Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I didn't.

And I was much closer than many who predicted them to be top 2 or top 4 and contend for the premiership.
They were 2 games off top 4, and 2 games clear of 13th, and you think you were much closer to many with your prediction of 13th ? Or was it 16th ?
Beating your own chest again but clearly wrong in your own observation.

Can you please read and interpret the last paragraph of the post you quoted?

If that is too much to ask, my answer is 'Yes, absolutely. And probably the lower end of that range given their decisions during Trade Week'.
Ok - so we know you think Carlton won't play finals and Collingwood will be top 4.
So why don't you compress the selection a bit ?

Can you please read and interpret the last paragraph of the post you quoted?

If that is too much to ask, my answer is 'Yes, absolutely. And probably the lower end of that range given their decisions during Trade Week'.
Hawthorn top 8.

Carlton bottom 6.

So Hawthorn.
Its OK, I found it. You have Carlton 13th - 18th .

I checked the AFLs ladder predictions for this year recently. Had 10 media pundits.

I think 4/10 had us top 4. I think only 1 had us top 2, they also had us runners up. Rest were all either just in or outside the 8.

So we were hardly a top 4 fancy.

Fadge predicted 16th finishing position.
We finished 8th
The season was 24 weeks long. At the end of the season, where a team finishes is there for all to see on the ladder. I don't think a team that finishes 16th can play in finals. Hereith endeth the lesson .
You can't say Carlton played in finals Wormy. I watched the first 55 minutes and there was only one team on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a bet and won with Charcoalchicken back in the day and he welched. It's in the welching thread.
Happy to do an avatar bet that Carlton won't finish bottom 6, against Carlton playing finals.
To be fairer why dont you make it just finish in the 8 or outside.
Loser to shout the winner out on a romantic date at vue de mond.

Well you're wrong, as usual.

And of course it's been quoted, by Carlton nuffies who can't (or choose not to) understand context.
Are the battlers still crapping on about you commenting that after their soft start and get out of jail wins early against fellow battlers that they were the 16th team on form?

5 goals short of the eventual premiers, away from home.

Great effort.

A few tweaks and some luck with injury, and Carlton are Premiership bound!
Yeah I could have misjudged the performance in the elimination final. Only 5 goals in the end and away from home. I guess Carlton aren't far away. If pick 3 works out for them and Durdin and Motlop and Moir become the guns we all think they will be... Sky's the limit for Carlton next year.

Yeah I could have misjudged the performance in the elimination final. Only 5 goals in the end and away from home. I guess Carlton aren't far away. If pick 3 works out for them and Durdin and Motlop and Moir become the guns we all think they will be... Sky's the limit for Carlton next year.
Just next year?

I'm thinking dynasty!

Well you're wrong, as usual.

And of course it's been quoted, by Carlton nuffies who can't (or choose not to) understand context.
Who wrote this one? Just for context...?

Revised ladder at the end of the season:

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. St. Kilda
4. Collingwood
16. Carlton
17. Brisbane
18. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back