Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That could explain why we have a more based opinion of your team than you do.
What's your prediction for your team in the next 2 seasons?

5th-8th next year for us.

2026 too hard to predict, who knows who will be good/bad. Still reckon a Brisbane dynasty is on the cards and everyone else is playing for 2nd.

This post perfectly sums up the Pies experience in this thread in 24'. Lots of excuses and lots of "ifs".

You seem to forget that in the last 3 years, we've gone from sacking a coach, a president leaving and a racism scandal, to a caretaker president employing a new coach who went to a prelim in his first year, missing out by a bee's dick in playing in a granny, to winning the league in his 2nd year. Compare the last 3 years for each team.

What's Carlton's excuse?

Are you insinuating that he has forgotten how to play football?

Fair enough. I know when I don't ride my bike for a while, I have to learn again with training wheels

He is 32, missed a full year with injury & was dropped before getting injured.

It's highly unlikely he will get back to his best at this point in his career.

You seem to forget that in the last 3 years, we've gone from sacking a coach, a president leaving and a racism scandal, to a caretaker president employing a new coach who went to a prelim in his first year, missing out by a bee's dick in playing in a granny, to winning the league in his 2nd year. Compare the last 3 years for each team.

What's Carlton's excuse?
What has that got to do with what I said? This thread was about 2024 (and now 2025).

What's Carlton's excuse?
Shhhh.

You're only allowed to talk about 2024 and 2025 in this thread.

You'll be told off....

He was subbed off because he has foot troubles and couldn't run on the night. We needed to inject speed to get back into the game.

Came back into the side and played good games against Hawthorn and Port in wins before the foot finished his season. He's a fine rotation option for us in 2024.

We don't need him back at his Brownlow Medal winning best.

We just need him to play his role, like he did magnificently in 2023.

And doesn't David King look the fool, given Mitchell's injury was that bad, he ended up missing the remainder of the season with it.

See, Carlton aren't the only club with injury issues...

Would you believe me if I told you Mitchell has as many 3 goal finals campaigns in his career as Charlie Curnow (1 vs 1?)

To answer Worm4's question since he didn't clarify whether it would be for a finals or H&A game, I would take Tom Mitchell in a finals game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you believe me if I told you Mitchell has as many 3 goal finals campaigns in his career as Charlie Curnow (1 vs 1?)

To answer Worm4's question since he didn't clarify whether it would be for a finals or H&A game, I would take Tom Mitchell in a finals game.
Don't think Tom will play in another final but good luck to that

Geez, that's a low bar for what's considered young.

Lipinski is 27 next year!! If he had a Carlton jumper on you'd say he's past his prime.
Hill - 25
Quaynor - 25
Mcreery - 24

This Oscar Steene bloke hasn't even played a game! Jiath has played 1, Allen played 2.

This is a ridiculous list and you know it.
Fair point about Lipinski but not the others.
See that first name on my list. If I just stopped at that it still beats your list of youngsters hands down.

Fair point about Lipinski but not the others.
See that first name on my list. If I just stopped at that it still beats your list of youngsters hands down.
Bobby "brownlow " Hill ?
He is a one trick pony who wastes a lot of opportunities. Has played 1 good game ( normy) and plenty of average games at best

Nick Daicos, Bobby Hill, Beau McReery, Isaac Quaynor, Harvey Harrison, Pat Lipinski, Oscar Steene, Ed Allan, Tew Jiath, Will Parker.
It's better than your young group🤣
Half those players struggle to shine in the VFL lmao 😂😂😂 Tew Jiath and Oscar Steele 😂😂😂😂😂😂

We may as well have included our Irish import Rob Monahan who can barely bounce the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back