Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't watch Carlton so they won't know who those players are.
You haven't met Fadge. Says he watches more games of AFL footy than anyone. ( then makes predictions about Carlton finishing 16th, and then when they finish 8th, blames the fixturing even though the fixture had probably been released ) It's next level stuff

They don't watch Carlton so they won't know who those players are.

Bit hard to know who the players are when you're offering up nebulous players like "draft pick" as the reason you'll be improving next year lmao. Also forgive us for not being super familiar with household names like Moir and Dudin, ****ing hell.

This is classic Carlton thinking though; every guy you draft is gonna be the next star of the comp, the younger you are the more potential you have, the more games you miss the more your legacy grows. It's been like this ever since I can remember. At some point you have to live in the real world.

It's so cute how pies fans reckon it's an absolute given they will improve & no other club will.

They must forget they're the oldest team in the league and really, one of the least likely clubs to improve.

Bit hard to know who the players are when you're offering up nebulous players like "draft pick" as the reason you'll be improving next year lmao. Also forgive us for not being super familiar with household names like Moir and Dudin, ****ing hell.

This is classic Carlton thinking though; every guy you draft is gonna be the next star of the comp, the younger you are the more potential you have, the more games you miss the more your legacy grows. It's been like this ever since I can remember. At some point you have to live in the real world.
We are ahead of Collingwood at the minute or haven't you noticed yet?

Of course you're not.

It's October - always the best time of the year to be a Carlton supporter!
October is the end of the season mate. It's the same time for all supporters

If you are implying that Carlton fans in particular are up and about during trade and draft periods etc then I'm pretty sure your wrong and most fans get into it.
Seem to recall most recently a lot of Pies fans getting all giddy about their new toys in Houston and Perryman. Shiny and new.
Oh and if we're talking time frames your season ended in August. Least we at least got to September

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moir will take Owies spot improvement from Lord, Motlop, Dudin, Cowan, Binns and Ollie Hollands who are all under 21 and don't forget whoever we draft. It's called improvement from whithin champion.
Going around in circles again. Collingwood are cooked because none of our kids have played many games and are therefore no good, but we are told to expect the likes of Lord, Moir and Binns to seriously get going because they are amazing talents.

It's so cute how pies fans reckon it's an absolute given they will improve & no other club will.

They must forget they're the oldest team in the league and really, one of the least likely clubs to improve.
I reckon it's cute when Carlton were forced to top up with geriatrics back 20 years ago and they were all saying that we should have picked up kids, and then when we pick up kids 15 years later, that we should top up with experienced players. I find it extremely hard to define which way they are thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's cute when Carlton were forced to top up with geriatrics back 20 years ago and they were all saying that we should have picked up kids, and then when we pick up kids 15 years later, that we should top up with experienced players. I find it extremely hard to define which way they are thinking
Lost me at 20 years ago. Go on. Start that thread about Collingwood being better than Carlton over the last 25 years coz this one's about who will be better in 2025

BTW what kids that you've picked up are you referring to?

Going around in circles again. Collingwood are cooked because none of our kids have played many games and are therefore no good, but we are told to expect the likes of Lord, Moir and Binns to seriously get going because they are amazing talents.
Where did i say Collingwood are cooked?

Just go back and look at fudges commentary around our recruitment of Acres, Hollands & now pick 3.

We could've picked up Houston, Harley Reid & Pick 3 for a future 4th and he would find a way to tell everyone it's a poor move.

October is the end of the season mate. It's the same time for all supporters

If you are implying that Carlton fans in particular are up and about during trade and draft periods etc then I'm pretty sure your wrong and most fans get into it.
Seem to recall most recently a lot of Pies fans getting all giddy about their new toys in Houston and Perryman. Shiny and new.
Oh and if we're talking time frames your season ended in August. Least we at least got to September
You're apparently new here, so I'll make it easy for you....

October has always been the best time of the year for Carlton supporters. They have had a month or so to overcome the disappointment of the underachieving they witnessed from their team throughout the season just gone, and have seen enough 'green shoots' to have them bullish about 'next year'.

All the media analysts get on board, look at their top 6 players and announce 'They want for nothing', and they get all ****-a-hoot that next year it will finally all gel together.

And we can't argue with them, because we're all at 0 premiership points on the ladder, but we do take great joy in seeing them all bullish about the season ahead, only to see them crash and burn when the reality of a new season arrives.

It really is a beautiful thing.

Just go back and look at fudges commentary around our recruitment of Acres, Hollands & now pick 3.

We could've picked up Houston, Harley Reid & Pick 3 for a future 4th and he would find a way to tell everyone it's a poor move.
exactly mate. And its referencing Paddy Dow as a former number 3 pick as the barometer of all barometers that Carlton will select in the first round. ( dont reference chris judd that doesnt work in any argument as a number 3 pick) . Like, im buying a ticket into the 300 million megadraw this week in the states and want the numbers, like today. Surely any,Collingwood poster have those available, please ?

Kids. Ha. Not an area Collingwood supporters know much about I would think, which is not really surprising since they've watched the same old blokes run around for the past 20 years (you interested keep bringing up the past)
That's all they know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back