentage, courtesy of double up games against the two worst teams in the comp, got humiliated in their only final, and lost both home and away games to Collingwood'....

But the 'one that doesn't count' is the year Collingwood won a premiership...

Nah, I'd prefer to 'count' 2023.

Still going on about the past

In response to your reply to my initial post.

First off, where did I state that Collingwoods trade additions were to be disregarded? They were the 1st thing I addressed. You got a shiny new upgrade on Noble to Houston and added Perryman.
Is that enough for you to be better than Carlton in 2025? Don't think so. Brings you closer to our level, yes.

Next. Haynes replaced Marchbank. Both fringe. Not best 22 so no real impact there. Where did I mention Haynes would make us better? Didn't.
Shedding depth in the midfield.
What - Kennedy? Oh no! What do we do now we've lost MK. Noooooooooooo.
How about replacing him with a Sid Draper, Jagger Smith, FOS etc. You guys may not know these names. They are a little higher up the draft order than 50 odd.
You guys keep bringing up the 23 flag. We are talking about 2025. At that point it will be 2 years after your flag. Last I saw you were 9th.
"All of Collingwoods youngsters are duds?" Your words.
Tell me. Which of them are not duds? You know your players, yeah? Which of these future stars are going to shine? Is it Jack Bytel. Maybe Ed Allan? Of Ned Long. Soon to be household names across the country.
And it's not just the AFL articles questioning Collingwoods future, it's everyone, except you guys. You are the only ones with your head in the sand about it?
Anyway, proof will be in the pudding.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Too long again
Stop the waffle!

Interesting we keep hearing about the "Campo Twins", but from what I've read Lucas seems decent but Ben seems bog average.

Almost like Ben is worth more because his brother is decent.

If you think Carlton supporters are going to back down in a banter thread, you are truly mistaken. We can go back and forth all day with no clear winners

Oh, the Carlton supporters will never back down and that is fantastic. Just a shame the Carlton players back down season after season and are clear losers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, the Carlton supporters will never back down and that is fantastic. Just a shame the Carlton players back down season after season and are clear losers.
Year after year Carlton supporters show spirit and fight and a never say die attitude and year after year their team shows the opposite on the field.

Year after year
Tear after tear
Decade after decade
Decay after decay
Hopes crushed
Hope springs eternal
In whispered tones they chant
Next year
Next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back