Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What was your prediction for Carlton 2024 again ?
That they wouldn't contend for the premiership.

Additionally, I was steadfast mid year when I had all of you guys jumping up and down whilst I was refraining from labelling Carlton a genuine premiership contender, despite them being 2nd on the ladder and second favourites for the flag.

That they wouldn't contend for the premiership.

Additionally, I was steadfast mid year when I had all of you guys jumping up and down whilst I was refraining from labelling Carlton a genuine premiership contender, despite them being 2nd on the ladder and second favourites for the flag.
Nice deflection . 16th wasn't it ?

Yeah, just the lazy one good game - a best on ground in a Grand Final.

You might also want to check out his 2023 Qualifying Final whilst you're at it.
Bobby with the 8 goal finals campaign in 2023.

The last time a Carlton player kicked 8 goals in one finals series? 2000. He didn’t win a Norm Smith however

Fadge was the only pundit in Australia NOT to have Carlton in the top 7, astute 👍
He has gone out on a massive limb for next year . Instead of picking a solitary number such as his 16th prediction for 2024, he has done the alternative and covered 50% of the spread . Genius - 7th - 15th. I'm sure he will beat his own chest if that one comes in

Yeah , sure why not.
2 good games, and nothing else apart from MOTY which Heeney should have won
Oh, so now we have a Norm Smith Medal, a Mark of the Year, and an additional 3 goal influential final (4 coaches votes) in his first two seasons at Collingwood.

Throw in 63 goals across 47 games (durability is important), and not a bad return on our investment.

How many small forwards have Carlton had in recent times who could get near that?

As I said, you'd swap any player outside your top 6 for him in a heartbeat, because he is EXACTLY what Carlton needs...

Bobby with the 8 goal finals campaign in 2023.

The last time a Carlton player kicked 8 goals in one finals series? 2000. He didn’t win a Norm Smith however
It really is astounding that they are putting this much effort into talking him down, when he would make a massive difference to their team if he was in a Carlton jumper.

Maybe they honestly do not understand what it takes to build a list to contend for a flag?

It really is astounding that they are putting this much effort into talking him down, when he would make a massive difference to their team if he was in a Carlton jumper.

Maybe they honestly do not understand what it takes to build a list to contend for a flag?
it’s the very old fashioned mentality that gun key forwards = success. Everything else is an afterthought.

I don’t think Hill is a superstar, but how can you disrespect a player who has made the leaps and bounds in the biggest games like he has? Especially given how hard is often is for small forwards to impact in finals

it’s the very old fashioned mentality that gun key forwards = success. Everything else is an afterthought.

I don’t think Hill is a superstar, but how can you disrespect a player who has made the leaps and bounds in the biggest games like he has? Especially given how hard is often is for small forwards to impact in finals

The same way you blokes disrespect Walsh.

23yo in his 1st finals series last year & wins the Gary Ayres medal, despite not even playing for a team that played in the Grand Final, which shows how much he dominated.

All we hear from your mob is how poor a kick he is, how screwed his back is & how he's finished as a player.

We can't disrespect Bobby though!!!!

So he would take us from your prediction of 15th, into levels of contention on the back of 30 goal output( same as owies this year). Boy of boy, wowee, you are serious. My god

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly we need 12 geriatrics, a yank in a superhero Cape, a one trick pony, and a barber shop quartet to elevate us to 9th position. I'm not sure what's going to get us to a prelim after that. Maybe I will head over to the Brisbane board for some pointers

It's beyond astounding to me you are putting this much effort (for almost 20 years) into putting Carlton down.

I'd seriously refrain from throwing stones at other posters for putting in too much 'effort'....

Fadge was the only pundit in Australia NOT to have Carlton in the top 7, astute 👍

Not to mention 13th, and hasn't come close to accurately predicting a finishing position in the last 3 years

And then all the other failed wagers

Surprised he still has the internet connected

Oh, so now we have a Norm Smith Medal, a Mark of the Year, and an additional 3 goal influential final (4 coaches votes) in his first two seasons at Collingwood.

Throw in 63 goals across 47 games (durability is important), and not a bad return on our investment.

How many small forwards have Carlton had in recent times who could get near that?

As I said, you'd swap any player outside your top 6 for him in a heartbeat, because he is EXACTLY what Carlton needs...
Carlton would chop off their left nut to have Bobby Hill in their forward line.

Carlton will have a better success rate with the 3rd pick, than Collingwood will with their 1st selection. And will be happy to put my money on that with anyone
Maybe so as it’s in the 50’s but not a given,
Carlton will be judged on any 2 players available from pick 12 /14 adjusted for FS and NGA’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back