Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah mate you sound like you’re in his corner massively.

Dropping hints spreading negativity about a ****ing 16yo? Huge support you must be.

Keep crying victim though.

Keep it up.

I know Carlton supporters won’t have the balls to pick you up on your embarrassing comment but several Collingwood supporters already have. I made it very clear I will be proud of the kid no matter where he plays yet you doubt my Aboriginal pride in these kids by responding

Except for this kid.

‘What a shame you let footy club tribalism effect your judgement.’

Shameful and just as shameful not one Carlton supporter had the balls to pull you up. Crying victim hey, I have been the Aboriginal victim and I fought hard to no longer be a victim but be a survivor. It’s people like you that makes me appreciate how far I have come.

I know Carlton supporters won’t have the balls to pick you up on your embarrassing comment but several Collingwood supporters already have. I made it very clear I will be proud of the kid no matter where he plays yet you doubt my Aboriginal pride in these kids by responding

Except for this kid.

‘What a shame you let footy club tribalism effect your judgement.’

Shameful and just as shameful not one Carlton supporter had the balls to pull you up. Crying victim hey, I have been the Aboriginal victim and I fought hard to no longer be a victim but be a survivor. It’s people like you that makes me appreciate how far I have come.

Bullshit. Look at your first comment about him - telling Carlton supporters they’re in for a rude shock & to temper their excitement. The KID is clearly the best u/16 player getting around and you’re talking him down due to him being a Carlton F/S prospect.

When I suggest you’re letting your Collingwood tribalism cloud your judgement you go on a tangent about race.

So I’ll ask again, if he were a Collingwood F/S prospect, would you be saying the same comments about him?

I actually know the kid and his old man, they’d brush off your comments no problems but they’d be wondering why you’re doubting him.

Shameful and just as shameful not one Carlton supporter had the balls to pull you up.
It's a commonly used term in all sports which refers to the one-eyed nature of a team's supporters. You have made it clear now that it is offensive to you so it shouldn't be used again on here but you can't expect us to know that when it is such a widely used term in world sport.

It's a commonly used term in all sports which refers to the one-eyed nature of a team's supporters. You have made it clear now that it is offensive to you so it shouldn't be used again on here but you can't expect us to know that when it is such a widely used term in world sport.

Happy to chat to you but want nothing to do with that other poster. It’s not the words tribalism that it is insulting it is the fact i clearly told him that I would be proud to see any Aboriginal kid play for any club. When you hsve have been one of the stolen ones you get pretty damn proud to see any Aboriginal kid has a pathway that may help him / her achieve. His immediate comment was inferring I was lying that I would not be proud of Walker due to the club he may play for. For him to suggest I would turn my back on my Aboriginal culture when I clear noted my pride is a disgrace and really shameful comment.

Happy to chat to you but want nothing to do with that other poster. It’s not the words tribalism that it is insulting it is the fact i clearly told him that I would be proud to see any Aboriginal kid play for any club. When you hsve have been one of the stolen ones you get pretty damn proud to see any Aboriginal kid has a pathway that may help him / her achieve. His immediate comment was inferring I was lying that I would not be proud of Walker due to the club he may play for. For him to suggest I would turn my back on my Aboriginal culture when I clear noted my pride is a disgrace and really shameful comment.
I'm not going to speak for the other poster but I just didn't like your comment about us "being shocked" about Walker. It did sound like you were making an insinuation about him that was in a negative light. Especially as you repeated it multiple times. My comment on that had nothing to do with race in any way so if that's how it came across and why you called me "twisted" I do apologise.

I'm not going to speak for the other poster but I just didn't like your comment about us "being shocked" about Walker. It did sound like you were making an insinuation about him that was in a negative light. Especially as you repeated it multiple times. My comment on that had nothing to do with race in any way so if that's how it came across and why you called me "twisted" I do apologise.
This. I don't get how race or heritage has been brought into the discussion but I just want to know why we're in for a "shock" with Cody? He's quite obviously in the best handful of 16 year olds in the country if not a clear standout.

I'm not going to speak for the other poster but I just didn't like your comment about us "being shocked" about Walker. It did sound like you were making an insinuation about him that was in a negative light. Especially as you repeated it multiple times. My comment on that had nothing to do with race in any way so if that's how it came across I do apologise.

No need to apologise as I said my beef is not with you it is with that other poster.
It is interesting that Carlton are shocked at any perceived negative light to a great young kid like Walker but have been happy to slam Nick Daicos for years even as a kid. Was pretty funny then. Number 1 I was not slamming him, I made it very clear in several posts the kid is a great kid and a great footballer. A rare talent. I was referring to the fact there is lots of decision making still to be made. That posters comment is unforgivable

No need to apologise as I said my beef is not with you it is with that other poster.
It is interesting that Carlton are shocked at any perceived negative light to a great young kid like Walker but have been happy to slam Nick Daicos for years even as a kid. Was pretty funny then. Number 1 I was not slamming him, I made it very clear in several posts the kid is a great kid and a great footballer. A rare talent. I was referring to the fact there is lots of decision making still to be made. That posters comment is unforgivable
Well you called me "twisted" so I clearly did something wrong.

And I wouldn't be lumping all Carlton supporters into one box - I haven't said a negative thing about Daicos. But you are going to get that in a thread equally filled with some Pies fans going after the likes of Curnow, Walsh etc

Well you called me "twisted" so I clearly did something wrong.

And I wouldn't be lumping all Carlton supporters into one box - I haven't said a negative thing about Daicos. But you are going to get that in a thread equally filled with some Pies fans going after the likes of Curnow, Walsh etc
I apologise for the twisted comment. I thought you referring to me and the comments about a 16 year old in a different light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back