Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So if he was a Collingwood F/S you’d be telling your fellow Collingwood fans to temper excitement and they’re in for a rude shock?

No idea why you’re making it about race big dog.
He wasn't making it about race. He is Aboriginal and open about it and talks about it. That seems to be triggering to you and others. I'm guessing it makes you uncomfortable. Thats your problem not his and I hope he doesn't let your attacks get to him.
He is as entitled to comment on your prospective father son as anyone else. Because he's Aboriginal doesn't mean he has to be positive about the kid.

I'm not concerned about Cripps turning 30. I don't understand why pie supporters bring up Cripps age ? It seems they think its an issue for some reason
The difference is: Pendles has hardly been tackled in 20 years. His body would have less damage than Cripps.
Cripps plays like a battering ram. Doesn't make for longevity.

Closer than the Pies.
Yep.

Carlton - a team that hasn't contended for a premiership in more than two decades, and whose list went backwards this off season, are closer to a premiership than Collingwood, a team that has contended for 2 of the last 3, and 4 of the last 7 premierships, and whose list improved this off season....

Keep deluding yourself.

Not sure why people are jumping on that comment. Tribalism used in this context is very common, I.e one eyed footy supporters, but hell I've seen it used in reference to people on the internet and how they act in regards to politics etc.

Let's not make it about something its not in order to point score.

The ire at the comment was nothing to do with the word tribalism. Read the comment again and read the explanation. It was an insulting and shameful comnent and I will never respond to that poster again.

Yep.

Carlton - a team that hasn't contended for a premiership in more than two decades, and whose list went backwards this off season, are closer to a premiership than Collingwood, a team that has contended for 2 of the last 3, and 4 of the last 7 premierships, and whose list improved this off season....

Keep deluding yourself.
Two weeks ago Owies and Kennedy were spuds and now we can't afford to lose them lol, talk about delusion.

I know Carlton supporters won’t have the balls to pick you up on your embarrassing comment but several Collingwood supporters already have. I made it very clear I will be proud of the kid no matter where he plays yet you doubt my Aboriginal pride in these kids by responding

Except for this kid.

‘What a shame you let footy club tribalism effect your judgement.’

Shameful and just as shameful not one Carlton supporter had the balls to pull you up. Crying victim hey, I have been the Aboriginal victim and I fought hard to no longer be a victim but be a survivor. It’s people like you that makes me appreciate how far I have come.
You casted a shadow over the poor kid and then pissed off, would've wise and correct to stay and say what you meant even when you were asked you didn't respond now get down off your high horse.

Just as Pies nuffs waffled on non stop about Nick for years and years before he joined the league we are excited about Cody who looks every bit as good Nick did as a 16 year old this season.
I don't recall 10% of the 'waffling on non stop' about Nick Daicos before he was drafted that you guys are doing about Cody Walker.

We prefer you wait until a kid has proven himself at the level, as Daicos has, before we wax lyrical about him.

Yep.

You are forgetting that your list age is 1 year older again. Time slows down sportsmen in case you weren't aware.
Opposition gets the ball, who is there to catch them ? Cox, pendles, Mitchell, ? Who
Those 3 are will be dead set ice glaciers in 2025

Last edited:
Two weeks ago Owies and Kennedy were spuds and now we can't afford to lose them lol, talk about delusion.
Owies was your best spud. He transcended spud status this year and was more like a healthy bag of frozen peas.
Nobody said Kennedy was a spud. Decent player.
Your team and list depth will be weakened by their absence. Are you disputing this?

I don't recall 10% of the 'waffling on non stop' about Nick Daicos before he was drafted that you guys are doing about Cody Walker.

We prefer you wait until a kid has proven himself at the level, as Daicos has, before we wax lyrical about him.
Of coarse you don't mate and we are shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that Cripps draft?
Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

Houston is a fantastic signing for the dirty birds. Houston to kidgoat to whoever finds space - perfect inclusion for the 9th best team or was it 10th I forget now in 2024. Might be enough to see them maintain their dominance over other middling Clubs - maybe.

Owies was your best spud. He transcended spud status this year and was more like a healthy bag of frozen peas.
Nobody said Kennedy was a spud. Decent player.
Your team and list depth will be weakened by their absence. Are you disputing this?
Yep, Moir takes over from Owies who was just a 3rd marking forward and Kennedy was last choice for a midfield spot, we have lost absolutely nothing.

Owies and Kennedy certainly are no world beaters, but in a team that drops away so quickly after your top 12 players, losing them absolutely makes Carlton a lesser team.

Unless you think differently? If so, explain why?

Yep.

Keep deluding yourself.

On paper Collingwood improved last year, adding mega star Schultz.

You went backward 8 spots in the ladder.

Owies and Kennedy certainly are no world beaters, but in a team that drops away so quickly after your top 12 players, losing them absolutely makes Carlton a lesser team.

Look above.

So losing Richards and Noble doesn't make Collingwood a lesser team then ?
This thinking is so out of this world, I'm starting to question how far to the floor did the doctors drop you when you first entered the world

On paper Collingwood improved last year, adding mega star Schultz.

You went backward 8 spots in the ladder.
Yeah, unfortunately a team can't finish 1st every year.

If we should be concerned about our team dropping from 1st to 9th in one season, are you concerned about Carltin peaking at 5th, dropping to 8th, and finishing the year as the 4th worst team in the competition based on form over the last 9 matches?

You keep telling yourself that...
You haven't got a clue about Carlton, we actually have young players who will be very good, we've already past the Pies and you'll only see us from a distance for the next decade.

So losing Richards and Noble doesn't make Collingwood a lesser team then ?
This thinking is so out of this world, I'm starting to question how far to the floor did the doctors drop you when you first entered the world
Out - Noble and Richards
In - Houston and Perryman

It doesn't take Einstein to see that as a net positive list change for Collingwood...

Yeah, unfortunately a team can't finish 1st every year.

If we should be concerned about our team dropping from 1st to 9th in one season, are you concerned about Carltin peaking at 5th, dropping to 8th, and finishing the year as the 4th worst team in the competition based on form over the last 9 matches?

Does form in the back end of the year mean more? Collingwood finished 2023 as the best team in it, then finished 9th.

Oh my.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back