Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're apparently new here, so I'll make it easy for you....

October has always been the best time of the year for Carlton supporters. They have had a month or so to overcome the disappointment of the underachieving they witnessed from their team throughout the season just gone, and have seen enough 'green shoots' to have them bullish about 'next year'.

All the media analysts get on board, look at their top 6 players and announce 'They want for nothing', and they get all ****-a-hoot that next year it will finally all gel together.

And we can't argue with them, because we're all at 0 premiership points on the ladder, but we do take great joy in seeing them all bullish about the season ahead, only to see them crash and burn when the reality of a new season arrives.

It really is a beautiful thing.
Ok. Still talking about the past again. Please come up with something else

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair. I don't believe you've said that

I'll divert the post's attention to those many Carlton supporters who believe our youth is no good, but believe theirs is, despite similar issues with low games played.
I believe Pies have kept themselves in the flag hunt for next season but you will be losing a lot of players over 3 seasons very soon and you'll need more than a few free agents, that's just my opinion i could be wrong but I'm hardly ever.

Like I said you need comprehension lessons - I never said that.
You’ve intentionally misquoted what I said.
I suggest you read my post again.
Multiple avenues to goal and elite conversion per I50 means we have plenty of goal kicking power.
Murphy was a big loss but our defence is still far better than Carlton’s, and virtually every other team.
So, tell me again, what have I misinterpreted here ?
Your words were, and I quote again " our defence is still far better than Carlton's, and virtually every other team"
How am I misinterpreting that statement ?

exactly mate. And its referencing Paddy Dow as a former number 3 pick as the barometer of all barometers that Carlton will select in the first round. ( dont reference chris judd that doesnt work in any argument as a number 3 pick) . Like, im buying a ticket into the 300 million megadraw this week in the states and want the numbers, like today. Surely any,Collingwood poster have those available, please ?
Mate - you’ve had Top picks for 20 years and done nothing but win wooden spoons. Now all of a sudden you think Pick 3 is getting you a Reid, Nick Daicos or Sheezel.
Wake up call!!!!
No equivalent generational talent is in this years draft.

So, tell me again, what have I misinterpreted here ?
Your words were, and I quote again " our defence is still far better than Carlton's, and virtually every other team"
How am I misinterpreting that statement ?
You quoted me as using the words “ best defense” - clearly as you have now been forced to understand, I didn’t use those words.

Mate - you’ve had Top picks for 20 years and done nothing but win wooden spoons. Now all of a sudden you think Pick 3 is getting you a Reid, Nick Daicos or Sheezel.
Wake up call!!!!
No equivalent generational talent is in this years draft.
Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

No, I used the words "virtually best defence " , exactly as you wrote it
FMD - where are the words “virtually best defence” in the EXACT quote below from my post.

“our defence is still far better than Carlton’s, and virtually every other team.”

Stop making up rubbish- or get some private tutoring in Comprehension.
This is embarrassing.

I reckon it's cute when Carlton were forced to top up with geriatrics back 20 years ago and they were all saying that we should have picked up kids, and then when we pick up kids 15 years later, that we should top up with experienced players. I find it extremely hard to define which way they are thinking
Whatever you guys have been doing the last 25 years just keep doing it. It's worked brilliantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Wrong again. Getting tiresome. Go back and read it again. I asked about the kids you guys supposedly picked up 15 years on etc
Um.....

You asked the question of a Carlton supporting poster, who was clearly talking about Carlton...

I understand it must get confusing when you have to remember all the different teams you should be supporting with all your different aliases...

Bit hard to know who the players are when you're offering up nebulous players like "draft pick" as the reason you'll be improving next year lmao. Also forgive us for not being super familiar with household names like Moir and Dudin, ****ing hell.

This is classic Carlton thinking though; every guy you draft is gonna be the next star of the comp, the younger you are the more potential you have, the more games you miss the more your legacy grows. It's been like this ever since I can remember. At some point you have to live in the real world.
I love watching Carlton lose so I'm always watching them. Over the decades they have given me much viewing pleasure. I'm familiar with their players as a result.
Durdin is a massive spud. Motlop not looking much better. Moir too early to tell but according to Carlton fans he's the next Lachy Schultz. They wish.

Not sure who you think I am Fadge but anyway. Who is it? What did they do? Truly. I have no idea about that.
Just FYI I have been reading this site for many years but never really had the inclination to post until recently retired. Almost did on many occasions but refrained for whatever reason (wish I'd refrain now. Na mate)
I've been a blues supporter since I was 8. I have a younger brother that lives with me. He is a die-hard Collingwood supporter and I mean die-hard.

I love watching Carlton lose so I'm always watching them. Over the decades they have given me much viewing pleasure. I'm familiar with their players as a result.
Durdin is a massive spud. Motlop not looking much better. Moir too early to tell but according to Carlton fans he's the next Lachy Schultz. They wish.
Durdin is about Schultz's level. Motlop better than Schultz and Moir will be miles in front of Schultz. Schultz. Owies was better than that spud.
If you want to know how good Moir will be how about you watch the way he moves but especially watch how clean his hands are.

Not sure who you think I am Fadge but anyway. Who is it? What did they do? Truly. I have no idea about that.
Just FYI I have been reading this site for many years but never really had the inclination to post until recently retired. Almost did on many occasions but refrained for whatever reason (wish I'd refrain now. Na mate)
I've been a blues supporter since I was 8. I have a younger brother that lives with me. He is a die-hard Collingwood supporter and I mean die-hard.

Cool who's your favourite player then Mr Blueblood, and why 😆

Cool who's your favourite player then Mr Blueblood, and why
Kenny Hunter. Best player for his size I've ever seen. Did the most extraordinary and courageous things on footy field. As a kid he blew me away with some of the things he did. I also barracked for Claremont before he went to Carlton, but I still barracked for Carlton as they had the same crest as Claremont and when I saw it on that magnificent navy blue guernsey I just fell in love with it (I was 8)

Kenny Hunter. Best player for his size I've ever seen. Did the most extraordinary and courageous things on footy field. As a kid he blew me away with some of the things he did. I also barracked for Claremont before he went to Carlton, but I still barracked for Carlton as they had the same crest as Claremont and when I saw it on that magnificent navy blue guernsey I just fell in love with it (I was 8)

Just coincidence that Claremont have a yellow slash like Richmond and are also called the Tigers

It's the crest that really stands out 😆
images (5).jpeg

Just coincidence that Claremont have a yellow slash like Richmond and are also called the Tigers

It's the crest that really stands out
View attachment 2145960
Not sure what coincidence your referring to and Claremonts guernsey was yellow with a black sash same as Richmond but that guernsey sucks just like most other clubs do imo
It was the similarity of the crests as the only link

Not sure what coincidence your referring to and Claremonts guernsey was yellow with a black sash same as Richmond but that guernsey sucks just like most other clubs do imo

Great to have another die-hard Blues fan in the thread 👍

As a matter of interest, to test your unbiased knowledge, where would you say Dustin Martin sits in the pantheon of former players?

Woops. Old age. Anyway. Would really love to know who you think i am. Obviously some previous poster but I assure you I have never posted on BF before.
Could have sworn their guernsey was yellow. Still. Terrible jumper. So's Collingwoods

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back