Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it right that Carlton will have 8 players over 30 by the completion of next year. My god, it's over, they cannot win anything, they are in decline. Frightening times.
Mate the Pies best 23 is rapidly approaching an average age of 30 lmao. Good luck to ya's but ur list is cooked!

Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

• Carlton 8 players over thirty by the end of the season.
  • Not one player in the 22 and under team
  • Not one player listed in the top 40 in the under 24 team.

The prediction- Pain
Going off this predicted best 23 for the Pies... The Pies average age across their best 23 at the end of 2025 would be - 29.52!

BMaynardMooreQuaynor
HBJ.DaicosFramptonHowe
CSidebottomCrispHoskin-Elliott
HFSchultzMcStayDe Goey
FElliottMihocekHill
RUCCameronN.DaicosPerryman
INTERPendleburyMcCreeryCox
MitchellHouston

29.52!!!!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Going off this predicted best 23 for the Pies... The Pies average age across their best 23 at the end of 2025 would be - 29.52!

BMaynardMooreQuaynor
HBJ.DaicosFramptonHowe
CSidebottomCrispHoskin-Elliott
HFSchultzMcStayDe Goey
FElliottMihocekHill
RUCCameronN.DaicosPerryman
INTERPendleburyMcCreeryCox
MitchellHouston

29.52!!!!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Oh wow because 29 year olds can’t play. Nor can 30 year olds or 31 year olds. Also thanks for highlighting just how strong this Collingwood team is when their is 3 All Australians on the bench including Dan Houston. Wow what a team. Remarkable. All you have done is show how great Collingwood is. Thanks so much

Oh wow because 29 year olds can’t play. Nor can 30 year olds or 31 year olds. Also thanks for highlighting just how strong this Collingwood team is when their is 3 All Australians on the bench including Dan Houston. Wow what a team. Remarkable. All you have done is show how great Collingwood is. Thanks so much
You're best 23 is 1.52 years older on average than the oldest premiership winning team in history. You're in la la land if you think you're going to win anything with that list of geriatrics.

You're best 23 is 1.52 years older on average than the oldest premiership winning team in history. You're in la la land if you think you're going to win anything with that list of geriatrics.
To be fair they might win bingo night at the local RSL

No, we will win the 2025 Premiership. Simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put it into context Geelong in 2022 were the oldest team in history to win a flag with an average age of 28 in their best 23...

But don't worry... Carlton are the team in decline! 8 players over 30 years old next year!

You talk as if you have North's age profile. Carlton has the 4th oldest list in the AFL, behind Collingwood, Geelong, WB, and ahead of Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. All teams that are trying to top up their lists to win a premiership in 2025.

That what makes Carlton's trade strategy mystifying. They ended up with a worst list but better draft position. But the latter wont help in 2025, or even 2026.

My favourite is how you've put Frampton, Hoskin-Elliott, Mitchell and Cox in our best 23, after you've spent the last 2 weeks telling us how old, useless and washed up those four 2023 premiership players are....

3 All-Australians on the bench, as the great SOTY has kindly pointed out, is my second favourite.

Last edited:
You talk as if you have North's age profile. Carlton has the 4th oldest list in the AFL, behind Collingwood, Geelong, WB, and ahead of Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. All teams that are trying to top up their lists to win a premiership in 2025.

That what makes Carlton's trade strategy mystifying. They ended up with a worst list but better draft position. But the latter wont help in 2025, or even 2026.
What they're trying to say is that Carlton have a better age profile to win the premiership.

There's only one minor oversight with that assessment... they don't have the quality and depth of players.

Go through each of the teams we believe are a chance to contend for the flag next year, as I have done for Collingwood and Hawthorn, and pick the best 30 players from the combined lists. You'll find no more than a dozen Carlton players on the list of 30, simply because their list is nowhere near that of a potential contender.

Keep telling that. The wheels will fall off mid season, and there will be no kids to inject some speed into your side after that. Pies will have to rely on membrey after that time

I will keep telling that because we will win the flag. 2025 Premiers Collingwood

What they're trying to say is that Carlton have a better age profile to win the premiership.

There's only one minor oversight with that assessment... they don't have the quality and depth of players.

Go through each of the teams we believe are a chance to contend for the flag next year, as I have done for Collingwood and Hawthorn, and pick the best 30 players from the combined lists. You'll find no more than a dozen Carlton players on the list of 30, simply because their list is nowhere near that of a potential contender.

IF Carlton don't win next year, then they'll fall behind Hawthorn from 2026 onwards who have a much better age / list profile

I wonder how long through compiling the Collingwood team he was when he came to the realisation 'Shite, this is an exceptionally good best 23'?!?

Was it when he got to the bench and realised he hadn't yet included Pendlebury and Houston?

IF Carlton don't win next year, then they'll fall behind Hawthorn from 2026 onwards who have a much better age / list profile
Pfffft.

Carlton aren't winning in 2025, and they've already fallen behind Hawthorn.

Check out the combined best 30 I've compiled in the Carlton Hawthorn thread. And Hawthorn have a heap of players - Newcombe, Day, Weddle, Watson, Dear (who i couldn't fit into Hawthorn's best 18 and combined best 30), etc. - who are only going to get better in 2025 and beyond.

Pfffft.

Carlton aren't winning in 2025, and they've already fallen behind Hawthorn.

Check out the combined best 30 I've compiled in the Carlton Hawthorn thread. And Hawthorn have a heap of players - Newcombe, Day, Weddle, Watson, Dear (who i couldn't fit into Hawthorn's best 18 and combined best 30), etc. - who are only going to get better in 2025 and beyond.

Maybe, I'm tipping Hawks to slide in 2025 but being a top 4 team from 2026.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back