Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton has the 4th oldest list in the AFL

That what makes Carlton's trade strategy mystifying. They ended up with a worst list but better draft position.
What's mystifying about it ? Clearly the club has identified an age problem and have decided to trade in some quality kids in preparation for the looming Tasmania draft deal. Pies have gone all in hoping for success in 2025/2026 and if it doesn't happen, then , Houston , they will have a problem

Last edited:
We are probably behind hawthorn now, and in front of collingwood

I would suggest the fact you panic dumped a best 10 in your B and F and your leading small forward places you behind most teams including Collingwood. I think Carlton fans should take around 12th this year as a win. The rebuild will need more years.

Collingwood have contended for 4 of the last 7 premierships.

Carlton none of the last 25.
Way To Go Good Job GIF by Dirty Bandits

Will we still have that age demographic after our list moves? No... But the Pies have somehow gotten even older after theirs 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Either way, your list will still be shite and nowhere near premiership contention.

But do enjoy being the 4th, 5th, or 6th oldest team in the competition and wallowing in the middle to lower rungs on the ladder.

If you did the top 30 between Carlton and Collingwood, Carlton would have more simply because 1 team finished higher than the other in 2024
I shared mine, happy for you to share yours.

One swallow (who dined out on the worst teams in the competition, does not make a summer).

One of the teams is a regular premiership contender, the other hasn't contended for a flag in over two decades.

It really is that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fudgey u have Will Day and Jai Newcombe above Walsh ... At no point in either of their careers have they ever been better than Walsh. Even when Walsh is in a bad patch of form he still outperforms them.

Ur a troll just admit it.
You overrate Walsh. He's not a particularly damaging player. Was a B grader at best this year.
Your club recognises they need more support for Cripps coz Walsh ain't cutting it.

Yep Carlol's core group is at or nearing 30.
Imagine being 29 years out from the last flag and stuck with a middle of the road team with no exciting youngsters, no first rounder next year and you're the 4th oldest list.
Ouch. Pain city!
Imagine being out of the eight with only one youngster who is any good.

The Blues started trade period picking up Haynes which kinda made sense, and then half way through decided to go all Richmond-like and jettison decent players to get into the top end of the draft to build for the future.

The Blues under Vossy just can't remain consistent through any period, H&A, Finals or trade period. Confusing!
Lol now Pies supporters calling Kennedy and Owies decent players, two weeks ago they were spuds.

That spud Owies was your best small forward by a mile 🤣
Yeah mate i think you meant to say small forward, he's just a 3rd marking target who got a lot of goals when the rest of the oppo defence were on Curnow and McKay, whoever they use next season will do the same.

Yep Carlol's core group is at or nearing 30.
Imagine being 29 years out from the last flag and stuck with a middle of the road team with no exciting youngsters, no first rounder next year and you're the 4th oldest list.
Ouch. Pain city!
How can you be saying our core group is nearing 30 and then be constantly saying that Carlton's list falls away massively after their first six or seven (with only Cripps in that group near 30)...?

Deadly serious.

Feel free to debate it in the appropriate thread.

You guys really need to watch other teams play more often, then you might get an understanding as to why your amazing current list of superstars have never contended for a premiership.
You need to open the other eye. Your version of debate is quoting Brownlow votes and your telling me I need to watch more footy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back